VOGONS

First post, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Seems to be directshow filters for directly playing Bink (.bik) and Smacker (.smk) video formats. Could come in handy.

RAD Game Tools Splitter

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 1 of 6, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Wonderful. I tested it with some smacker video from the superb Dreamforge's Sanitarium and it worked flawlessly. 😎

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 2 of 6, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Doesn't seem to work with the the .bik files from King Kong. 🙁 Guess they changed the .bik format enough so that this codec doesn't work.

The RAD Video tools play the .bik's fine tho.

On an unrelated note.....The Kong demo actually required me to reboot my computer to play it. Why? StarForce of course! Yepppeee!

Decided to look through my Device Manager since I've been testing alot of demos lately to see how much StarForce is invading my computer.....

Device Manager:

StarForce Protection Environment Driver (version 1.x)
sfdrv01.sys

StarForce Protection Environment Driver v6
prodrv06.sys

StarForce Protection Helper Driver
sfhlp01.sys

StarForce Protection Helper Driver (version 2.x)
sfhlp02.sys

StarForce Protection Helper Driver v2
prohlp02.sys

StarForce Protection VFS Driver (version 2.x)
sfvfs02.sys

Stupid fockers can't even create a single driver for their POS copy protection? WTF. If I was rich (and if I cared enough) I'd hire out a contract kill....ah what the heck I'd do it myself for free.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 3 of 6, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

*phew* somehow I managed to avoid having any of those installed (probably because I don't play a lot of brand new games, and I usually try them before I buy them to see if it's really worth it), unless maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

Reply 4 of 6, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Well, I am able to play all the Bink files I found on my hard drive without any significant problems (using Media Player Classic). Here are the games I played the movies from:

Vampire: Bloodlines
Morrowind
Sid Meier's Pirates!
Oni

It does tend to take a long time to seek, and sometimes if you seek too much the sound will get permanently choppy until you reload the file.

Also, it would be nice to know where this actually came from in case new versions are released. The link goes to some mysterious server in Taiwan and there is no documentation included.

eL, how did you find out about this?

Reply 5 of 6, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I seem to remember there being another package out there that does the same thing....thing is I can't remember what it's called. I'll continue searching through my massive collection of files....

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline