See the following thread for details and download:

Post 91341

Mirek

Reply 1 of 3, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

The thread now contains also a download for runtime interpreter. As I checked it it looked liked 32 bit protected mode interpreter (using DOS4GW) which should have been a part of the new release of Eye of Beholder 3" (it should fix mainly engine problems - like slowdowns caused by garbage collector).
The new version of EOB 3 was never released as far as I know.

I wonder whether it would be possible to use this new interpreter with the files from the existing "Eye of Beholder 3" release...
Theoretically it could work (as long as the changes between the original AESOP/16 and the new AESOP/32 were only limited to the engine and not to scripts or other resources).

Having the interpreter available, it may be even possible to think about porting it to other platforms (Linux/Mac/whatever ... in the same way as Exult or ScummVM work).

The above mentioned is bsed just on the brief checking of AESOP32.ZIP and RUNTIME.ZIP (so there may be other problems/missing things).

Mirek

Reply 3 of 3, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

It looks like a stupid hacker deleted it... I do not know whether moderators can recover it or not. If it proves impossible, I made a new thread:
*New* AESOP_16, AESOP_32 engine thread (Eye of Beholder 3, Dungeon Hack)

I uploaded there zip with cached pages from Google, I will add other things (attachments) later. Hopefully I backuped everything.

Mirek