Reply 1460 of 1699, by basic

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Falcosoft wrote on 2023-05-14, 12:44:

@Basic:
"/traysilent" parameter has been added.

Many thanks!
I downloaded new test version and tested two MidiPlayers with '/traysilent' option.
These work very well!

Reply 1462 of 1699, by RetroGC

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

HI,

sorry for bothering again. Today I was trying to change on the fly some sounds, setting MSB / LSB / Program while reproducing a MIDI, but I'm only having Program to change while MSB / LSB are not taken into consideration. I remember this features was working... what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you.

Aldo

My Videogames Music Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/c/RetroGamesClub

Reply 1463 of 1699, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
RetroGC wrote on 2023-05-27, 06:07:
HI, […]
Show full quote

HI,

sorry for bothering again. Today I was trying to change on the fly some sounds, setting MSB / LSB / Program while reproducing a MIDI, but I'm only having Program to change while MSB / LSB are not taken into consideration. I remember this features was working... what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you.

Aldo

I have just re-checked and nothing has changed in this regard.
1. If you are using Bassmidi/Roland/Yamaha synths then make sure that reset type is NOT set to GM (but GS or XG accordingly). If GM reset is sent then most synths ignore bank select messages.
2. Also make sure that the actual Midi file iteself does NOT contain GM Reset (Mode column does not contain upper case "GM"). If it does then the above written rule applies so make sure to de-select Main menu -> SysEx Options -> Enable SysEx in Files.
3. Enabled CTF (Main menu -> Instruments -> Use Patch Info for Capital Tone Fallback) can also prohibit bank select messages if the selected Bank + Program combination would result in invalid preset/patch according to the selected instrument definition file.

Website, Facebook, Youtube
Falcosoft Soundfont Midi Player + Munt VSTi + BassMidi VSTi
VST Midi Driver Midi Mapper

Reply 1464 of 1699, by RetroGC

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thank you. I'm going to check, for sure I was enabling sysex; concerning GM2/GS I've to say roland synth sound really different...
Just another question: since I'm listening to Everquest OST with soundfont too, I?m setted Awe32 1mgm as default soundfont, and another soundfont, synthusr.sf2 as the first additional soundfont. (I've checked use bank lsf) and I've setted this additional soundfont to bank 0. IN this case the additional soundfoun should override the original where instruments are available, right?
Thank you.
Aldo

Reply 1465 of 1699, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
RetroGC wrote on 2023-05-28, 06:29:
... Just another question: since I'm listening to Everquest OST with soundfont too, I?m setted Awe32 1mgm as default soundfont, […]
Show full quote

Just another question: since I'm listening to Everquest OST with soundfont too, I?m setted Awe32 1mgm as default soundfont, and another soundfont, synthusr.sf2 as the first additional soundfont. (I've checked use bank lsf) and I've setted this additional soundfont to bank 0. IN this case the additional soundfoun should override the original where instruments are available, right?
Thank you.
Aldo

No, it does just the opposite. If you want to override presets in the same position you should NOT enable 'Use Bank LSB'.
As the hint suggests 'Use Bank LSB' is for full GM/GS soundfonts so that you can use them the same way as different maps (SC-55 map, SC-88 map etc.) on Roland devices. This way the different maps/full soundfonts do not interact with each other and do not override each other's variation tones (that are available at different Bank MSBs). The different full soundfonts will be available at different Bank LSB values so their respective variation tones will be available at different Bank MSB values without overriding.
If you do NOT enable 'Use Bank LSB' then everything works just like in the case of SoundBlaster's Soundfont Manager. As you might know SB Hardware/ Sounfont Manager and SF2 soundfonts themselves do not use Bank LSB values at all. This means that later soundfonts can override the presets of the earlier soundfonts at the same Bank MSB positions.
Notice that in both cases variation tones are available at different Bank MSB values. The diffrenece is that when 'Use Bank LSB' is NOT selected then you have only 1 Bank (MSB) dimension and all soundfonts fight for the same Banks. When the 'Use Bank LSB' option is selected then all soundfonts that are positioned at different Bank LSB values have their own independent Bank MSB domain.
I hope I could make the meaning of this option clear.

@Edit: I have just noticed that you selected 'Bank 0' for the additional soundfont. In this case the same thing happens regardless 'Use Bank LSB' is selected or not (that is all instruments are overridden at the same program positions since the main soundfont is at Bank MSB 0, Bank LSB 0).
The above written differences hold when you use any bank numbers except 0.

Reply 1466 of 1699, by RetroGC

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

HI,
I'm here again, I would like to ask if you cold do a little add-on inside log viewer windows...
As I'm going crazy to manually set loop start loop end manually each time... trying to figure out where I've to set midi loop if available... maybe you can add inside log viewer window 2 button: set loop start / set loop end? This will really improve my attempt to find right loop point inside midi and xmi...
Thank you for your support.
Aldo

Reply 1467 of 1699, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
RetroGC wrote on 2023-07-02, 09:13:
HI, I'm here again, I would like to ask if you cold do a little add-on inside log viewer windows... As I'm going crazy to manua […]
Show full quote

HI,
I'm here again, I would like to ask if you cold do a little add-on inside log viewer windows...
As I'm going crazy to manually set loop start loop end manually each time... trying to figure out where I've to set midi loop if available... maybe you can add inside log viewer window 2 button: set loop start / set loop end? This will really improve my attempt to find right loop point inside midi and xmi...
Thank you for your support.
Aldo

Hi,
There are many kind of Loop Start/Loop End variations. I do not think this could be solved with 2 buttons.

Reply 1469 of 1699, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
RetroGC wrote on 2023-07-02, 11:04:

Hi, I mean the ones you teached to me previous in this thread.
it was page 50!!
Aldo

Hi,
Since there is no place for dedicated buttons I have added 2 new items to the Main menu -> Actions part of the Event Viever debugger form. There are also shorcuts defined for them (Insert Loop Start -> Ctrl+L , Insert Loop End -> Ctrl+Alt+L).
https://falcosoft.hu/midiplayer_62_test.zip

Reply 1470 of 1699, by RetroGC

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thank you, I'm going to try.
P.S.: is it possible to export a single track as a midi instead of the entire midi from the log view windows?
Aldo

P.P.S: I'm going crazy with everquest soundtrack. This is an original XMI from the game... about at minute six it start to sound wrong.... is this a defect of the XMI?

Attachments

• Filename
    airplane.rar
    File size
    41.43 KiB
    Downloads
    40 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1471 of 1699, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
RetroGC wrote on 2023-07-05, 10:23:
Thank you, I'm going to try. P.S.: is it possible to export a single track as a midi instead of the entire midi from the log vi […]
Show full quote

Thank you, I'm going to try.
P.S.: is it possible to export a single track as a midi instead of the entire midi from the log view windows?
Aldo

P.P.S: I'm going crazy with everquest soundtrack. This is an original XMI from the game... about at minute six it start to sound wrong.... is this a defect of the XMI?

No. You need a sequencer to manipulate Midi tracks.
Also be aware that in case of multi-track (type 1) Midi files 1st track contains the most important meta data such as tempo, time signiture etc. So in case of multi-track Midi files in 99% of the cases it's not enough to export a single track with musical data. You also need the first track's meta data for proper playback.

Multi-track XMI files (type 2) are a little different. In case of these files each track represents a full independent song. Midi Player's export turns these files into more conventional Type 1 multi-track files so the above written still holds.

Last edited by Falcosoft on 2023-07-05, 13:32. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 1472 of 1699, by RetroGC

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

And, if you could check this: is this XMI damaged, as about at 5:40 second becasue of sustain i think it's playing wrong?
Thank you for your help.
Aldo

P.S.: thanks for the loop add on: works great.

Reply 1473 of 1699, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
RetroGC wrote on 2023-07-05, 13:10:
And, if you could check this: is this XMI damaged, as about at 5:40 second becasue of sustain i think it's playing wrong? Thank […]
Show full quote

And, if you could check this: is this XMI damaged, as about at 5:40 second becasue of sustain i think it's playing wrong?
Thank you for your help.
Aldo

P.S.: thanks for the loop add on: works great.

Yep, the problem is track 3 forgets to turn off sustain on channel 11 at the end of the track. Here is a fixed version:

Filename
airplane_fixed.zip
File size
58.16 KiB
Downloads
46 downloads
File license
Public domain

Reply 1475 of 1699, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
lukeman3000 wrote on 2023-07-11, 00:03:

Hey man! Are you still developing FSMP? Or is it considered finished at this point?

No, it's not finished. As you can see even on the first page or some posts above you can already download the 6.2 development/test version. New final release is on the way.

Reply 1476 of 1699, by lukeman3000

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Falcosoft wrote on 2023-07-11, 02:45:

Hey man! Are you still developing FSMP? Or is it considered finished at this point?

No, it's not finished. As you can see even on the first page or some posts above you can already download the 6.2 development/test version. New final release is on the way.

That's great! Is there any kind of ETA on the new final release? Glad to see that you're still working on it after all these years.

Reply 1477 of 1699, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
lukeman3000 wrote on 2023-07-11, 05:42:
Falcosoft wrote on 2023-07-11, 02:45:

That's great! Is there any kind of ETA on the new final release? Glad to see that you're still working on it after all these years.

Sorry, I cannot tell the exact release date.
Recently I have taken over the development of the abandoned VST Midi driver and this consumes most of my free time 😀
https://github.com/Falcosoft/vstdriver/releases

Vogons thread:
Re: VST Midi Driver Midi Mapper

Reply 1478 of 1699, by basic

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I found other issue about a 32ch MIDI file, '26orchst.mid' from SC-8820 demo files.
This doesn't work 32ch with current version of FSMP.
But I found this midi works 32ch correctly with an another MIDI player supports 2-port, It's Miyap2002.
This player supports RCP/R36/G18/G36 with GSD/CM6, RCP/R36/G18/G36 is another MIDI format those was created with PC-98.

I hope FSMP can detect 26orchst.mid to 32ch mode, and similar types too.

Attachments

Reply 1479 of 1699, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
basic wrote on 2023-07-23, 14:25:
I found other issue about a 32ch MIDI file, '26orchst.mid' from SC-8820 demo files. This doesn't work 32ch with current version […]
Show full quote

I found other issue about a 32ch MIDI file, '26orchst.mid' from SC-8820 demo files.
This doesn't work 32ch with current version of FSMP.
But I found this midi works 32ch correctly with an another MIDI player supports 2-port, It's Miyap2002.
This player supports RCP/R36/G18/G36 with GSD/CM6, RCP/R36/G18/G36 is another MIDI format those was created with PC-98.

I hope FSMP can detect 26orchst.mid to 32ch mode, and similar types too.

OK, I have added support for these types of port select markers. Unfortunately they are simple text events with the format 'Axx' and Bxx' where xx is the channel number and A/B designate the port. So in this case the chances of false positives are higher than in case of previous markers.
Please, test it and report back:
https://falcosoft.hu/midiplayer_62_test.zip