VOGONS

Duke Nukem 3D Source Code

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 28, by Col.J.P.

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

"I've got Tenebrae, but it's overkill for Quake 1. It uses a lot of resources (framerate drop is significant), and tends to have a look like someone sprayed silicone sealant all over the levels, and that all the bad guys are encased in Vinyl."

ROFL

Exactly, everything has a wet look, but it creates a certain atmosphere, does'nt it? Even if you play Quake at 5 fps instead of a regular 60 or 80 with Tomaz Quake...
I'm really happy with 30 fps, I'm not a speed freak.

Stay tuned for the 3DRealms forums, maybe someone will appears with a port for Duke.
The Blood source is out too?
I never found it, I don't think so.

Reply 21 of 28, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Col.J.P. Exactly, everything has a wet look, but it creates a certain atmosphere, does'nt it?

Well, It's a little over-the-top. When it looks good, it's very good. When it doesn't, it looks...well...goofy.

The Blood source is out too?
I never found it, I don't think so.

No, no, not saying that it was... I'm saying that Duke3D was the foundation for all the other BUILD games. Even if the games' other source code is never released, good programmers should be able to create working clones of those games by modifying the source as needed.

What I really don't want is the modified Quake 1 version of the game. Even the very best attempts at 3D modeling just don't work. Having said that, the "bloated butcher" model in Quake II looks good...in a manner of speaking....

Recently played some original BLOOD add-ons, and it still comes off as a more interactive environment than many of the earlier 3D game engines.

EDIT/UPDATE: Apparently, there was an agreement to release the BLOOD source code if the Duke3D code was released...
http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~bloodsource/yabb/ … ;num=1048313366

Reply 22 of 28, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Nicht Sehr Gut Even if the games' other source code is never released, good programmers should be able to create working clones of those games by modifying the source as needed.

EDIT/UPDATE: Apparently, there was an agreement to release the BLOOD source code if the Duke3D code was released...

Heh...somebody was so impatient he couldn't even wait for Infrogrames to respond to the request for the source code:
http://www.winblood.com/

Not "playable", but very interesting. The graphic anomalies keep it "engrossing" while walking around the map.

Reply 23 of 28, by Col.J.P.

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Cool, this is what we were looking for, is'nt it?

If all you want is mouselook, high-res and gameplay, you may already have your prayers answered...

I only believe it when I actually saw it working...

Still the same ceptic:(

Reply 24 of 28, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Col.J.P. Cool, this is what we were looking for, is'nt it?

Very close. Makes sense, since 80-90% of the BLOOD engine is basically Duke3D. Lacks voxels (the "true" 3D objects in BLOOD), but that's not critical (hopefully though, they can be re-implemented...I miss them already).

I only believe it when I actually saw it working...

*heh* Well right now it's just Duke3D with BLOOD art and a test map, but it bodes well for the future. Funny part is that audio (sort of) works, and there is some kind of time/space rip near the middle of the map where graphic and audio anomalies abound.

Still the same sceptic:(

Like I say: "Plan for the worst, hope for the best".

Or, like Caleb says: "This is CRAZY! But then, SO AM I!!

Reply 25 of 28, by Waxxxz018

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So Much For that Duke Source Code.... 😢 I don't know if it's just me but I think this link's broken...... 😕
Anyone else got problems with it? 😕

😵 Waxxxz018 😵

---"Nothings Impossible!!! It Can Be Done!!! It's Just A Damn PC!!! Show It Who's Boss Man!!!"---

Reply 26 of 28, by Waxxxz018

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Add-On to So Much For that Duke Source Code.... 😢 I don't know if it's just me but I think this link's broken...... 😕
Anyone else got problems with it? 😕

Same with Blood...

😵 Waxxxz018 😵

---"Nothings Impossible!!! It Can Be Done!!! It's Just A Damn PC!!! Show It Who's Boss Man!!!"---

Reply 28 of 28, by Waxxxz018

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

If anyones still interested in the Duke3D Source Code you can get it from my site, it's "The Voiceless Gamer", I will be trying to gather DOS fixes & goodies here, enjoy! 😁

😵 Waxxxz018 😵