VOGONS

Manomio's Commodore 64 emulator has been approved by Apple

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

http://toucharcade.com/2009/09/05/c64-emulato … -now-available/

Manomio's Commodore 64 emulator [$4.99] has finally been approved by Apple. The final Apple approved version has BASIC disabled.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 3 of 10, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

and it has disappeared again from the app store...

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 5 of 10, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

What a load of copyrighted bollocks. So in my mind, if you make something for the Whyphone, then make it freeware and homebrew and do NOT sell it , cause the whole Apple Whyphone is a load of bollocks. If I could program I would go the route of going freeware, opensource and homebrew. And screw the commercial stuff. But then again that is my point of view with that.

Reply 6 of 10, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

huh? I read some other reasons in that blog post...

So in my mind, if you make something for the Whyphone, then make it freeware and homebrew and do NOT sell it , cause the whole Apple Whyphone is a load of bollocks.

Hmmm, that reasoning is strange. Let me recap, because the iphone is bollocks (nice the whyphone writing fits exactly the M$ writing type of people...) you should make it freeware and homebrew if you make something for it? Why would you make something for it if you think it is bollocks?
And why should developers not try to sell their work? Everyone can decide if they want to buy the app themselves, I wouldn't have bought it, not for that price.
Anyway that issue you are rising (even though I don't understand exactly what your issue is, except that you don't like the iphone and wanted to rant...) is not on topic at all...

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 8 of 10, by BigBodZod

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
WolverineDK wrote:

Dominus: yup and what ever, as I said. It was my point of view.

I agree with you wholeheartedly on this one, the whole damn IP thing has gotten to a point where breathing costs you as somebody owns that IP too 🙁

Again, also my opinion but just like the name you give this product, why are peeps so much into selling an app instead of freeware and/or opensource....

Guess somebody has to pay the piper but I will not be participating in that load of crap....

No matter where you go, there you are...

Reply 9 of 10, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

BigBodZod: well you see , Dominus has tried to bait and pick on me before. So when he went in and began, I got an into an auto immune response , cause as you can clearly read in my first and second post, which Dominus saw as a rant. Then I wrote very clearly, that is was my own opinion. Not a hammer down on all other people in the world. But anyway let Dominus do his thing, I do not actually care about Dominus. And what was the first time he nitpicked on me ? Well it was about too many commas. And what not when it comes to grammar.

Reply 10 of 10, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Since I started this thread, I now declare it dead.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions