VOGONS

Reply 660 of 1687, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi,
version 5.3 of FSMP is released. The test zips are no longer available.
http://falcosoft.hu/softwares.html#midiplayer

version 5.3

1. Added Folder.syx support. It works similar to Folder.sf2. If you put a Folder.syx file into a folder all the midi files in that folder will load the syx file before playing.
2. To support the Folder.syx feature a new option called 'Save SysEx data from Midi' can be found in the File menu of Event Viewer/Debugger. With the help of this you can save/extract the initialization SysEx data from midi files to a syx file that can be renamed and used as a Folder.syx file.
3. Added support for native WASAPI audio output on Windows Vista/7/8/10 (it applies to both Bassmidi and VSTi output modes). This setting is available in the Bass part of the Device Settings dialog. With WASAPI you can achieve lower latency output that can be useful if you use FSMP also as a real time soft synth.
4. Added 'Channels' compatibility option to support Microsoft specific channel layouts (explicit Basic/Extended/GM and auto mode). More info:
Falcosoft Soundfont Midi Player + Munt VSTi + BassMidi VSTi
5. Added fast loop option to Loop Settings dialog. If enabled FSMP does not send messages to assure correct controller, program etc. states at the loop start point so it is much faster but requires properly programmed loop points. It can be mostly useful in case of slower hardware.
6. Improved Event Viewer: filtered event count display, F3 to skip to next filtered event, display meta sequencer data, display GM program names.
7. Other minor fixes and enhancements.

Website, Facebook, Youtube
VST Midi Driver Midi Mapper

Reply 662 of 1687, by RetroGC

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi.
I'm trying to record Where in Space is Carmen Sandiego, MT-32 music.
I've extractred midi file from the game and i've 2 preset, i think one of 20 kb contains the sysex command necessary to play midi file correctly.
Now, when i try to load this midi, after i see on my mt-32 display carmen in spaaaace! everything crash.
this is the preset file, is it possible to see event inside event debugger.
Thank you for your help.
Aldo

Attachments

• Filename
    PRESET40_DEF_1.rar
    File size
    6.54 KiB
    Downloads
    110 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

My Videogames Music Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/c/RetroGamesClub

Reply 663 of 1687, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi,
I have already told you that I do not own MT-32 hardware so unfortunately cannot help much with issues like this.
The only thing I can do is to check the problem with Munt(Vsti) but you can also do this as a test since MuntVsti is integrated in FSMP's package.
This file seems to be a valid midi file with initialization SysEx messages for MT-32 and it works perfectly with Munt(Vsti). Although I can not test fully if it sounds 'right' since you missed attaching the real game midi files. I can only see it uploads custom instruments like Res Bass/MultEFX 1/SnareDelay etc. and I can play with the custom instruments by using the virtual piano.

Now, when i try to load this midi, after i see on my mt-32 display carmen in spaaaace! everything crash.

Please, be a little bit more specific. What does 'everything crash' mean? I highly doubt FSMP itself crashes with this midi file at least I could not reproduce it with FSMP+Munt(Vsti). Do you mean your MT-32 crashes?

Reply 664 of 1687, by RetroGC

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

HI.
Now i'm outside, I can not provide midi file,
Falcon Soft Midi Player crashed when trying to send that file to mt-32 i think. (Only with that file, with other, works perfectly). This evening I'll upload midi file too.
Aldo

Reply 665 of 1687, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

OK, please send me/upload the file that crashed the player. If it's the one the you have already uploaded, test the file also with Munt and/or MuntVsti as output to check there is any difference on your side with different outputs. As I have written the file you have uploaded works for me with FSMP + MuntVsti/external Munt.
@Edit:
What was the exact error message you got when 'everything crashed' ?

Reply 666 of 1687, by RetroGC

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

HI.
Sorry for the delay.
Those are carmen san diego Midi File, i've extracted from the game. The preset was the file I've already uploaded.
P.S.: I don't know is all those xmi are for mt-32...
Aldo

P.S.: I've not an error code: simply midi player not respondind error... And after the software crash, i've to restart my computer to have midiout of DosBox working.
P.P.S: The Emulator Works fine

Attachments

Reply 667 of 1687, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi,
I cannot reproduce the issue and as you have written the problem does not occur on your side either with the emulator. So the most likely explanation is that not midi player itself but the midi out driver crashes. Since most midi drivers are in-process drivers most of the time a driver crash crashes the application also. And this also explains why you have to restart windows in order the driver to work again. Midi Player does the same/sends the same messages regardless of the selected midi out port. So for further testing my theory you should:
1. Select another different output in Midi Player e.g. MS/GS softsynth and send the sysex to it. (I know it will not be processed by the synth, but it will further confirm whether the problem is with the midi out port or not).
2. Try other player(s) with this problematic SysEx and your problematic port. E.g. Van Basco can also send custom reset SysEx messages. Setup->Midi->Reset mode->SysEx File.
3. Report back your results.

@Edit:
Also you can try increasing(/decreasing?) the maximum SysEx chunk size in Midi Player's Select/Send Custom SysEx dialog. Maybe your driver requires a special SysEx buffer alignment. Some USB drivers do.
http://www.midiox.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?bo … ;num=1206643557
http://www.midiox.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?bo … ;num=1235670742

Reply 668 of 1687, by RetroGC

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This evening i'll try some but usually I've the playback correct with about avery midi. This is the only file until now which cause the problems, and i've published more than 1000 remastered midi file on youtube until now.

This is the audio file 128 of Where in space is carmen sandiego, with munt (and preset) or with MT-32 from dosbox. I've to try to close dosbox after the game has loaded the preset (I can see the text on MT-32 display) and then to play the midi file with your midiplayer to check if playback is fine.

Aldo

Attachments

• Filename
    MUNT_MID00128.ogg
    File size
    4.02 MiB
    Downloads
    109 downloads
    File comment
    Playback with Munt.
    File license
  • Filename
    MT32_MID00128.ogg
    File size
    4.29 MiB
    Downloads
    109 downloads
    File comment
    Playback with real MT-32
    File license

Reply 669 of 1687, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yes, I can also play the files perfectly both in external Munt and MuntVsti. Here's the extracted syx file from the preset midi you attached.
You can rename it to a 'folder.syx' so all the files in your Space is Carmen Sandiego folder can use it. And this way you can play with different maximum SysEx chunk sizes and delays. Maybe you can find a sweet spot for your driver.

Filename
PRESET40_DEF_SYX.zip
File size
6.88 KiB
Downloads
121 downloads
File license

Reply 670 of 1687, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Lee Jackson’s GrabbagOriginalVer_GS1.mid with SC-88 Pro+ insertion effects on SC-VA.
https://youtu.be/by4xdMoBa_c
Further info:
Heads Up: Roland Sound Canvas VA VSTi Plugin!
Midi download:
http://falcosoft.hu/grabbag_sc88pro_falcomod.zip

Reply 671 of 1687, by t9999clint

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm still having some issues with stuttering when I use my SFOGG soundfont, I've noticed however that using a normal SF2PACK (FLAC encoded) format works without issue.
This seems to affect mostly instruments with many samples used in them (50mb+). I'm guessing this is a bug in the BassMidi side of the code, but I figured I'd let you know what I found.

Quick question though... is there any reason why you don't include the bassflac and basswv dll files? Is it licensing, or is there some other issue?

My Youtube Channel: https://www.kor.ninja/
My Soundfont Project: K.O.R. Soundfont Project V.5.0
My Soundcloud Page: https://soundcloud.com/clint-theriault

Reply 672 of 1687, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
t9999clint wrote:

Quick question though... is there any reason why you don't include the bassflac and basswv dll files? Is it licensing, or is there some other issue?

To be honest I'm trying to avoid including external binaries in FSMP's package as far as possible. It's because of overly paranoid AV engines. Sometimes I have to modify code, compression etc. just to avoid false positive reports. But unfortunately I cannot do this with the different Bass related libraries. The last time Download.com deleted FSMP 5.3 because of an updated bass library. I only include Bass.dll and Bassmidi.dll since they are necessary for core functionality. If someone needs not so common compression formats the support libraries can be downloaded from Un4seen.com.
https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/03507e3fb3b … 1dcdb/detection
https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/421f60ab1e9 … 2d4d0/detection

It's not an issue of Bass libraries but AV engines/vendors:
http://blog.nirsoft.net/2009/05/17/antivirus- … all-developers/

Reply 673 of 1687, by t9999clint

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

That's a pretty good reason. I've forgotten how much of a pain AV programs can be. I've stopped using AV years ago because of this, also because they don't provide any real protection anyway.

After further testing I was able to find some midi files that did this to sf2pack formatted files as well, so It's not just a ogg compression issue. I'm really pushing the limits here with my 2gb monstrosity of a soundfont.

My Youtube Channel: https://www.kor.ninja/
My Soundfont Project: K.O.R. Soundfont Project V.5.0
My Soundcloud Page: https://soundcloud.com/clint-theriault

Reply 674 of 1687, by corentin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thank you for your player. I use it with real hardware only. Sounds good so far. (i use foobar2000 for everything not midi related)
Have you considered adding a file explorer panel ? To help browse our collection. It would serve as a "kinda" media library.

Reply 675 of 1687, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
corentin wrote:

Thank you for your player. I use it with real hardware only. Sounds good so far. (i use foobar2000 for everything not midi related)
Have you considered adding a file explorer panel ? To help browse our collection. It would serve as a "kinda" media library.

Hi,
Currently no, since I don't feel the need. I think it would be quite redundant considering the currently available drag&drop capable playlist (which content also can be saved) and file select dialog. Also it would require a lot of work to replicate all the functionality that the native Windows file dialogs already know.

Reply 676 of 1687, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Important info for users who use Sound Blaster Audigy or X-Fi series cards on 64-bit Windows systems with 64-bit FSMP and want to use the HW synth of the card.

Earlier users reported that 64-bit version of FSMP does not show available Soundfont Device in device settings dialog even when an Audigy/X-Fi card is installed. Since I ported my Soundfont manager handling routines to 64-bit blindly I supposed I made an error somewhere. But finally I had the opportunity to test FSMP on 64-bit Windows 10 with Audigy/X-Fi cards. It seems both Creative and Daniel-K drivers misses installing the 64-bit version of Soundfont manager on 64-bit windows. It's not obvious since practically no 64-bit application would like to use 64-bit sfman32.dll (Creative's utilities are 32-bit even on 64-bit Windows). 64-bit FSMP seems to be the only exception 😀. But the necessary files can be found in the driver pack. E.g. in Daniel-K's Audigy support pack they are in
..\Audio\Drivers\vista\common\amd64
So you should copy sfman32.dll and sfms32.dll from the amd64 directory to C:\Windows\System32 (notice: not to SysWOW64 since these files are the 64-bit ones!) and register sfms32.dll by running in cmd: 'regsvr32 sfms32.dll' .
After copying/registering 64-bit soundfont manager 64-bit FSMP shows the HW soundfont device of your SB card in device settings and works perfectly (can load soundfonts real-time, display the soundfont preset names etc.)

Reply 677 of 1687, by brad86

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I keep having an issue at random with Sound Canvas VA not sounding correct.

For instance, if I play Eduke32 with the extended Grabbbag some sections will be quieter, or like instruments are being ignored or sounding off.

E1M1 in Doom will also play the aaaaahhhh part with a weird echo while everything else sounding okay.

I have set MIdiPlayer up to what I though was correct.

Would you mind checking out my settings so I can try and correct this. Thanks.

EDIT: Happening with S-YXG50 VST too.

Attachments

• Filename
    MidiPlayer.ini
    File size
    7.56 KiB
    Downloads
    100 downloads
    File license

Reply 678 of 1687, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi,
I do not see any particular problem regarding your ini file. I only see you use the Loudmax plugin. As I said earlier it can cause volume level related issues.
Have you tried playing without Loudmax?
In Doom's E1M1 midi I do not remember an 'aaaaahhhh part'. I think you refer to a sound effect but then it is completely unrelated to midi/SC-VA.
I do not know what you mean by 'extended grabbag' but some Eduke32 versions send Bank MSB 28 in some songs that is not defined on SC-55. Although enabled 'Capital tone fallback' should correct this.
You can try to set the reset type to GM and send this GM reset to SC-VA before playing. This should also correct unknown Banks/Capital tone related problems. You can also try SAVIHost for testing. So you can see if your problem is host or SC-VA related.
The best would be if you could make a video/recording about your issue (without Loudmax plugin loaded...). By hearing some recordings it would be much easier to find out what your problem exactly is.

Reply 679 of 1687, by RetroGC

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

HI,
I would like to ask if could be possible to insert an upgrade to your software.
I'm writing this because I've bought a midi patch with 8 port, so now I can choose from 8 port where i want to output the midi file. What I would really like to do is to assign multiple output (one output for each channel so that i can have 16 different output (and i can decide if I want to use 2 channel try to use 2 synth simoultaunesly or even more). In this way I could be able to use several synth (without program each synth... btw some synth has not great feature to mute some channel).
As my english is not so great i tryed to make a design...
Thank you for your help.
Aldo

Attachments

• request.jpg
    Filename
    request.jpg
    File size
    57.69 KiB
    Views
    File license