VOGONS

PCEm. Another PC emulator.

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 41 of 1046, by ppgrainbow

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but can anyone access Sarah Walker's website properly?

If so, doing a search for PCem throws a warning that "This site may harm your computer". I have concerns that the domain might have contained malicious code added from third parties...causing the warning message to be displayed. 🙁

Reply 43 of 1046, by ppgrainbow

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

That's awful! I can't believe that cyber-criminals would want to hack your website and inject malicious content on your website. 🙁

It's a good thing that you've removed the infection from your website this afternoon. I'm hoping that you notified Google that your site is safe to visit again. 😀

The last time suspicious content was on your site was on the 27th of December.

Reply 47 of 1046, by SarahWalker

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It's about half a semitone.

It would be, if PCem was generating output for 49716Hz and playing back at 48kHz. However, it's generating output for 48kHz and playing back at 48kHz. So people with perfect pitch won't notice, as the pitch is correct.

Reply 50 of 1046, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Diablo's lighting appears broken. Doesn't seem video chipset specific. Clicking cow a bunch of times also crashes.

Diablo v1.00
Windows 95A
DirectX 5
Trident SVGA and ET4000 tested
486 DX2-66, AM5x86 133
Old Video Card
"A little" cache

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 51 of 1046, by SarahWalker

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks for that leileilol. When v0.7's in a state to run Windows again I'll give Diablo a go. There are at least two major CPU fixes already made so it's possible the crashing has already been fixed.

Incidentally, how slow is Diablo with the cache not on 'infinite'? Status window should give an idea. During testing for v0.6 I came to the conclusion that in Windows the caching system slowed the emulated machine down so much as to be completely useless.

5247846 : Please stop stalking me. It is quite unnerving.

Reply 54 of 1046, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
5247846 wrote:

But a good feature for me would be that you add a Diamond SpeedSTAR 24 BIOS image to your site.

This is not a feature of the emulator. If you want such a BIOS image, you're going to have to a) find someone with that card and b) find some way to dump it.

And this is for what, running Windows 3.0 in TrueColor mode?

Reply 57 of 1046, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It's a ET4000AX anyway.

Incidentally, how slow is Diablo with the cache not on 'infinite'? Status window should give an idea. During testing for v0.6 I came to the conclusion that in Windows the caching system slowed the emulated machine down so much as to be completely useless.

As slow as I remember! I never really used much cache with a 486 in the day.

apsosig.png
long live PCem