VOGONS

First post, by Alegend45

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi. I've been working for about 6 months now on a new PC emulator. This new PC emulator does not use plugins, however, it is designed to be able to handle nearly any device or bus in the future. So far, I have a VERY slightly buggy 8086 emulation with 16 new reverse-engineered opcodes in place (Thanks reenigne!), MDA and CGA emulation, incomplete DMA, PIT, PIC, and PPI emulation, and, most importantly, no interrupt hooks. You have to supply it a BIOS, and an MDA character ROM, and there is a couple included config files for you. Remember, this doesn't quite boot the BIOS just yet. I'm still trying to get it to that point, and I'm making good progress.

Here's the source code

Reply 4 of 5, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'm sure you will have more takers once the thing can boot, and binaries are available. Don't take my comment the wrong way - when it comes to 5150/8088 emulation, the more the merrier, as far as I'm concerned. It's just that at this stage most people are going to find its usefulness to be limited.

[ WEB ] - [ BLOG ] - [ TUBE ] - [ CODE ]

Reply 5 of 5, by Anonymous Freak

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I second Vile's comment. I'm not a programmer, so the source code for something that doesn't reach a "minimally usefully functional" state doesn't do anything for me. I have no problem compiling my programs, but I won't be of any use debugging them.