VOGONS

First post, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Remind : The website will stop providing service on 28st of February, 2012.

Go get quick your drivers:

ftp://ftp.abit.com.tw/

http://www.abit.com.tw/

Remind : The website will stop providing service on 28st of February, 2012.

~ At least it can do black and white~

Reply 3 of 48, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
dosquest wrote:

Can someone do like a mirror dump of the entire ftp and site? Like the internetarchive?

I think you need to have a lot of free time and a lot of space on your computer.. But it is understandble why its goes off line.. It only cost them money to keep it alive, and maybe 1 or 2 procent is downloading from that site..

Reply 5 of 48, by BigBodZod

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm looking at the FTP server now, it's calculating the size and queing up the sub-directories.

So far around 300MB but it is still queing the files.

EDIT1:

Good news, sems to be only a little over 15GB in size, downloading now with Filezilla.

I wonder if I can recompress it using 7zip to create a smaller FTP.ABIT archive and burn it to a double sided DVD-R ?!?

No matter where you go, there you are...

Reply 6 of 48, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
dosquest wrote:

Can someone do like a mirror dump of the entire ftp and site? Like the internetarchive?

I looked at the site but have no idea where to begin 🤣. Will look at it tomorrow what to download, theres so much stuff there

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 7 of 48, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Happy to contribute backing up the FTP. But to be honest I don't know HOW.

But happy to help and got heaps of storage here...

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 8 of 48, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I think Bigbodzod using a FTP Client downloading software..

I can also help if its only 15GB of space...

I have an 320GB driver over here (iam using only about 10Gig now)

Reply 9 of 48, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
BigBodZod wrote:
I'm looking at the FTP server now, it's calculating the size and queing up the sub-directories. […]
Show full quote

I'm looking at the FTP server now, it's calculating the size and queing up the sub-directories.

So far around 300MB but it is still queing the files.

EDIT1:

Good news, sems to be only a little over 15GB in size, downloading now with Filezilla.

I wonder if I can recompress it using 7zip to create a smaller FTP.ABIT archive and burn it to a double sided DVD-R ?!?

I'm getting could not connect to server error

Last edited by sliderider on 2012-01-08, 16:06. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 12 of 48, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Iam think its better that two people are downloading and no more, because its overloads the server.. And then no people cant download at all, so no software..

Reply 13 of 48, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Must be too many leeches overloading the server. I keep getting error messages and failed downloads. 😁

We're not the only one doing this, you know. There's probably hundreds or even thousands of people online right now bleeding the server dry.

ABit was one of the earliest out with motherboards specifically designed for overclocking so there's probably a lot of luddites out there who are getting their drivers and BIOS updates while they can.

Reply 17 of 48, by BigBodZod

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah, down to 13GB left, a slow pipe to the inet for sure, I have a 22MB downstream but it is still running.

It's always best to use an FTP client rather then a Web Browser just becuase you can set it for PASV mode which most FTP Servers require.

Since I have lots of space on my 2TB storage drive I just created a folder named ftp.abit.com.tw and started downloading there 😉

EDIT:
Down to 10GB left, still a plodding download, perhaps in another week or so ???

No matter where you go, there you are...

Reply 18 of 48, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

How far are you? It looks mine could take a while.. 50.356K/sec its downloading on mine client.. Asked myself if this could be faster.. I think switching from LAN adapter shouldnt work.. Maybe the client could be the problem, because its a unregisterd version.. Smaller files its really faster about xxx.xxx bytes.

If it goes to xx.xxx.xxx bytes it could take i while..

Reply 19 of 48, by mr_bigmouth_502

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'd download this, but I only have a 60GB per month cap on my internet plan. Dammit, why do Canadian telecom services have to suck so much? 🤣 A lot of Americans complain that 250GB per month is too little, but up here that would be considered awesome!