VOGONS

Quake2 + Acebot for DOSBox (128mb)

Topic actions

Reply 808 of 862, by __ggorts

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Both these maps seem to have very high memory requirements and the error is one thing or another (as I try different parameters; such as the loadfile error above or insufficient heap size). Otherwise, the other map I tried worked fine.

Edit: I'll try the -mem 384. It would've taken me a while to try such a high value! I'll del the meshes.

Reply 809 of 862, by Maraakate

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Also busy areas are faster in 320x200 with the ASM compared to relying on a voodoo card for it. The locust map is about 20-25fps on average for me on that pentium 3 550.

The software renderer takes a lot of shortcuts so for stuff like this it actually helps in low res compared to a voodoo card.

Reply 810 of 862, by __ggorts

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Had page fault with dosbox mem=512 and quake -mem=384. Tried this with dosbox mem=512:
qdfitz -width 512 -height 384 -game rrp -mem 256 +map locust

And that started the map as you expected with the higher -mem. Thanks! I'll try the telefragged map next.

Edit: I will try the software renderer, too, for locust map.

Reply 811 of 862, by Maraakate

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

telefragged fails in fitzquake with a cache_alloc: allready allocated error and qdosfx wont allow it because of an sz_getspace overflow. i'll have to talk to sezero to find out why.

I just pushed a new build of qdos a few minutes ago at http://dk.toastednet.org/QDOS/QDOS_EXE_LATEST.7Z with the extended limits needed for the GL vertices for locust.bsp

Last edited by Maraakate on 2015-08-23, 06:55. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 812 of 862, by __ggorts

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have the cache_alloc:already allocated error, too, for telefragged map. I can try a couple of parameters, although they were probably tried before.

Edit: I just saw your msg; it must be something not bypassed by parameter.

Reply 814 of 862, by Maraakate

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah, I don't know specifically what it is. Newer QuakeSpasm must have some sort of support (or a bug fix) for the zone cacheing and maybe the network sequence is setup earlier than it is now.

Reply 815 of 862, by __ggorts

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I hope it's a simple change. I just tried the latest qdosfx with locust and show the allowoverflow set error, but I have to try qdos; qdfitz was fine with locust map.

Edit: qdos shows error with Mod_LoadBmodel: funny lump size in telefragged and locust.

Reply 818 of 862, by Maraakate

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I personally play it on easy most of these new mods are geared towards players who like exclusively play nightmare every day of their lives since 1996. 🤣.