Rank Newbie
Rank
Peixoto wrote on 2020-12-23, 01:58:
TheFizz wrote on 2020-12-22, 10:35:
@peixoto […]
Show full quote

@peixoto

iip9BQS.png

Not sure if this is an enhanced edition. I also have Visual Studio 19 installed since I'm a .NET dev

Well, it turns out there was a file missing in the latest release. It is fixed now

For further assistance, go here: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=44312848

Yep! Works now. Thanks for the quick fix and your work on it overall!

Reply 822 of 890, by captainchin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Peixoto, I have an error in the games Blood Omen 2 and Soul Reaver 2: It says
AutoHotkey

Error: CONTINUABLE EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Mouse and Keyboard hooks have been disabled

-Press yes to exit thread and continue execution
-Press no to continue thread (debug)
-Press cancel to exit application

Exception was caused in thread id: 3568
Line: 2599
LineFile: C:/Program Files (x86)/GOG.com/Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver 2/Peixoto/Program/last

How can i do to make both games work?

Reply 823 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
captainchin wrote on 2020-12-25, 19:30:
Peixoto, I have an error in the games Blood Omen 2 and Soul Reaver 2: It says AutoHotkey […]
Show full quote

Peixoto, I have an error in the games Blood Omen 2 and Soul Reaver 2: It says
AutoHotkey

Mouse and Keyboard hooks have been disabled

-Press yes to exit thread and continue execution
-Press no to continue thread (debug)
-Press cancel to exit application

Exception was caused in thread id: 3568
Line: 2599
LineFile: C:/Program Files (x86)/GOG.com/Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver 2/Peixoto/Program/last

How can i do to make both games work?

Support is provided here: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=44312848

Reply 825 of 890, by mattcedler

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Download link on https://www.buymeacoffee.com/Peixoto doesn't work.

Attachments

Reply 827 of 890, by brazzjazz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Peixoto, I'm not sure whether this is related to your particular fix, but I've noted that when you use widescreen resolutions with Clive Barker's Undying, the weapon / hand offset is wrong, meaning you will only see the upper part of the weapon. I tested it and it seems to be consistent with a 4:3 canvas being cropped to the respective widescreen resolution, resulting in the loss of the lower portion of the hand / weapon. It seems to be the same effect at play with cutscenes, which are also Vert-. I wonder whether the mentioned offset can be adjusted, and if so, where would that be done for an Unreal Engine 1 game?

BOW to the GTX 970 Master Race! 4 (read: 3.5) gigs of precious GDDR5 random-access memory will kick your sorry ass.
Specs: Intel Xeon E3-1231 v3, MSI GTX 970 @1454/3893 MHz, 16 GB DDR3-1600, Win10 x64 20H2

Reply 828 of 890, by C00kies0up

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm trying to get Jedi Knight: DF2 to work with your patch, but for some reason many of the textures are partly transparent which leads to a lot of bleeding and other annoying visual glitches. I've scoured this thread and noticed blam666's posts at around page 10 where he brings up the same issue, but it seems that particular issue was never really resolved? I've messed around with the settings you've implemented concerning the z-buffer, but nothing manages to fix the issue. Using dgVoodoo fixes the transparency issues, but (I assume) conflicts with whatever the patch does to avoid the HUD from scaling, because the HUD in turn no longer draws anything no matter how small I set the resolution or view size.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about, notice the transparency on the pistol and walls:

Screenshot

Jedi-Knight-Dark-Forces-II-Jk-exe-Screenshot-2021-01-17-14-08-29-18.png

Reply 829 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
brazzjazz wrote on 2021-01-11, 06:59:

Hi Peixoto, I'm not sure whether this is related to your particular fix, but I've noted that when you use widescreen resolutions with Clive Barker's Undying, the weapon / hand offset is wrong, meaning you will only see the upper part of the weapon. I tested it and it seems to be consistent with a 4:3 canvas being cropped to the respective widescreen resolution, resulting in the loss of the lower portion of the hand / weapon. It seems to be the same effect at play with cutscenes, which are also Vert-. I wonder whether the mentioned offset can be adjusted, and if so, where would that be done for an Unreal Engine 1 game?

C00kies0up wrote on 2021-01-17, 13:15:

I'm trying to get Jedi Knight: DF2 to work with your patch, but for some reason many of the textures are partly transparent which leads to a lot of bleeding and other annoying visual glitches. I've scoured this thread and noticed blam666's posts at around page 10 where he brings up the same issue, but it seems that particular issue was never really resolved? I've messed around with the settings you've implemented concerning the z-buffer, but nothing manages to fix the issue. Using dgVoodoo fixes the transparency issues, but (I assume) conflicts with whatever the patch does to avoid the HUD from scaling, because the HUD in turn no longer draws anything no matter how small I set the resolution or view size.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about, notice the transparency on the pistol and walls:

Screenshot

Jedi-Knight-Dark-Forces-II-Jk-exe-Screenshot-2021-01-17-14-08-29-18.png

Assistance is provided here: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/Peixoto

Reply 830 of 890, by blam666

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Whoops, coincidence. I just browsed this thread again and saw my old problems with Jedi Knight DF2 mentioned. Actually, I retried the most recent Peixoto tool after a long long time gone since my last attempt with a fresh Jedi Knight install of the GOG version (2.0.0.6) and it works absolutely fine now after applying the update patch mentioned in the instructions. The graphical glitches are gone, fov correction works etc. But I don't have any clue why that is, some drivers or Win10 stuff updated in the meantime or whatever. Maybe it's just the new version of the Peixoto tool that solved the problem.

While the graphics are working fine now, I don't seem to be able to run my original CD wav rips with the MCI emulation checked with the GOG version. No music with MCI emulation enabled. I managed to make the soundtrack work by the usual winmm.dll routine (had to use the registry fix for that, though) and MCI unchecked, but have the non-looping problem now (have to enter menu and get back to game to have the music start playing again after current track has ended).

Maybe I misunderstood the instructions? The wav files of CD1 are in the original game folder, CD2 wav files in a subfolder of that, Disk2. The tracks are named like that: 01 Track 1.wav, 02 Track 2.wav etc. On my CD, 01 Track1.wav was Track 2 originally, not sure if that is correct or if I should have let the order start at 02 Track2.wav and so on. But I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the MCI emulation not producing any music.

Reply 831 of 890, by VortexCZ

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, thank you very much for the amazing opportunity to play the old and only good Tomb Raider games.
But I have a minor problem. I installed a version of Tomb Raider 2 Golden Mask and the resolution adjustment doesn't work at all. The game still remains spread across the screen in a 4:3 ratio, but other fixes probably work (super sampling, anti aliasing ...). Is there an older version of peixoto that can really fix the aspect ratio?

Last edited by Stiletto on 2021-02-01, 22:28. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 832 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
blam666 wrote on 2021-01-18, 18:39:

Whoops, coincidence. I just browsed this thread again and saw my old problems with Jedi Knight DF2 mentioned. Actually, I retried the most recent Peixoto tool after a long long time gone since my last attempt with a fresh Jedi Knight install of the GOG version (2.0.0.6) and it works absolutely fine now after applying the update patch mentioned in the instructions. The graphical glitches are gone, fov correction works etc. But I don't have any clue why that is, some drivers or Win10 stuff updated in the meantime or whatever. Maybe it's just the new version of the Peixoto tool that solved the problem.

While the graphics are working fine now, I don't seem to be able to run my original CD wav rips with the MCI emulation checked with the GOG version. No music with MCI emulation enabled. I managed to make the soundtrack work by the usual winmm.dll routine (had to use the registry fix for that, though) and MCI unchecked, but have the non-looping problem now (have to enter menu and get back to game to have the music start playing again after current track has ended).

Maybe I misunderstood the instructions? The wav files of CD1 are in the original game folder, CD2 wav files in a subfolder of that, Disk2. The tracks are named like that: 01 Track 1.wav, 02 Track 2.wav etc. On my CD, 01 Track1.wav was Track 2 originally, not sure if that is correct or if I should have let the order start at 02 Track2.wav and so on. But I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the MCI emulation not producing any music.

VortexCZ wrote on 2021-01-19, 01:58:

Hi, thank you very much for the amazing opportunity to play the old and only good Tomb Raider games.
But I have a minor problem. I installed a version of Tomb Raider 2 Golden Mask and the resolution adjustment doesn't work at all. The game still remains spread across the screen in a 4:3 ratio, but other fixes probably work (super sampling, anti aliasing ...). Is there an older version of peixoto that can really fix the aspect ratio?

Assistance is provided here: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/Peixoto

Reply 833 of 890, by DJG

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi there Peixoto, another grateful newbie here. Just sent you some coffees and hoping you can help. Having the same error as user above when trying to play TRII from disc:

"Error: CONTINUABLE EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Mouse and Keyboard hooks have been disabled"

Any help would be greatly appreciated, many thanks.

Reply 834 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
DJG wrote on 2021-02-06, 11:48:
Hi there Peixoto, another grateful newbie here. Just sent you some coffees and hoping you can help. Having the same error as use […]
Show full quote

Hi there Peixoto, another grateful newbie here. Just sent you some coffees and hoping you can help. Having the same error as user above when trying to play TRII from disc:

"Error: CONTINUABLE EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Mouse and Keyboard hooks have been disabled"

Any help would be greatly appreciated, many thanks.

Can you post the entire contents of the message box with the EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION error and upload your "last" file please. ? That file is created on the program folder whenever you launch a game

Reply 835 of 890, by DJG

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Mouse and Keyboard hooks have been disabled.

- Press yes to exit thread and continue execution.
- Press no to continue thread (debug).
- Press cancel to exit application.

Exception was caused in thread id: 3728
Line: 3023
LineFile: C:\Users\david\Desktop\Peixoto\Peixoto\Program\last

-The error appears 8 times.
-Clicking "no" to all 8 messages brings up the TRII launch application (play/install/uninstall/setup etc).
-Clicking "play" causes the error message to appear 8 more times (different thread id number).
-Clicking "no" to all 8 messages again, the game attempts to start. Sometimes successful, sometimes crashes.
-Tried various setting changes including enabling "Fix DirectDraw reference count" but the same thing happens.

Ultimately the game will now start up sometimes (with occasional gamepad lag during play) and if the fix is complicated I'm happy to just live with it.

Thanks again

Attachments

• Filename
    last.txt
    File size
    375.47 KiB
    Downloads
    94 downloads
    File comment
    txt version of contents of 'last' file
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 838 of 890, by Terrapin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Download link at https://www.buymeacoffee.com/Peixoto is down again. Would it be possible to maybe upload it to a diff cloud storage provider? Seems like the download location goes down quite a bit...

Reply 839 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Terrapin wrote on 2021-02-19, 09:28:

Download link at https://www.buymeacoffee.com/Peixoto is down again. Would it be possible to maybe upload it to a diff cloud storage provider? Seems like the download location goes down quite a bit...

Try again, Its working for me, even logged out of onedrive. In the past, Google drive blocked it and dropbox kept complaining of too many downloads. Onedrive has been the best so far