VOGONS

First post, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

http://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.as … uestionID=21960

The information in this article applies to the following configuration(s): Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - aka The Chuck Patch Ra […]
Show full quote

The information in this article applies to the following configuration(s):
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - aka The Chuck Patch
Radeon X1000 series CrossFire
Windows XP Professional / Home Edition
Windows XP Professional 64-bit Edition
Windows 2000
This special driver is provided to enable additional functionality for Oblivion. Specifically this driver will:

1. Permit High Dynamic Range Lighting (HDR) concurrently with Anti-Aliasing (AA) on RADEON X1000 series graphic boards

2. AFR mode for CrossFire (2 GPU’s)

This driver is provided as a proof-of-concept and is not supported by Bethesda, 2K games or ATI Technologies.

Known issues:

1. SuperAA with CrossFire in HDR mode is not enabled. If you have SupperAA enabled you will get the quality and performance of one card as opposed to two.

2. Rendering issues with grass shadows

3. On an ATI Radeon X1600XT CrossFire configuration, the game may intermittently crash if the resolution is set higher than 1600x1200

4. On an ATI Radeon X1900 series card, the game may crash while task-switching between the desktop and game (alt-tab).

ATI Engineering is currently investigating these issues. Updates will be posted as they become available.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 1 of 2, by laxdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I guess I don't understand why I can't get AA and HDR on my 7800 GTX. Is it a driver issue on part of nVidia, or is a lazy programming issue with the Oblivion developers?

Since I don't own Oblivion, it does not bug me all that much really. I do get a bit concerned when there may be a missing feature on my still fairly new 500 video card.

laxDRAGON.com | My Game Collection | My Computers | YouTube

Reply 2 of 2, by gulikoza

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It's a nVidia hardware issue 😀 Apparently the same hardware units are used for both HDR and AA. ATi has these units seperated. Oh yeah, don't be fooled by HL:Lost Coast. It doesn't use true HDR so AA can work there at the same time 😉

http://www.si-gamer.net/gulikoza