VOGONS

Wolfenstein 3D remake

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

http://www.moddb.com/games/wolfram

Looks amazing, and still feels true to the original.

now someone just needs to do this for Blake Stone and I can die happy 😀

levelshots.jpg

6.jpg

3.jpg

Last edited by DonutKing on 2012-07-04, 22:27. Edited 1 time in total.

If you are squeamish, don't prod the beach rubble.

Reply 1 of 9, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I can see this turning out like the ChronoTrigger remake, a lot of work is going to be done on it, a few trailers will be released, everyone will get all worked up about it, then the authors will receive a cease and desist letter from id and everyone will get pissed off at them for *gasp* protecting their intellectual property.

Reply 5 of 9, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
leileilol wrote:

Looks disgusting.

It also likes to crash real hard on my only box with a modern-ish (GT 240) GPU. Works just fine on my other PC which is hopelessly outdated, though it obviously looks even worse on that one.

[ WEB ] - [ BLOG ] - [ TUBE ] - [ CODE ]

Reply 6 of 9, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Works for me and I think its really good, keeps the feel of the original. The increased scale of the game helps you to forget about the tile based level design. Some of the animations and ragdolls are a bit stodgy but I think that's just nitpicking really, overall I find it quite enjoyable.

If you are squeamish, don't prod the beach rubble.

Reply 9 of 9, by Pippy P. Poopypants

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Personally I prefer such old games to be left the way they are (the way they were originally meant to be played). The various Doom re-modeling and re-texturing projects for example look nice but at the same time don't look anywhere near as great as a commercially-produced product. That's just my preference though.

GUIs and reviews of other random stuff

Вфхуи ZoPиЕ m
СФИР Et. SEPOHЖ
Chebzon фt Ymeztoix © 1959 zem