VOGONS

First post, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I thought that it might be easier to have one thread regarding Retro Games that are on sale instead of creating a new thread each time there is a hot sale!

The idea is to stick to really hot sales / discounts rather than new releases. Especially this time of the year it can get confusing with everyone offering sales, so the more people are on the lookout and share any bargains the better for our wallets 😀

Caught this one today:

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/32847/

7th Guest & 11th Hour Bundle for $1.49 with a 85% discount!

7th Guest uses ScummVM.

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 4 of 9, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

I am a bit torn on it.
You are giving the sellers free advertising, while also providing a "service" to community.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 5 of 9, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Qbix wrote:

I am a bit torn on it.
You are giving the sellers free advertising, while also providing a "service" to community.

Please don't be Qbix. I've only got the best of intentions.

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 6 of 9, by idspispopd

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Qbix wrote:

That's true for the ebay thread as well...
Also this thread should discourage pirating of old games which IMO is in the spirit of Vogons.

Reply 7 of 9, by Great Hierophant

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
philscomputerlab wrote:
Qbix wrote:

I am a bit torn on it.

Please don't be Qbix. I've only got the best of intentions.

I have no doubt about your intentions, but GoG's is misguided when they run anything through SCUMMVM instead of DOSBox.

http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/ - Nerdly Pleasures - My Retro Gaming, Computing & Tech Blog