VOGONS

First post, by [vEX]

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

A new version off imbNES has been released with lots of new features (yeehaw).
For those who doesn't know imbNES is a NES emulator coded in assambler for the PS1/PS2 systems and it works darn good too.
Changes in this version is:
- Menu redesigned from the ground up to be easier to use
- Full game genie support
- NES controls can be remapped to any PSX button
- Now works perfectly with the PS2
- All new sound engine plus DMC channel support
- New color palette captured directly from a real NES specifically for the PSX
- Turbo controls
- Analog stick can be used as NES d-pad
- Saves now work properly with the PSX memory card manager and are backwards compatible with previous releases
- Save game icon can be easily customized before burning
- Mapper 9 (punchout) and 34 (deadly towers) support added
- Proper PAL screen positioning
- CDs with 1 game will auto run for a console like experience
- General speed and accuracy improvements (final fantasy 3 now works perfectly)

Check it out at http://imbnes.gamebase.ca.

Antec P182B | Asus P8Z77-V PRO | Intel i5 3570k | 16GB DDR3 | 4TB HDD | Pioneer BDR-207D | Asus Xonar DX | Altec Lansing CS21 | Eizo EV2736W-BK | Arch Linux (64-bit/x86_64)

Reply 3 of 9, by [vEX]

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Snover wrote:

/me still wants DSP3 support in ZSNES 😒

ZSNES is open-source, go add support yourself 😜

Antec P182B | Asus P8Z77-V PRO | Intel i5 3570k | 16GB DDR3 | 4TB HDD | Pioneer BDR-207D | Asus Xonar DX | Altec Lansing CS21 | Eizo EV2736W-BK | Arch Linux (64-bit/x86_64)

Reply 5 of 9, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Snover wrote:

I'm not comptent.

Tell us something we don't know! 😜

Is that some kind of component of the SNES sound hardware? I didn't know that ZSNES didn't emulate everything. I guess it must only be used in a few games?

Reply 6 of 9, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

DSP chips (not to be confused with Digital Signal Processors), marketed by Nintendo as "SuperFX", are extra chips built into the cartridge of some games (Pilotwings, Super Mario RPG, Stunt Race FX all used DSP1). DSP3 is for Top Gear 3000, probably some other stuff too.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 7 of 9, by kode54

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

SuperFX has nothing to do with the DSP* series, nor does it have anything to do with the SA-1.

SuperFX came in two variations, 10MHz and 21MHz. SuperFX games include: Doom, Star Fox, Stunt Race FX, Yoshi's Island

SA-1 games include: Kirby's Super Star, Kirby's Dream Land 3, Super Mario RPG

All of the DSP* series are basically the same chip, but programmed differently. DSP1 games include: Pilotwings, Super Mario Kart

For more information on the various coprocessor chips, search the ZSNES Board for the names of the chips. Sorry if I don't have more information on-hand at the moment.

Reply 9 of 9, by kode54

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Oops, I forgot some chips. Here.

...Hmm, it seems the GoodSNES listed broken dump of Super Mario RPG (v1.1) (J) identifies as DSP-1, but I'm not sure. It's supposedly very corrupt. As the entry implies, no good dump known.

Last edited by kode54 on 2003-06-18, 01:04. Edited 1 time in total.