l33t++

Pył, Pyl, Dust English Language version

Have fun! 😀

Updates:
v1_01 - added translated pylsetup.exe + corrected some minor spelling mistakes
v1_02 - fixed credits + corrected some mistakes
v1_03 - better keys description in options menu

Attachments

Last edited by robertmo on 2013-07-04, 04:43. Edited 8 times in total.

Reply 4 of 116, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Some time ago I asked them whether they would like to release some other game i translated. They said no problem if I got the rights for that game 😉

The case of Pył‚ seems to be funny as it appears the company that made it owns gog's owner for a year now 😉

But for now Pył‚ is not handled properly neither by gulikoza's patch (messed up textures), nor glidos (jerky mouse), nor nglide (too low view distance of enemies and objects and also lights shinning through walls), nor dosbox's wd/kekko's voodoo->opengl (damn slow lens effect of a scope mode - it can be turned of in game's config file but not for night mode). Actually even in plain dosbox sound breaks with this game with too low cycles. And not enough cycles may be the most important problem after all above are solved. Well maybe computers will handle it till the time above problems are solved 😉

Reply 6 of 116, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

nglide doesn't slow down with scope mode but it uses direct3d so that it is not useful i guess.

But I noticed that gulikoza's patched openglide doesn't slow down too. So maybe that could be useful?

Reply 8 of 116, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I think JetFighter III and JetFighter Fullburn have the same speed problem when you have the sun on the screen.

Attachments

• jffb_sun.JPG
    Filename
    jffb_sun.JPG
    File size
    38.47 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 10 of 116, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

30fps -> 2fps

Attachments

• Filename
    jf3.zip
    File size
    2.91 MiB
    Downloads
    759 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
Last edited by robertmo on 2013-04-02, 09:19. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 11 of 116, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

My guess is that curves are being generated with too high precision (resolution), hence the slow down. Precision much higher than the monitor can display, so we don't actually see that quality.

Reply 13 of 116, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
wd wrote:

Get a better graphics card/pc. 😉

My GPU usage is 12%, but i noticed a huge memory leak in the place from my second post's screenshot - when i am just standing there not even moving a mouse, there is a constant 3-4MB/s growth of pc memory usage and also a 3-4MB/s growth of graphics memory usage. I have PMed you a save.

Reply 17 of 116, by Kerr Avon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

What is Pył‚ Pyl Dust (or is it called 'Pyl Dust')? I've never heard of this game before, and can't find it on Gamefaqs, does it have a different name in English, and is it downloadable or still for sale? What is it, a first person shooter, and is it any good?

Reply 18 of 116, by Gamecollector

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Polish name: Pył‚. The last symbol is the latin L with stroke, unicode 0142.
No english version was released.
So - EN aliases are Pyl (without the stroke) or Dust (name translation).

This is FPS. Very-very bad FPS. But - with the DOS glide support.

Last edited by Gamecollector on 2016-10-06, 23:13. Edited 1 time in total.

Asus P4P800 SE/Pentium4 3.2E/2 Gb DDR400B,
Radeon HD3850 Agp (Sapphire), Catalyst 14.4 (XpProSp3).
Voodoo2 12 MB SLI, Win2k drivers 1.02.00 (XpProSp3).

Reply 19 of 116, by Kerr Avon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Oh right, thanks. It looks good from that screenshot, but since you say it's bad, and considering that if it was good then it would probably be a lot better known amongst us FPS fans, I don't think I'll bother trying to track it down.