VOGONS

HiRes/Widescreen Patch for Mech Warrior 3

Topic actions

Reply 60 of 75, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The "Force clipper" option is gone in the latest DxWnd version, but I have set Clipper to 'ON' in the DirectX(2) section. Hoping it is the same thing.

Attached the bit where I changed the width resolution of EOP's targetting modification. A005h is 1440 pixels there, it used to be 1024. Note that this section of EOP's modifications is no longer included in my patch version E, at all. So it does not apply to it.

Attachments

--> ISA Soundcard Overview // Doom MBF 2.04 // SetMul

Reply 61 of 75, by teleguy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Here's a reg file that disables the compatibility database that prevents alt tabbing out of the game.

If it has no effect rightclick on Mech3.exe, change any compatibility setting and click on OK. Then undo your changes and click on OK again.

Might in theory cause some instability.

Attachments

• Filename
    MW3nocompat.zip
    File size
    766 Bytes
    Downloads
    534 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
Last edited by teleguy on 2018-09-11, 17:46. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 62 of 75, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
teleguy wrote:

I asked AncientxFreako if he could resize the HUD like he did for the other resolutions since he owns the necessary mod tools but he's currently too busy with his other projects so I made some adjustments via hex editing.

Mech3-1440-1080c_2018_03_07_16_57_20_182.jpg

Windows 10 Fall Creators + dgVoodoo2 2.55 (OR NOT, the issue remains with Windows stock ddraw) + your patch + 1440x1080 added to Windows (but not forced in dgVoodoo2):

Untitled.jpg

Any idea? Other fullscreen resolutions work and 1440x1080 forced through dgVoodoo2 works !
In my system the "8" value for resolution is 1152x864, "9" is 1280x1024 and "A" (10) 1440x1080 (so I set A)

Reply 63 of 75, by teleguy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
lowenz wrote:
Windows 10 Fall Creators + dgVoodoo2 2.55 (OR NOT, the issue remains with Windows stock ddraw) + your patch + 1440x1080 added to […]
Show full quote
teleguy wrote:

I asked AncientxFreako if he could resize the HUD like he did for the other resolutions since he owns the necessary mod tools but he's currently too busy with his other projects so I made some adjustments via hex editing.

Mech3-1440-1080c_2018_03_07_16_57_20_182.jpg

Windows 10 Fall Creators + dgVoodoo2 2.55 (OR NOT, the issue remains with Windows stock ddraw) + your patch + 1440x1080 added to Windows (but not forced in dgVoodoo2):

Untitled.jpg

Any idea? Other fullscreen resolutions work and 1440x1080 forced through dgVoodoo2 works !
In my system the "8" value for resolution is 1152x864, "9" is 1280x1024 and "A" (10) 1440x1080 (so I set A)

With my patch it should be 8 not A IIRC

Reply 66 of 75, by AncientxFreako

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi guys, sorry I'm so late to this party! Nice to see all this work being done. I've back-tracked what's been done so far about 3 pages back but wouldn't mind a quick summary if someone feels up to it?

I'm putting together a discord "welcome page" that has a detailed list of what to do to get the game running with all downloads and mods and I'd like to be able to include whatever finished projects end up here.

Yes, I can definitely assist on the HUD.zrd in both games if someone is working on the same resolutions for Pirate's Moon that Teleguy did for 'Mech3. Also, I'd be interested to know if the possible expanding on EOP's triangle fix is going to be included. I guess that would be a lot of work huh? One for each resolution? Also, am I correct in assuming that you need to switch one of the resolutions in teleguy's patch with a different one? Or perhaps since I am now able to assist you can simply add it?

Actually, it'll be a little while before I can do any work in the Pirate's Moon hud.zrd as I'm getting a VB6 error when I boot that file in the utility. Not sure if I caused a corruption when I used it last or if the utility itself is deficient. I'm getting a new PC soon and will transfer everything over to it.

Reply 69 of 75, by teleguy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Night Thastus wrote:

So with that alt-tab fix, how are we supposed to use it? Do we use both of the registry files, or just one of them? If one, which one?

Thanks!

You use just the nocampat one. The other reverses the changes made by that file and restores the default Windows settings.

Reply 70 of 75, by AncientxFreako

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

teleguy, a question we had, and I know I asked you this when we worked on it but it was too long ago for me to remember, but does your resolution program patch the .exe when in use, or does it replace it?

Reply 73 of 75, by teleguy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
AncientxFreako wrote:

So does that mean the launcher redirects(using new registry) the game to the (hex edited) .exe stored in the launcher for the resolution information it needs?

No, the exe is located in plain form on the hard drive.