VOGONS

First post, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBm_qK5jvPI

The Soundtrack of DOOM (GOG.com version) recorded from a Roland SC-55 Sound Canvas.

Each song is played for roughly 5 minutes, apart from the two songs at the end when completing the game.

The PC used is a Pentium 100 MHz with a Roland MPU401AT Midi Interface.

Sound Card for recording: Creative X-Fi Titanium HD

The video features some Gameplay, although I haven't played this game for a very long time, so sometimes I get "stuck". I used cheats to move from level to level and get weapons so that I wouldn't die right away.

The video was captured through S-Video out on a Nvidia Geforce MX 440.

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 1 of 3, by d1stortion

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Normally the cheap "dentist's drill" guitar of the SC-55 really sucks but in those game soundtracks they managed to make it sound quite nicely. And a lot of the samples still hold up well despite their age, for example the contrabass on E1M5 😀

Also nice how the music just keeps flowing with MIDI, no interfering track restarts like with redbook...

Reply 2 of 3, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The drum samples on this thing are especially good. Don't think I've heard better ride cymbals from other synths of that era... now do another one for Doom 2 :)

[ WEB ] - [ BLOG ] - [ TUBE ] - [ CODE ]

Reply 3 of 3, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
VileRancour wrote:

The drum samples on this thing are especially good. Don't think I've heard better ride cymbals from other synths of that era... now do another one for Doom 2 😀

I might in a couple of weeks time (short holiday)!

But for this weekend that's it 😵

The video file turned out massive because of the gaming footage (lots of movement). Took Even after using handbrake the file was 4GB to be upladed to YT. Took like 12 hours at least...

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel