VOGONS

Reply 20 of 43, by shiva2004

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
StrikerMan780 wrote:

And yeah, I know I have mental / personal / health issues to deal with, I'm trying to get through it though.

As I said, it's not a critic or anything: I was following your work on other forums and I was letting people here know why a soon to be release is unlikely.

Anyway, keep up the good work, I'd love to play an upgraded, windows native version of TV, but, above all, get better of your issues, the rest can wait (but not eternally 🤣).

Reply 22 of 43, by illuminerdi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Just FYI if you have the rights to sell this I will very happily pay good cash money for this on Steam with an OpenGL/Widescreen Supported/Enhanced renderer, etc.

Though free is also awesome, since I already own Terminal Velocity...

Reply 23 of 43, by nightfox

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi there

Is there any news on this project? If this was to be made open source, I'd love to take on the project of porting it to Nintendo Switch. I have almost finished porting the MS-DOS classic Ken's Labyrinth to Switch and would love to make this one of my next projects 😀

Reply 24 of 43, by StrikerMan780

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry, but I'm legally unable to share the source. I'm under NDA. (As much as I hate it.)

Anyhow, here's a few GIFs of the port running Hellbender. There's still a long ways to go, especially with sound, input, UI/Menus, and support for multiple games. I hope to get something really nice together one of these days, when I'm in better shape.

hshyDAQ.gifeQB0x7n.gifxhR4iRc.gif79rAUiq.gif

Reply 26 of 43, by sfried

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
StrikerMan780 wrote:
Sorry, but I'm legally unable to share the source. I'm under NDA. (As much as I hate it.) […]
Show full quote

Sorry, but I'm legally unable to share the source. I'm under NDA. (As much as I hate it.)

Anyhow, here's a few GIFs of the port running Hellbender. There's still a long ways to go, especially with sound, input, UI/Menus, and support for multiple games. I hope to get something really nice together one of these days, when I'm in better shape.

hshyDAQ.gifeQB0x7n.gifxhR4iRc.gif79rAUiq.gif

Does the NDA only partain to Hellbender? Or to the entire Terminal Velocity series as a whole?

I do have a legit copy of the Fury3 game (CD and all) installed, and would like to try out the OpenGL "wrapper" if possible.

(Although I'm starting to think this might be an GOG/Steam release thing. Great work so far!)

Reply 27 of 43, by StrikerMan780

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The whole series.

Also, this isn't some wrapper. This is a full-on port, with a new OpenGL 3.0 renderer.

Lastly, it won't be commercial. It'll be a free port, you'll need to provide your own POD files.

Reply 28 of 43, by Juris3D

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

@StrikerMan780 , hello! 😀 Nice to hear from you. Juris here. I did not know i have to check for news here, not just Duke4net forum 😀
Meanwhile, I am making my own SciFi Aerial Combat game, in Unreal Engine 😀
It would be probably wrong if I post link to some videos here?

Is childhood over??? Naah... Of course not 😀

Reply 29 of 43, by NeoVamp

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Looks absolutely beautiful, well done man!
Probably no chance of VR support? looks like they'd play well with that.

Pentium 1 - 233MHZ MMX / 96MB / Soundblaster AWE32 / MT-32 / SC-55 / SB-55
Diamond Stealth 64 / Diamond Monster 3D (4MB) / Dos 7.1 / 120GB IDE HDD

Reply 32 of 43, by Juris3D

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Guys, since it is kind of indirectly related, I will post links to my experiments in Unreal Engine, i am fulfilling my dream to make something like "Terminal Velocity", "Rogue Squadron 3D", "Crimson Skies". It is not yet in any releasable form, so far it is "i am learning UE4" project. I call it - "Rogue Velocity 3D" 😊 😎
Oh, and, btw, Mark Randel is aware of what I am doing 😀
Some of latest test videos:
https://youtu.be/3nsuQvzBmBg
https://youtu.be/DnbqcPyiMrA
My all channel (a lot of "work in progress" clips):
https://www.youtube.com/user/Latvian3Dman/videos
Let me know please, how it looks to you 😎
Also let me know if this is not appropriate to post, i will remove.

Attachments

Reply 33 of 43, by hard1k

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Wow, looks and feels very much like the original TV indeed! Cool!

P.S. Will it support S3d? 😁

Fortex, the A3D & XG/OPL3 accelerator (Vortex 2 + YMF744 combo sound card)
AWE64 Legacy
Please have a look at my wishlist (hosted on Amibay)

Reply 34 of 43, by Juris3D

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
hard1k wrote:

Wow, looks and feels very much like the original TV indeed! Cool!

P.S. Will it support S3d? 😁

Thank You! 😎 About S3D - i am afraid not, this will be native 3Dfx Glide only !! 🤣

Reply 36 of 43, by StrikerMan780

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Procyon wrote:

Wow amazing, now let's see if I can get a working copy of Hellbender from somewhere.
StrikerMan780, do you have any approximate information to when this port is going to be released?

Sorry, no estimate. I still have a lot to learn and some roadblocks to get around. Once I figure shit out, I'll update everyone. Another reason for it taking so long, are my obligations to other projects (currently working with Voidpoint).