First post, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

All you Facebook haters in here are gonna love this,

If you like THQ's facebook page, you get the game for free on Steam

https://www.facebook.com/MetroVideoGame?sk=ap … 395840630491782

Lasts until 16th of December. Awesome game, so grab it if you can.

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 2 of 9, by archsan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

But I... I... I've deleted my fb account... this is not fair... 😢

EDIT: It works! Had problem with updating Steam but it's done now. Thanks again to keropi for the code and vetz for the headsup 😁

Reply 3 of 9, by memsys

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

*makes fake account using a fake mail*
*likes*
*uses the code in steam*
*uses CCleaner to remove all browser history and scans for malware just in case*

free game!

Reply 4 of 9, by BigBodZod

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I already own this game and would not sink to using a fake account to get onto FB to begin with.

I can live without freebees like this if it means having to LIKE something 😜

No matter where you go, there you are...

Reply 6 of 9, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
sliderider wrote:

Got it added to my Steam account. I wonder what provoked the sudden generosity from THQ?

Desperation, falling share price. THQ has been closing offices and laying people off pretty steadily over the least 2-3 years.

After their Humble Bundle campaign the price picked up pretty sharply though, so they're continuing the "gratis gaming" thing with this Metro 2033 offer.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 7 of 9, by archsan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
BigBodZod wrote:

I can live without freebees like this if it means having to LIKE something 😜

In all fairness... everyone knows those silly buttons don't mean anything. My eyes recently flashed on an article about the non-effectivity of such social campaigns.

SquallStrife wrote:
sliderider wrote:

Got it added to my Steam account. I wonder what provoked the sudden generosity from THQ?

Desperation, falling share price. THQ has been closing offices and laying people off pretty steadily over the least 2-3 years.

After their Humble Bundle campaign the price picked up pretty sharply though, so they're continuing the "gratis gaming" thing with this Metro 2033 offer.

Also, they're promoting the sequel aren't they?

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."—Arthur C. Clarke
"No way. Installing the drivers on these things always gives me a headache."—Guybrush Threepwood (on cutting-edge voodoo technology)

Reply 8 of 9, by memsys

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
archsan wrote:
BigBodZod wrote:

I already own this game and would not sink to using a fake account to get onto FB to begin with.

I can live without freebees like this if it means having to LIKE something Sticking Tongue Out

In all fairness... everyone knows those silly buttons don't mean anything. My eyes recently flashed on an article about the non-effectivity of such social campaigns..

When you don't have a lot of money and there is no way of trying the game (due to lack of demo's ) even €10 is quite a bit of money when you don't like it.
As for "like" buttons they are pretty darn useless (i bet there is a huge group of people out there that hit "like" in an OCD like manor).

Reply 9 of 9, by archsan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well, THQ filed for bankruptcy...
http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/articles/122/1226988p1.html

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."—Arthur C. Clarke
"No way. Installing the drivers on these things always gives me a headache."—Guybrush Threepwood (on cutting-edge voodoo technology)