version 4.0 of FSMP officially released.
1. Added VSTi plugins (VST instrument) support.
This means that Midi Player itself can host e.g. Roland SC-VA and Yamaha S-YXG50 Portable VSTi so no other VST host is required.
Advantages compared to external VST host: direct recording, normal volume/bass/treble and visualization support, can be used with VST effect/visualization plugins.
2. Added reset to middle position to most trackbars. Besides balance/bass/treble it also applies to tempo and key offset.
It works by left mouse double clicking since some trackbars have right mouse context menu.
3. VST and VSTi plugin window positions are saved and restored.
4. Added shortcut keys that open effect/instrument window and automatically load previously set VST/VSTi plugins.
(VSTi plugin -> Shift + I, VST plugins -> Shift + effect number)
5. Fixed handling of VST effect plugins that cannot detach their editor window properly.
6. Other fixes and enhancements.
I have made some modifications to Device settings dialog to make more clear what settings are relevant in VSTi mode.
And seeking is more reliable (no hanging notes) with SC-VA.
Moreover added a new section/video in the Howto/FAQ https://youtu.be/mzZhhLXG0kk