Rank
l33t++

Doom 4

Reply 5 of 7, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Good thing I got it for 29,99€. It started very promising but it became quite boring quite early. Also the single player campaign is very short. Too much stupid platforming for my taste. And too many narrow arenas. It's not a bad game though, but it isn't great either.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 6 of 7, by FaSMaN

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

For a modern shooter it was pretty darn good , but it doesnt hold a candle to its former self, Doom 2 was and still is Dooms peak.

The problem I had with it was the closed arena shooting got extremely long in the tooth midway trough the game, what made Doom 2 so great was the fact that if you ran into a room and the demons over powered you , you could run out, find some health and come back in guns blazing! I remember halfway trough I had to go back and play the older levels to get weapon unlocks cause the demon waves were getting too overpowered, lots of them are nothing more than bullet spunges.

I understand that they couldnt do it due to engine limitations, but it really would have made an amazing game.

Also the lack of proper death match killed it, why does all the fpses have to follow the COD formula these days?

Reply 7 of 7, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
DosFreak wrote:

Denuvo. Nope. Those Securom assholes can DIAF....to start with.

Well dunno if you guys follows the news but looks like I'll be able to buy and play Doom offline. hooray!

In other news rumor is that some Denuvo games are disabling offline usage. It's currently unknown if this is a bug or intentional.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline