VOGONS

First post, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Plus a few other Sierra titles:

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/07/23/space-quest … eam-with-other/

Not sure if they use DOSBox for the originally DOS-based ones.

Reply 1 of 4, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have been aware of this for some time, but was asked to not say anything about it until it was announced.

HunterZ wrote:

Not sure if they use DOSBox for the originally DOS-based ones.

Yes, they are. Unfortunately, this is just a Steam release of the highly flawed 2006 collections with DOSBox 0.63 and all of the same problems as that release, missing install files, missing games, etc. You cannot even update DOSBox any higher than 0.65, as the launcher has the conf file hard coded into it and is not compatible with later versions of DOSBox. My patches for the 2006 collections might fix it, but I can't say for sure.

Reply 2 of 4, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Why don't Sierra, Actavision or whoever is behind this, cut off their hands and feet while they are at it?

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 3 of 4, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Activision seems to own all or most of the Sierra franchises now (Vivendi owned Sierra and Blizzard, and Activision merged with Vivendi to form Activision-Blizzard), and they view them as nothing more than shovelware.

Reply 4 of 4, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

As I figured, their forums are having to deal with all of the same issues that the VU forums did after the release of the 2006 collections. Somebody found an old patch of mine to update KQ7 v1.4 to v2.00b that has problems with it, but no one there has found my collection patches. I don't feel like joining yet another forum just to tell them that all of the problems that they are having with the collections have already been solved.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers