* Fixed reset bug
* Exposed Video, AUX and PCM volume controls
* Changed command line arguments to be a "bit" friendlier
* [Au30mix EQpass 0] will disable the EQ routing if you wish, but I left this command undocumented for now. (EQpass 1 will re-enable the routing) and is case sensitive.
Here is a newly written Mixer utility for the Aureal Vortex 2 AU8830 cards as promised in my project thread.
I consider it an Alpha but it seems to do its job well enough.
Included is a batch file to show how to use the available commands, and there is also the AU30MIX.exe /? if you need more help.
I recommend you always run the command "AU30MIX reset" to run the internal remapping of the Vortex bus and that will enable S/PDIF output at 48kHz, and also route all the audio through the Equalizer.
Let me know how it works for you, I've tested it with the MX300, Montego-II, SQ2500 and SuperQuad.
The AU30MIX reset command does the following:
- Code: Select all
• Resets the CODEC to new default gain values and mutes non-routed audio outputs and inputs
• Activates the CODEC's quad channels if present
• Sets the extra power register for lower THD
• Rewires the Vortex Internal VDB bus and chains the mixer outputs through the Equalizer and then to 4-channel and S/PDIF outputs for 48kHz
• Sets the initial Equalizer states and enables it, also allows user to specify EQ values
• Works properly and doesn't lockup ;) *please verify that it also works on your pc's*