VOGONS

Reply 520 of 1675, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yes, and it's intentional. Force manual mode also resets every time a new midi file is loaded. As I said before FSMP is first and foremost a player and not resetting it can be problematic. A forced state that may help in one case is almost sure can cause playback problems with another midi. I know you want to use FSMP purely as a router so I think I will add later some kind of compromise solution.

Website, Facebook, Youtube
Falcosoft Soundfont Midi Player + Munt VSTi + BassMidi VSTi
VST Midi Driver Midi Mapper

Reply 521 of 1675, by lukeman3000

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Falcosoft wrote:

Yes, and it's intentional. Force manual mode also resets every time a new midi file is loaded. As I said before FSMP is first and foremost a player and not resetting it can be problematic. A forced state that may help in one case is almost sure can cause playback problems with another midi. I know you want to use FSMP purely as a router so I think I will add later some kind of compromise solution.

I see. That is good to hear! In between games I do close/reopen FSMP, if that counts as a reset. Actually, I have batch files that do this for me, so it's all automated.

Reply 522 of 1675, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

OK, I have added your requested feature. It only works with an empty playlist. So if you do not use midi files (your playlist is empty) selected 'manual mode' overrides are preserved and reloaded at startup.
Download location is the same. The file version is 4.9.0.8.

Reply 523 of 1675, by lukeman3000

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Falcosoft wrote:

OK, I have added your requested feature. It only works with an empty playlist. So if you do not use midi files (your playlist is empty) selected 'manual mode' overrides are preserved and reloaded at startup.
Download location is the same. The file version is 4.9.0.8.

Thanks! It's working great.

Here's a video I made to show how it launches in minimized state along with the game, and also how my autohotkey script closes it automatically once scummvm is closed. I only restored the Midi Player window to demonstrate how force manual mode settings are now retained.

One thing I have noticed is that upon opening midiplayer.exe directly (without applying a preset), it seems to remember whatever the last preset was. Would it be possible or advantageous to be able to specify a preset that midiplayer will default to when starting midiplayer without otherwise specifying a preset?

Reply 524 of 1675, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

FSMP actually does not remember the last loaded preset. Instead FSMP always saves its last full state at closing. Actually this behavior is independent from presets and worked this way even before preset system was introduced. In this regard there is no difference between configuration loaded by a preset or a configuration that is set manually. I think this behavior is good and logical. I don't think it would be advantageous if FSMP would start with a 'default preset' instead of the last state. In its main usage scenario (that is using it as a player) it would be cumbersome that you always have to save changes manually to this 'deafult preset' otherwise FSMP would forget that you have added 2 songs to the playlist or you have changed the output to Munt etc.

Reply 525 of 1675, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I'm using this player on Win98SE atm to record midis to WAV, but here is one really annoying issue for me: There is no way to add multiple MIDIs to a playlist, hit record and let it record them all to their own files - currently file mode works on a per song basis and the session mode records everything into a single WAV. Development in this area would be GREAT..

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 526 of 1675, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi,

I'm using this player on Win98SE atm to record midis to WAV, but here is one really annoying issue for me

OK, let's try to ease your pain 😀
I have added 'Batch File Mode' to record mode options. Consecutive files from the playlist are saved to the same folder with the same format you have selected in the dialog for the first file. File names will be the same as the original file but with wav/mp3 extension.
Also added a workaround for old half-duplex soundcards that have problems using standard win32 midi port soft synths because of allocated recording sources by FSMP. Now you can press 'Del' in Device settings dialog on the Recording Source input field to not use any.

http://falcosoft.hu/midiplayer_50_test.zip

Reply 528 of 1675, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Another interesting video from Phil featuring FSMP:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ759oY5EKg

Reply 529 of 1675, by lukeman3000

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Falcosoft wrote:

Another interesting video from Phil featuring FSMP:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ759oY5EKg

That is interesting. I noticed that he kept the sample rate at 44100 for Munt VSTi (and possibly for SCVA as well) - does he not want to set sample rate of Munt VSTi to 32000 and SCVA to 48000?

Also, does capital tone fallback mean that these patches are unnecessary?

Reply 530 of 1675, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

does he not want to set sample rate of Munt VSTi to 32000 and SCVA to 48000?

Not everyone is a perfectionist. But I think Phil simply forgot it since in his earlier video he mentioned it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSk9S1bkRS8&t=10m30s

CTF only affects problems listed in that topic as [BANK CTF] and [DRUM CTF].

Reply 531 of 1675, by lukeman3000

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Falcosoft wrote:

Not everyone is a perfectionist. But I think Phil simply forgot it since in his earlier video he mentioned it:

I don't think I have seen this one; I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't using the wrong settings. Thanks for clarifying.

Reply 532 of 1675, by KainXVIII

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Falcosoft wrote:
Not everyone is a perfectionist. But I think Phil simply forgot it since in his earlier video he mentioned it: https://www.youtu […]
Show full quote

CTF only affects problems listed in that topic as [BANK CTF] and [DRUM CTF].

So with FSMP capital tone fallback fix i don't need these patches in ideal situation?

Reply 533 of 1675, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I don't know what you mean by 'ideal situation' but FSMP definitely can fix some of these issues, but not all.

Quote from the topic with my comments

These hacks improve playback on modern MIDI hardware. Fixes random issues like: - device resets -> FSMP can send any kind of re […]
Show full quote

These hacks improve playback on modern MIDI hardware. Fixes random issues like:
- device resets -> FSMP can send any kind of resets, so missing resets can be cured.
- wrong controller values -> FSMP can fix/override wrong controller values.
- bad instruments -> FSMP can do CTF.
- faulty drivers -> Needs fix since FSMP cannot do anything with wrong drivers.
- limited channel range -> Needs fix.
- unused features -> Needs fix.

Reply 535 of 1675, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce your issue ( and seemingly no one else since this kind of fundamental problem would result in more bug reports).
So more info needed:
What is the exact problem you have experienced? Any error messages? From what path have you tried to load the ROM files? What version/operating system you use? Etc...
The only thing I can imagine is that you want to load the ROM files from a too long path (longer than 260 characters) or in case of the 32 bit version from a path that contains unicode characters ( the 32 bit version is ANSI only for Win9x compatibility).
The best thing would be if you could make a video about your problem.

Reply 536 of 1675, by vtheofilis

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I use Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, and tried both versions (64 bit and 32 bit) of MidiPlayer.

OPL3VSTi works, but when I load the MT-32 ROMs for MuntVSTi as in the following image

ghvQSFP.png

I get the following message

9HOy6R2.png

Reply 538 of 1675, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yes, it's definitely a unicode/code page problem. You should put the ROM files into a folder that does not include Greek characters (e.g. C:\ROMS\) and load them from it. I will investigate the problem later.

Edit:
The problem is not in the plugin but in the Munt library. More precisely it is a Visual C++ issue:
https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/wind … forum=vcgeneral

Reply 539 of 1675, by Roland User

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

vtheofilis
What will be, if instead easy write in lines Control ROM and Current PCM path , to write easy PCM.ROM and Control.ROM and paste renamed fles to folder ? So wll be work ?

Attachments

• munt.png
    Filename
    munt.png
    File size
    14.59 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    As this example )
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception