VOGONS

First post, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

http://www.thedragonstrap.com/

Far from being "a new game with some inspired-by-the-old-game assets", this is a ground-up remake of the classic.

WonderBoyTheDragonsTrap-03.jpg

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 2 of 11, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hunh...

...so... this is a weird sensation. A part of me is like, "TWO Wonderboy games coming this year? AWESOMENESS WILL BE HAD!" :D

...but then another part of me is like, "How is it that two teams could be developing two games, one a remake, the other brand new, yet the brand new one isn't using the Wonderboy name and the one which is hasn't made it clear how they managed to wrestle the name from Sega's grip..."

Curious to say the least.

Though if the team doing this remake DOES have the proper rights to using the Wonderboy name, then hopefully that means the team doing the brand new game will be able to secure those rights too at some point. :)

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg

Reply 3 of 11, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I like the visuals - that may just be the proper way to 'modernize' cartoonish pixel graphics. The cunning avoidance of that "made digitally with a Wacom" effect is impressive (especially since it probably was!).
If I had the resources to rework Keen *this* way, I'd give it a shot. 😁

[ WEB ] - [ BLOG ] - [ TUBE ] - [ CODE ]

Reply 7 of 11, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yes, by all accounts the original was a truly excellent game (and one I never got around to playing). I will definitely be buying this when it turns up in a Humble sale and will fondly regard its name in my Steam inventory – assuming it actually gets released and they don't manage to botch it completely.

Reply 8 of 11, by MCGA

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

One of my favorite games from the eighties, I played it on the SMS originally.

This looks great and really does justice for the original without loosing the fun feeling IMO. I'll buy it for sure if they release it on PC.

Reply 10 of 11, by laxdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Looks well done. I'll be picking it up. I briefly played the original, but it never grabbed me as I wasn't a big fan of the SMS controller.

laxDRAGON.com | My Game Collection | My Computers | YouTube

Reply 11 of 11, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
laxdragon wrote:

Looks well done. I'll be picking it up. I briefly played the original, but it never grabbed me as I wasn't a big fan of the SMS controller.

Part of the reason most of my Sega consoles were on an under-table shelf in front of my couch back when I had my house was so that I could hit the pause button on my SMS with a toe for games like WB3. ;D

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg