Beta Testers?

Topic actions

Reply 41 of 42, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Thanks alot, No need to apologize 😀
Just thought that a new version-number will come in handy, to make sure that the different systems use your latest.

--> ISA Soundcard Overview // Doom MBF 2.04 // SetMul

Reply 42 of 42, by FeedingDragon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well.... I had intended to change it once I got the last couple of bugs worked out. But it took me so long to figure out how to fix it that I just forgot I hadn't already done so. It didn't help much that I'm still a little upset over a couple of the things said about me programming for older OSes 🙁 Microsoft's attitude could also use a little help IMHO. When I think about the money they've cost me in their crusade to force everyone to use their latest piece of cr... um... releases, I still get a little warm under the collar.

**sigh** Don't worry, I'm not getting back on "that" particular soap box for a while.

No matter how much I need projects to keep me busy with my health problems, I think I just "may" have too many going on at the same time right now. I have 4 TB of drive space, and I've got so much going on, that I'm almost out of storage space 🙁 I really need to start finishing some of these off I guess.

I do have my "vintage" system up and running smoothly, at last 😀 Though I did face a bit of upset over the AWE32 card the other day. I thought I had a bad card, as it wasn't reading the RAM I had installed. Lucky for the card (and my peace of mind,) it turned out that the RAM was bad. It reads the 2 1M sticks just fine, so I just ordered 2 replacement 16M sticks and threw the bad ones away. I say "vintage" only in that I have DOS 6 w/ Windows 3.1 and Windows 98 (dual boot with Boot It NG,) installed. It's really a P3-800Mhz system. Not as old as what I would call a "real" vintage system 😀 I'm really glad now that I didn't give in to my first impulse and smash the card into little bitty pieces, and decided to dig out my old RAM sticks (and I'm glad I still had those,) and test them.

Feeding Dragon