VOGONS

Reply 21 of 40, by Scali

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
NewRisingSun wrote:

That actually sounds like a good idea, if the PS/1 Audio/Joystick card can be autodetected, that is.

Perhaps you can use the method suggested here? IBM PS/1 Audio Card.

http://scalibq.wordpress.com/just-keeping-it- … ro-programming/

Reply 22 of 40, by NewRisingSun

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have updated the patch again to support the PS/1 Audio/Joystick card, using the autodetection method described in Scali's link. It works under SVN Daum with "ps1audio=on", but I do not have a real PS/1 system on which to try it.

ZIP file

Reply 23 of 40, by Myloch

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

If only atari's 8bit version could be ported to pc, that's far superior. I guess I'll find an emulator 😀

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAs64xbFlys

"Gamer & collector for passion, I firmly believe in the preservation and the diffusion of old/rare software, against all personal egoisms"

Reply 25 of 40, by Myloch

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I sent a message to a guy who might test the thing on a real ps/1 system

"Gamer & collector for passion, I firmly believe in the preservation and the diffusion of old/rare software, against all personal egoisms"

Reply 26 of 40, by awgamer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Myloch wrote:

If only atari's 8bit version could be ported to pc, that's far superior. I guess I'll find an emulator 😀

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAs64xbFlys

Yep, the atari 8bit version is the best, most games until around 87/88 were better on other platforms.

Reply 27 of 40, by pleonard

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have a PS/1 with Audio Card but am away till the 30th... will try it then if nobody else has.

Off-topic, but related: how hard would it be to patch Sierra AGI games for the PS/1 Audio Card? There are existing patches to redirect the Tandy soundtrack in such games to an arbitrary MIDI or SoundBlaster device...

Reply 28 of 40, by NewRisingSun

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Not hard at all, provided it does not have to be done more than once or twice, say for AGI versions 2 and 3. This should be the case since interpreters are generally interchangable (once you either adjust the game name in the interpreter .EXE or patch out the check).

Reply 29 of 40, by breech

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry for the thread necro, I have this working in dosbox (my version is 6b65d8b3) the weird thing is:

In tandy mode I get brighter CGA colours with 3 voice music, but in In svga_s3 I get green/blue (PCjr?) colours and the sound is 1 voice, slow. It it possible to get the tandy pallete in dosbox?
And 3-voice seems to only be active for the intro music? Im not seeing any difference during gameplay.

I found a problem, Tandycat does not allow CTRL-9 to set the lives to 9 (the in game cheat code).
*For testing I recommend using hbreak 5.2 with ctrl-alt-c to break out of the game.

I've found several other versions that have different checksums, let me know if you need further info.
f07444e6
3a63364f
d86db9c0
e903fa66

Feature requests:
toggle colour modes if possible? PCjr/tandy/CGA/RGB
PC version sound slowdown to match tandy/atari/PC8801
beeper to midi in dosbox 😀

Reply 30 of 40, by Cyberdyne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Why i can not quit with control-y after i patch the game?

I am aroused about any X86 motherboard that has full functional ISA slot. I think i have problem. Not really into that original (Turbo) XT,286,386 and CGA/EGA stuff. So just a DOS nut.

Reply 31 of 40, by breech

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Cyberdyne wrote:

Why i can not quit with control-y after i patch the game?

If your version had that feature, like CTRL-9 it has been disabled by the modification.

find the dos app called hbreak 5.2 to quit using a hotkey. useful for other games also.

Reply 33 of 40, by Cyberdyne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hbreak, google.com does not give me any answers, please link...

Edit: Found it with some magic!

http://archive.li/35Lf4

I am aroused about any X86 motherboard that has full functional ISA slot. I think i have problem. Not really into that original (Turbo) XT,286,386 and CGA/EGA stuff. So just a DOS nut.

Reply 37 of 40, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Damiano wrote:
awgamer wrote:

Cool! Thanks for that.

+1. A very well-done enhancement!

[ WEB ] - [ BLOG ] - [ TUBE ] - [ CODE ]

Reply 39 of 40, by paburo-san666

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Tried to use this patch from GitHub on 86Box but nothing...
My virtual system either freeze or get this crash screen...
Just in case I'm trying to emulate a Tandy 1000 SL/2 at 8 MHz and with 768 KB of RAM
Can anybody lend me an already patched game or something please? Because I tried to patch it a bunch of times and honestly I don't know what to do 😒

Attachments