http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/tomb_raider_123
http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/sid_meiers_colonization

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 2 of 9, by laxdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Only Tomb Raider 1 was DOS. 2 and 3 were Win32.

On that note, I assume they are not offering the 3dfx version of TR1 with one of the wrappers out there. I'm sure they didn't go that far.

laxDRAGON.com | My Game Collection | My Computers | YouTube

Reply 3 of 9, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

From their forums I gather they use openglide + some dosbox build, although I don't know which one.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 4 of 9, by Zup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I asked if the expansions (Unfinished business, for example) were included, but GOG still have not answered that question. Also, it seems that people that buyed are obsessed with Lara's anatomy... no user answered the question, either.

I have traveled across the universe and through the years to find Her.
Sometimes going all the way is just a start...

I'm selling some stuff!

Reply 5 of 9, by laxdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Qbix wrote:

From their forums I gather they use openglide + some dosbox build, although I don't know which one.

Okay, that is pretty neat. I half expected them to just use the software rendered version.

laxDRAGON.com | My Game Collection | My Computers | YouTube

Reply 6 of 9, by Zup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

At last, someone answered the question: it seems that GOG couldn't get the rights for the expansions, so Unfinished Business, The Golden Mask and The Lost Artifact are not included (at this moment). I wonder what will happen if they get the rights... will they include in the main pack or as another product? Has happened it before (getting some extras after publishing a game)? How does GOG handle that situations?

EDIT: I was wrong... it seems that GOG has used yhkwong's build for TR1. No hires textures and no nude patch, but definitely it uses Glide.

I have traveled across the universe and through the years to find Her.
Sometimes going all the way is just a start...

I'm selling some stuff!

Reply 7 of 9, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

My main question:

Will it run on a vintage PC?

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 8 of 9, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

If you copy over the installed TR files or unpack them assuming you want to play the game on a Windows OS older than Windows 2000.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 9 of 9, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Colonization is a good game. I played that loads on my 486 and Pentium systems. It would be worth dropping $5.99 for that one but I don't think I'd go higher than that. It might even end up on the free download list one day soon.