VOGONS

Ancient DOS Games Webshow

Topic actions

Reply 282 of 3354, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Master of Orion 3 is a game you SHALL stay away from , the game is bad bad bad(no joke) so if Gemini000 should review two games, then Master of Orion 1 and 2 are two exceptionally good games to review.

Reply 283 of 3354, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
sliderider wrote:

I'm not searching 14 pages of replies to check. :P

I keep the very first post in this thread updated with a list of every episode. There's also such a list on my website: http://www.pixelships.com/adg

As for doing Master of Orion, I have the second one but not the first one, and I'm absolutely terrible at it. (Strategy is my worst genre. Always has been.) Still, I'll make note of these games being requested.

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg

Reply 284 of 3354, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Would be really cool if we could get an ADG subforum on VOGONS so that there could be a separate thread for each episode. I think only Snover and maybe Qbix can do that, though.

Edit: As for hesitation with strategy games, I say it's still worth covering them to give viewers an overview/taste of the game in case they decide it's their cup of tea (or, like me, have always been curious what the game is like, but not enough to play myself).

Reply 285 of 3354, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

I can do that, but would it be needed ? Any problems with the current setup ?

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 287 of 3354, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I think it works either way. For now, there's only about a new page to this thread every couple weeks or so, but I imagine that could change in the future.

...which just made me realize I REALLY need to get some links going directly to VOGONS from my website. Right now, the only way in is through the DOSBox link I have and the "Forums" button on the DOSBox webpage. Definitely will fix that on my next update. ;)

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)

Reply 288 of 3354, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
leileilol wrote:

"Goto page Previous 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15"

Pagination aggravation can be a problem.

This.

Gemini000 wrote:

I think it works either way. For now, there's only about a new page to this thread every couple weeks or so, but I imagine that could change in the future.

...which just made me realize I REALLY need to get some links going directly to VOGONS from my website. Right now, the only way in is through the DOSBox link I have and the "Forums" button on the DOSBox webpage. Definitely will fix that on my next update. 😉

That might drive up the number of posts too.

Reply 289 of 3354, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ancient DOS Games Episode 49 - King's Quest II is online!

The audio quality is kinda poor this week because there's been way too much noise from various sources all week long in the area, so it's been impossible to find a quiet point in time to record the audio, thus I had to make due and use some aggressive noise filtering. x_x;

Also, coming up next Saturday is the 50th episode of Ancient DOS Games, and what I've declared to be the final episode of ADG's first season! (Yes, I'm aware it took longer than a year to make all 50 episodes. My show's seasons can be as long as I want them to be!) Episode 50's gonna be pretty epic and isn't going to focus on just one game.

Afterwards, I intend to take a couple weeks off from my ADG duties to focus on other projects and to just take a breather. I'm also going to update the overall presentation of the show just a little to give it a little more energy and fill a show feature request that's been on the agenda for awhile now.

I also finally linked back here to VOGONS from my website. I've got links on the main ADG episode lists as well as my links page. ;)

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)

Reply 290 of 3354, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

WOOOOOOOT

kingsquestii.png

I couldn't even come close to guessing the past games, but this one I knew right away because I played, and completed, KQ 1 and KQ 2 last year.

Apart from GOG you can also buy the Kings Quest Collection from Steam. But AFAIK it comes with the VGA remake of KQ 1. It seems there is no single collection that has every version.

For Sierra games in general, there is this fantastic resource with patches and workarounds:

http://www.sierrahelp.com/

Also if you want to best music / sound out of the old Sierra Games, you should check out the Apple II versions. The music is outstanding, Space Quest 1 even features some digital speech right at the beginning.

Attachments

• Filename
    KQ2 Map.pdf
    File size
    227.75 KiB
    Downloads
    245 downloads
    File comment
    PDF Map of KQ2 I created in 2010.
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
Last edited by Mau1wurf1977 on 2011-06-11, 03:37. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 292 of 3354, by nerka99

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

1st of all hello everyone.
I wont lie i registered especially for this particullar topic 😀
I tried sugesting Gemini one particualar game once but maybe here i will have people behind me 😀
As far as i know Fallout 1 had DOS version; i bet im not the only one that would like to see it done by Gemini... and then point him out all errors 😜 ... just kidding naturally 😉

logo.jpeg cRPG Games Lexicon

Reply 293 of 3354, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Well, I don't own the original Fallout, and so far you're the only one who's requested it. :P

I'll only go out of my way to get a game for a request when a lot of requests come in for it. So far though, requests have been all over the place, with most games on my requests list only having one or two requests each. Even if I owned them all it'd take over a year to cover every request I've got!

So the ones that get priority are the ones I own, but so far most of those are games where I own the sequels but not the originals. (IE: Owning Duke Nukem 3D but not the first two games, owning Master of Orion II but not the first one, etc.)

I did King's Quest II out of order for a variety of reasons, but I don't want to make a habit of going out of order.

I do indeed do requests though when I can. Star Wars: Dark Forces, MechWarrior, Megazeux and Sango Fighter were all requests. My collection is nowhere near the size of some people's though so I can't guarantee anything. All I can do is do what I can. ;)

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)

Reply 294 of 3354, by nerka99

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Gemini000 wrote:

Well, I don't own the original Fallout, and so far you're the only one who's requested it. 😜

I'll only go out of my way to get a game for a request when a lot of requests come in for it.

Well even if u get enough request getting the game would be biggest problem... i dont know if u can buy DOS Fallout on ebay since i think its kind of rare treat 😉

Reply 295 of 3354, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Gemini000 wrote:

Owning Duke Nukem 3D but not the first two games,

If you own the first version, Duke Nukem 3D 1.3D you'll also own the first two games. Atomic Edition doesn't have them.

nerka99 wrote:

i dont know if u can buy DOS Fallout on ebay since i think its kind of rare treat 😉

DOS/Win versions co-exist on the same disc

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 296 of 3354, by nerka99

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
leileilol wrote:

DOS/Win versions co-exist on the same disc

Oh thats good to know actually. Is that the case for 1st american release or all others also?
I wasn't sure about DOS version since as far as i know here in Poland only WIN version was released.

Reply 298 of 3354, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
leileilol wrote:

If you own the first version, Duke Nukem 3D 1.3D you'll also own the first two games.

Seriously? :O

I'll have to double-check my CD because I wasn't the one who originally installed the game (a friend did) and ever since then I don't think I've ever put the CD back into any computer of mine and simply transfered my entire Duke3D directory (including all of my Build Editor work) between each system I've worked with.

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)