VOGONS

First post, by bristlehog

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have ported TB Multisound Classic Audio Interface Library driver to Miles Sound System.

multisound_classic_sm.jpeg

In theory, that would allow this beautiful 4 Mb Proteus-based soundcard to be used in many DOS games. But currently I have no access to the card, so the driver is untested yet. If there are any owners, you're welcome to test. Only Multisound Classic card is supported, no Tahiti/Monterey/Pinnacle/Fiji cards.

Note two things:

1) TB Multisound must be initialized and MPP bank loaded prior to usage;
2) It doesn't use DMA, but SMA (Shared Memory Address) instead. By default, it's 0D000h. If your card is not at default settings, you have to set the driver up in SETSOUND.EXE. Instead of DMA, you have to provide your SMA converted to decimal value. If, for example, your card has its SMA set at 0B800h, you need to enter 47104 into DMA field, whatever weird it would seem at first.

Default settings of this driver are:

I/O: 290h
IRQ: 10
SMA: 0D000h

The driver (MULTISND.MDI) and preset loading utilities are attached. For list of Miles Sound System compatible games, look here.

Attachments

• Filename
    MSNDMDI.zip
    File size
    64.87 KiB
    Downloads
    136 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
Last edited by bristlehog on 2017-07-20, 15:04. Edited 2 times in total.

Hardware comparisons and game system requirements: https://technical.city

Reply 1 of 2, by easy_john

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Awesome.

Pentium2 450/256mb/4gb/ati rage 128+voodoo2/SB awe32 8mb+db50xg/GUS PnP 8mb/TB Tropez 2mb
486 DX2-66/32mb/8gb/tseng4000 2mb/SB 16+WB/GUS 1mb/LAPC-I
286 12mhz/4mb/512mb/Vga 1mb/SB 2.0+Covox
PegasosII G4 / Amiga 4000 / Amiga1200 / Amiga 600

Reply 2 of 2, by bristlehog

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It seems that this driver hangs the system. Perhaps I'll get into the cause of such behavior someday. In addition, both stock preset loading utility and stock MIDI AIL driver which I used to make its MDI twin, are bugged.
I'll leave Turtle Beach Multisound Classic and Tahiti/Monterey jumper settings here.

Taken from stason.org.

Attachments

• montereyjumpers.png
    Filename
    montereyjumpers.png
    File size
    9.12 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Hardware comparisons and game system requirements: https://technical.city