VOGONS

Ancient DOS Games Webshow

Topic actions

Reply 3180 of 3181, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ancient DOS Games Pro 17 - Minimum Winning Score - Dangerous Dave is online!

So, I play through Dangerous Dave about once or twice a year just for the heck of it, but something I'd never thought to try until recently was to go for a "Minimum Winning Score" run, beating the game collecting as few points as possible, and funnily enough, this not only turned out to make the game MUCH harder, but it also revealed some important idiosyncrasies and a bug I didn't even know existed! :O

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg

Reply 3181 of 3181, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ancient DOS Games Episode 279 - Zork Nemesis is online!

So... Zork Nemesis was not only the very first Zork game I ever played as a kid, but I only ever owned the demo version and I really enjoyed it, but never got around to acquiring or playing the full game. Heck, I never even looked into what the content of the full game was and went into it completely blind for this review...

...THAT WAS A MISTAKE. O_O

Nah, I'm just kidding, the game was still enjoyable and retained the quality of its presentation and content throughout, but this game absolutely trolled me in terms of the KIND of content, because it may start out as a fun, fantasy adventure steeped in alchemy, but about a quarter-way in things take a MASSIVE turn into the dark and disturbing, and I get the impression based on the box art and other things I've seen that the game trolling players was ABSOLUTELY INTENTIONAL. :P

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg