Reply 1 of 15, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Thanks for the heads up

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 6 of 15, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have already bought a hard copy with Fallout 1, 2 and tactics. Some months ago. So do they have any extra patches ? cause if not. Well I personally don't care. Since I am not going to register to download a game, which I already have. This is not a sour burp, just the cold facts.

Reply 7 of 15, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

AFAIK it's just Fallout in a custom GOG branded installer.

GOG for some reason blocks install on the OS the games were originally designed for even though the installer they use supports them just fine.

So if you want to use it on the original OS you'll need to manually unpack it.

You'll still need to apply all of that community patches or just use FIXT http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.ph … der=asc&start=0

Can't believe that you don't have a GOG account.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 8 of 15, by Stull

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Along those lines, you can unpack all the GOG games using innounp. In my experience most of the games can just be unpacked and copied to your Win9x box and they'll just work, though some of the games with add-ons (like Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale) do some weird magic with their installers and they have to be installed with the GOG installer first, and then you can copy them to your Win9x box. I've pondered making a thread about this, but I've been lazy.

Reply 9 of 15, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

I've pondered making a thread about this, but I've been lazy.

Please do so, it would be much appreciated (in my case for Exult I need to provide a how-to sooner or later for Ultima 7 from GOG and it would be nice if I could reference something 😀)

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 10 of 15, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
DosFreak wrote:

You'll still need to apply all of that community patches or just use FIXT http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.ph … der=asc&start=0

Can't believe that you don't have a GOG account.

Thanks for the link to the patches, but why I do NOT have a GOG account is simple. I do not trust paying over the internet, second of all. I prefer hard copies of the game. That I am buying. But hey that is me in a nutshell really 😀

Reply 14 of 15, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
DosFreak wrote:

AFAIK it's just Fallout in a custom GOG branded installer.

I think they also baked in a DirectX wrapper that someone wrote for better compatibility on Windows Vista/7. The problem is that it has a terrible framerate on a lot of systems.

I prefer another hack someone made where you run an app in the background that somehow (it's in French I think) stops some of the glitches from happening.

Reply 15 of 15, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
robertmo wrote:
WolverineDK wrote:

I do not trust paying over the internet

make a separate account for that only

Yeah, or get a Linux powered machine. But still I do NOT trust paying over the internet. Second of all, the Danish electronic payment system , and you need something called "easy ID" which is based on an old Java , and that seriously sucks. When in fact, if you update your Java, it will not work. So it is a catch 22. So I do NOT trust electronic payment systems, when it comes to paying over the internet.