VOGONS

Fallout 4

Topic actions

First post, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The countdown is over, months of speculation have been put to bed.

Bethesda has announced Fallout 4.

http://fallout.bethsoft.com/

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 6 of 29, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Unfortunately, without Obsidian working on it, it can never be as good as New Vegas, we can only hope that it will surpass Fallout 3.

Also, for the love of god, no more GameBryo. We have to move on at some point.

Reply 8 of 29, by laxdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I quite enjoyed Fallout 3. So I imagine I'll feel the same about 4. Unless, of course, they find a way to mess it up.

Trailer looked good. The graphics were not exactly wowing compared to other games of this gen. How crazy is that to say really? Compared to graphics of 5 years ago, they are amazing.

laxDRAGON.com | My Game Collection | My Computers | YouTube

Reply 9 of 29, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Fallout 3 was amazing. I loved it. having played 1 & 2, #3 felt like they took #1 and remade it for 2008. I've spent SO MANY HOURS on #3 it was ridiculous. I don't understand the hate #3 gets. I mean, it follows the formula #1 had like a lost puppy, but still did its own thing. I'm of the opinion, that most people have this hangup that fallout MUST be in the west coast area and MUST have the ncr. Don't get me wrong, I love NV as much as #3, but seriously, pardon my french but, FUCK THE DEAD MONEY DLC, seriously. Whoever was in charge of that pack should be knee-capped.

That said, I was doing this during the trailer: tumblr_inline_n6l2qnslCG1qafrh6.gif

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 10 of 29, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Mabye I'm just getting old but in no way could I consider that trailer good. Sure it was nice seeing some fallouty things but the trailer sucked. Withholding judgment on game until release but well we know what Bethesda games are like warts and all so......

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 11 of 29, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

F*ck hype. I'll buy this when it's discounted on Steam for five bucks with all the DLC and various inevitable bug-fixes included, assuming they don't bungle the whole thing and release something that no one likes. In the meantime I shall pretend to work through my enormous backlog.

Reply 12 of 29, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
laxdragon wrote:

I quite enjoyed Fallout 3. So I imagine I'll feel the same about 4. Unless, of course, they find a way to mess it up.

Trailer looked good. The graphics were not exactly wowing compared to other games of this gen. How crazy is that to say really? Compared to graphics of 5 years ago, they are amazing.

apparently its because of the youtubes compression

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW28LPdVFIY

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 13 of 29, by switchblade

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Meh. Not touching this until way after it's released. Remember that Hairworks controversy on AMD GPU's for Witcher 3? Something like that could easily happen to Fallout 4 when it's released. I'll pick it up when it's patched and stable long after it's release.

I did enjoy playing Fallout 3 many blue moons ago, but I couldn't shake off the feeling that it was just "Oblivion with guns".

Reply 14 of 29, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
switchblade wrote:

...but I couldn't shake off the feeling that it was just "Oblivion with guns".

Just?! Oblivion with guns = yay. Fallout 4 is welcome news - hopefully Beth will learn a thing or 2 from seeing how New Vegas was designed, but even if they just stick to the Fallout 3 formula then I'm a happy man.

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 15 of 29, by ODwilly

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

TBH I will most likely remain content with the game unless they decide to do what Ubisoft did with Mass Effect 3 and cave into the demands for multiplayer/live capabilities and screw up the game. The extended cut of ME3 made it bearable, but was to little to late for a pre-order Mass Effect junkie like myself 🙁

Main pc: Asus ROG 17. R9 5900HX, RTX 3070m, 16gb ddr4 3200, 1tb NVME.
Retro PC: Soyo P4S Dragon, 3gb ddr 266, 120gb Maxtor, Geforce Fx 5950 Ultra, SB Live! 5.1

Reply 17 of 29, by Procyon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
ODwilly wrote:

TBH I will most likely remain content with the game unless they decide to do what Ubisoft did with Mass Effect 3 and cave into the demands for multiplayer/live capabilities and screw up the game. The extended cut of ME3 made it bearable, but was to little to late for a pre-order Mass Effect junkie like myself 🙁

¿Que? You mean EA, right? 😀

Not like Ubisoft is much better by releasing AC: Unity in beta state. 😠

Reply 18 of 29, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
leileilol wrote:

I haven't started New Vegas because i can't stand how awful my Facegen face is.

Just shut your eyes and mash the keyboard until you get into first person mode - it's a cracker of a game.

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 19 of 29, by ODwilly

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Procyon wrote:
ODwilly wrote:

¿Que? You mean EA, right? 😀

Not like Ubisoft is much better by releasing AC: Unity in beta state. 😠

Oops sorry, I got mixed up. I have been pissed off at EA, Ubisoft and Bioware all at different times over the years.

Main pc: Asus ROG 17. R9 5900HX, RTX 3070m, 16gb ddr4 3200, 1tb NVME.
Retro PC: Soyo P4S Dragon, 3gb ddr 266, 120gb Maxtor, Geforce Fx 5950 Ultra, SB Live! 5.1