Reply 20 of 21, by marcel

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The breasts.
I prefer the backend.
Waha!!

😁

But, in some way this is like using only one loudspeaker if you have a stereo hifi set...

Perhaps I am just too stupid, but how can I configure dosboxfro to automount a directory on dosbox startup. The automount func […]
Show full quote

Perhaps I am just too stupid,
but how can I configure dosboxfro to automount a directory on dosbox startup.
The automount function hasn't been implemented yet,
but I guess an entry in the AUTOEXEC should do it.

But it doesn't work.

Adding "mount c: c:\dumdidei"-lines to the autoexec.bat worked for me in DoBoxFro, but I had to save the profile before launching DosBox from DoBoxFro.

This frontend is harder to use than DosBox

It's much easier if you translate the GUI's labels and captions word-by-word to german. At least for me this worked fine.

~slrhui:
Maybe the labels and captions could need some retranslations...
My english isn't perfect either, but if I can help you, 'count on me'! 😉
Besides that, many thanks for a GUI that helped me getting DOSBox started

another way no sig

Reply 21 of 21, by Jiri

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Anonymous wrote:

This frontend is harder to use than DosBox.

When I found DOSBox I downloaded it with a frontend. I remember that it was not much easy and intuitive to handle. Then I forgot the frontend and quickly learned how to use DOSBox without it. Even at present, when I already know, how to use the frontend, I am not using it. Maybe some kind of nice and easy to use frontend is not a bad idea, especially for novice users, but I´m not sure if this frontend is on a good way to achieve it.
What I would appreciate more is the ability to run games via DOSBox in a similar way as with VDMSound. I mean launching the game in DOSBox through the context menu entry (I tried "Send To" option, but some games did not work correctly) and particularly possibility to create for each game a special DOSBox shortcut with a configuration panel which would be accessible through "properties" in the shortcut context menu.