Topic actions

First post, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

http://adventuregamers.com/newsitem.php?id=1061

The Good - Sam 'n Max are back!

The Bad - Must be purchased online from Telltale games in an "episodic" format. Much like their Bone series of games. Personally I don't like that and hope they find a decent publisher for retail sales. I don't like buying a download. 😠

Reply 4 of 9, by [vEX]

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Same here!
If I pay for something I want a phyiscal copy that's been professionaly produced (or something), not just some file I have to download and put on an ugly CD-R/DVD-R myself.

Antec P182B | Asus P8Z77-V PRO | Intel i5 3570k | 16GB DDR3 | 4TB HDD | Pioneer BDR-207D | Asus Xonar DX | Altec Lansing CS21 | Eizo EV2736W-BK | Arch Linux (64-bit/x86_64)

Reply 5 of 9, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Worse yet, it uses a hardware footprint. Meaning? It only works on the PC you buy it for. That means if you eventually get a new PC it won't work unless you go to their website and relicense it (which is free apparently)

Anyone see the problem? Same as Hl2, once that company/webpage goes down....the game is unplayable. Yeehaw.. 🙄

Sometimes these companies just don't think..

Reply 6 of 9, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

uhhh, yes they do think. They think the kiddies of today will just rebuy their copies or buy whatever the latest and greatest is and forget about the older games....sadly they are right. 🙁

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 7 of 9, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Considering the way things are going with boxed game publishers these days, I don't mind that some developers are trying to cut the greedy publishers out of the loop by selling their games in electronic form. There does need to be some refinements in the technology, however (such as not requiring internet authentication to play single-player games).

Reply 8 of 9, by Reckless

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Agreed that developers should get more of the share... but Valve (and all that follow) have to realise that no everyone will be so keen to pay the same amount for a download as they do/did for a retail boxed copy of a game. I like owning something physical when I've paid for something. Burning a download on to CD-R and scrawling 'game name' with a CD-R pen is just screams 'pirate' software. I like a CD, a box, some artwork, etc. If they can't give me that then it looks like my fix of PC gaming will become extinct before long 🙁 Such as life eh!

Reply 9 of 9, by Darkknight2280

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It is possibly coming out for the Console Power house XBOX 360 in full format from what I have read about it.

GB Money