VOGONS

First post, by Hexacorde

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi friends,

I did a new OPL3 emulator that I would like to share with you. I made it available at www.cozendey.com/opl3/opl3.html

There there is an applet that demonstrates it, right in the page.

I hope you enjoy, and have some fun with it.

best wishes,
hexacorde

Reply 1 of 6, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It's (l)GPLed too! FTW!

Can you sneak in the CMF files of STARFM.CMF? OPL emulators have some trouble with that one (as with doom's e1m1 music and heretic's e1m5 music)

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 2 of 6, by Hexacorde

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The file starfm.cmf works at the emulator, but it gets out of tune in the rapid passages. This de-tuning problem also occurs, as far as I have listened, in the files action.cmf, jug.cmf and amazing.cmf, all available at chiptunes.back2roots.org (actually, I got the examples files from there 😀

Reply 4 of 6, by franpa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You can't stop the current song, so you can not change tracks while a song is playing. (in your demonstration on your site)

the top most example file distorts noticably.

EDIT: in Firefox 3.0.3 & Java 6 update 7, refreshing the page closes the brwser unexpectedly (the crash handler pops up when reopening Firefox)

AMD Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII (WiFi) | 16GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti 8GB | Windows 10 Pro x64.

my website

Reply 5 of 6, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Same crash here as franpa reported.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 6 of 6, by Hexacorde

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi franpa,

the top most example file distorts noticably.

This happens with other files? This distortion remains when you wait the song to finish and play the buffered version?

The real-time rendering can present a lot of distortion and noises, that disappears when you play the buffered version. (Which is, indeed, the emulator real output.)

You can't stop the current song, so you can not change tracks while a song is playing. (in your demonstration on your site).
EDIT: in Firefox 3.0.3 & Java 6 update 7, refreshing the page closes the brwser unexpectedly (the crash handler pops up when reopening Firefox)

About stopping a song, I intended the replayer to be only a bare one, since my focus is on the emulator.

About the refresh, although it is also a replayer issue, I will test it in Firefox, and hopefully makes it work under it. The replayer is intended just to this basic operation: playing a song until it is finished, without changing songs or refreshing it.
The only additional features that the replayer has, is the above mentioned "Play again", to remove noise due to computer speed, and the "Save as...", that saves a WAV rendering to your computer.

Let me hear from you if there are any other issues,

hexacorde

ps: If you want also to play some files from your computer, you can open your own DOSBox captured .DRO files, beyong the CMF and LAA ones.