Quake2 + Acebot for DOSBox (128mb)

Topic actions

Reply 240 of 862, by Maraakate

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
leileilol wrote:

To be honest I haven't seen what it does to 1280x1024 (I lack a 5:4 monitor to tell anymore)... but should be fine for the rest of the 4:3's.

I'll test 1280x1024 shortly as I'm a nut who still uses 21" CRTs. I usually use 1600x1200 but if the font is too small I might drop down to 1280x1024. The funny thing is this particular monitor I'm using has a very weird, but awesome looking mode: 1856x1392. All modes work at 85hz, (anything under 1280x1024 can do 120hz and 640x480 and under can do 140hz which is pretty crazy).

Reply 242 of 862, by ggorts

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Attached a test patch to allow for a minimal q2dos build (USE_GAMESPY=USE_CURL=USE_OGG=0). Most of the lines in the file show code regions for potential placement of definition lines to make sure that gamespy/curl/ogg features do not interrupt the build process.

Also, included some line changes which should be verified. These are for the DXE_EXPORT_TABLE and the functions in questions are not in my list, but may be used by one of the expansion packs. However, I couldn't find dj_huge_val nor dj_stderr by a simple search of all directories, although they may be defined in a header file.

Attachments

• Filename
    build_minimal.diff
    File size
    3.93 KiB
    Downloads
    53 downloads
    File comment
    test patch for "minimal" q2dos build (v.4789fb1)
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 243 of 862, by Maraakate

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Please do not just blindly delete DXE_EXPORTs, source files and entire functions. It just means that there's a few ifdefs we forgot and the makefile needs slightly readjusted to not include them.

The two mystery DXE_EXPORTs are probably from DDay. But I can't remember specifically which ones. Each one was hand added so don't delete them.

Reply 244 of 862, by ggorts

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I agree. Those DXE_EXPORTs must be in one of the mods. I just ran a difference files against an older custom build and noted 3 exports which I didn't have, although the build was missing the expansion packs.

Reply 245 of 862, by ggorts

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Here is a post about single player Q2 levels: https://www.quaddicted.com/forum/viewtopic.ph … ?pid=1302#p1302. Many of them don't require a custom game dll file (typically win32), which is fortunate since I've yet to find one with accompanying source code. Some of these sites have a lot of files, but there is no central database of them all.

Reply 246 of 862, by ggorts

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

One way to error check inline assembly is to use the C prototype and run it through dosbox with debugger enabled, and output the cpu instructions.

I have some additional work that I'd like to post soon in the form of binaries.

Reply 248 of 862, by ggorts

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I attached just the source code without binaries for these modifications. It's acebot for the rogue expansion pack and a modified acebot specific to vanilla q2 deathmatch gameplay. The latter has ctf removed which is not as robust as the 3zb2 bot and is reported to have low compatibility with that mod.

Attachments

• Filename
    rogue_bots.7z
    File size
    273.12 KiB
    Downloads
    46 downloads
    File comment
    Rogue/Vanilla Bots
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 254 of 862, by ggorts

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

One issue was reported by sezero. The newer compiler (gcc4.8x?) produced an error in the software renderer while optimizing the code. Version 4.5x didn't show this error and the workaround also caused graphical disruption which was not further looked at.