VOGONS

PCEm. Another PC emulator.

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 661 of 1046, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Your posts bear a certain, um, imaginative quality resembling those of another user whose accounts were banned.
search.php?keywords=&terms=all&author=windows … 0&submit=Search
search.php?keywords=&terms=all&author=johnnyn … 0&submit=Search

But I for one doubt that you are the same person under yet another account.

Reply 664 of 1046, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

the old accounts played dumb too. SarahWalker made a point about not checking this thread for future PCem discussion so she could dispose of this guy that can't take the hint on her own site. It's insanity.

very much reminds me of that one guy who goes to every emulator's issues/forums and demands for a 64-bit version (becuase "faster" and "32-bit obsolete"), shader ports from different emulators and upscalers/"increase internal resolution" because he misses the point of the preservation aspect, not taking no for an answer.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 665 of 1046, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
leileilol wrote:

the old accounts played dumb too. SarahWalker made a point about not checking this thread for future PCem discussion so she could dispose of this guy that can't take the hint on her own site. It's insanity.

very much reminds me of that one guy who goes to every emulator's issues/forums and demands for a 64-bit version (becuase "faster" and "32-bit obsolete"), shader ports from different emulators and upscalers/"increase internal resolution" because he misses the point of the preservation aspect, not taking no for an answer.

It's a similar posting style, but ... no, DOSfan1994 is not the same guy, leilei.

The guy you mentioned (Windows95Fan/justincase/johnnynoone) is aka. Javier Donoso. (or a friend.)

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 669 of 1046, by therock247uk

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Possible missing file from the zip?

---------------------------
PCem.exe - System Error
The program can't start because libstdc++-6.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
OK

Reply 670 of 1046, by ppgrainbow

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
therock247uk wrote:
Possible missing file from the zip? […]
Show full quote

Possible missing file from the zip?

PCem.exe - System Error
The program can't start because libstdc++-6.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
OK

I have the same issue here. Also the IBM PC icon that was used in revisions of PCem v8.1 are not there in the official release. 🙁 I'm wondering if we can create one or use the IBM PC icon that was used in PCem v8.1 r161.

Reply 675 of 1046, by truth_deleted

User metadata

For some reason, mingw/gcc4.8 (and possibly gcc4.7) do not build an executable where the following C/C++ runtime libraries are statically linked: libgcc_s_dw2-1, libstdc++-6. Instead, they are dynamically linked, so the corresponding two DLL files are required. However, gcc4.6 will statically link these libraries; one way is via the configure command:

LDFLAGS="-static-libgcc -static-libstdc++" ./configure

Reply 679 of 1046, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

CPU cache affects its framerate greatly 😀 makes me wonder how cache plays out with Q3 on a real 486 (with a Voodoo2 that is). cg_simpleItems also provides a very nice speedboost, and r_fastsky is absolutely necessary.

The graphical corruption's all expected for the S3 emulation as ViRGE never was fully featured so this is not a PCem bug. 😀 however the limitations present has me inspired for compatibility theories to get things working on the worst hardware possible, like doing alpha modulation by mipmap manipulation, approximating additive as alphas, etc... the limitations feel like the bastard child of Rage Pro and PCX2 😀

apsosig.png
long live PCem