VOGONS

The Witcher 3

Topic actions

First post, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Was wondering who is going to play it and what country you are from?

Reply 4 of 21, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Only a few hours in but I give it 2 thumbs up. Geralt is a lot more likable in this one, and the open world is masterfully done.

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 6 of 21, by Blurredman

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I bought the second one, and after applying all the patches (including the 4:3 ratio patch) I was enjoying the Tutorial act. However as soon as I got into Act 1 the graphics/intensity was just too much for my PC and I haven't played it since. I've waited now since soon after the release to play it again, but I haven't yet got a new PC to do so.. 😊 😊

http://blurredmanswebsite.ddns.net/ 😊

Reply 7 of 21, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I've played slowly for about 3 hrs, still at the very beginning though... the game is very nice! People that like rpgs like Skyrim should really get this.

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 9 of 21, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

How does this game compare between PC and PS4? My PC meets the minimum requirements, but that usually isn't that great of an experience.

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 10 of 21, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

^ from what I read the ps4 version is a mix of medium detail with some settings/post processing on high . The game is a 30fps locked one on ps4 and patch 1.03 is coming to fix some frame pacing/stuttering issues. It looks really nice and plays solid, haven't detected an issue in gameplay yet. The cutscenes suffer a bit because of the aforementioned problems but who cares 🤣 , in-game it's fine.

I am sure on a beefy pc it will look better (not really a huge improvement with some comparisons I have seen) and have 60fps gameplay.

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 12 of 21, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
philscomputerlab wrote:

How does this game compare between PC and PS4? My PC meets the minimum requirements, but that usually isn't that great of an experience.

I'm hovering around the min requirements too but I'm doing medium / high settings and getting 60 frames no problem. I used nvidia's tweak guide to help choose all the million settings provided.

Reply 13 of 21, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
badmojo wrote:
philscomputerlab wrote:

I'm hovering around the min requirements too but I'm doing medium / high settings and getting 60 frames no problem. I used nvidia's tweak guide to help choose all the million settings provided.

You got a 960, right? I'm still on a 660 😒

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 15 of 21, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
philscomputerlab wrote:

You got a 960, right? I'm still on a 660 😒

Yes, 960 over here and loving it. I'm particularly impressed with how quiet it is.

Reply 17 of 21, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yeah the game is just awesome and HUGE. A lot of attention even to small quests.