Peixoto's patches for a few old games

Topic actions

Reply 360 of 890, by LyrickTheRock

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thaks you Peixoto !

It was necessary "start" on game disk!

Maintenant, comment change t'on la résolution en 1920x1080p par exemple? Mon jeu a des bugs de textures avec des zones noires

Reply 362 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
LyrickTheRock wrote:

Thaks you Peixoto !

Maintenant, comment change t'on la résolution en 1920x1080p par exemple? Mon jeu a des bugs de textures avec des zones noires

Resolution setup is automatic, the game is already running at your monitor's native resolution.

Black areas in some textures is a standing issue in RE 1 and 2, no solution at the time

elgr wrote:

Any thoughts on those movie mod files yet?

No rush of course. Has anyone else here with RE2 tried to use them?

I can't reproduce this bug. Please post your error.log. What ".exe" version are you using ?

The cutscene speed up mod doesn't even work for me, but i will add something similar in the next update

Reply 363 of 890, by milepanic

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey pexioto sorry to bug you again, but do you know what could be reason for my xbox360 controller not being recognized trough the patch on windows 10, what windows you using? I tried with enabling/disabling xbox controller option in the patch, and trying keyboard emulation as well, but nothing seem to work. Like I mentioned before didn't have that issue on windows 7 something happened after upgrade. No rush at all just curios if someone else experienced this after upgrading to windows 10.

Reply 364 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
milepanic wrote:

Hey pexioto sorry to bug you again, but do you know what could be reason for my xbox360 controller not being recognized trough the patch on windows 10, what windows you using? I tried with enabling/disabling xbox controller option in the patch, and trying keyboard emulation as well, but nothing seem to work. Like I mentioned before didn't have that issue on windows 7 something happened after upgrade. No rush at all just curios if someone else experienced this after upgrading to windows 10.

I use win 10 as well. Have you try deleting the ddraw.dll file you have on the game folder?

Reply 365 of 890, by elgr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Peixoto wrote:
Resolution setup is automatic, the game is already running at your monitor's native resolution. […]
Show full quote
LyrickTheRock wrote:

Thaks you Peixoto !

Resolution setup is automatic, the game is already running at your monitor's native resolution.

Black areas in some textures is a standing issue in RE 1 and 2, no solution at the time

elgr wrote:

Any thoughts on those movie mod files yet?

No rush of course. Has anyone else here with RE2 tried to use them?

I can't reproduce this bug. Please post your error.log. What ".exe" version are you using ?

The cutscene speed up mod doesn't even work for me, but i will add something similar in the next update

Thanks for checking! So you're saying that the replacement FMVs load fine for you? I might be able to check this afternoon, otherwise it will have to be Sunday.

I was originally loading the Resident Evil 2 exe, which surprisingly actually loaded the program fine. I switched to Leon or Claire exes once I realized that was probably the proper way to do it, and the FMVs are no better. They play at first, but when it is time for them to finish (forced or naturally), the program exits out. I can post he error log in a few hours, but there was nothing related to crashing or exiting in it.

Edit: If you mean which version of the game, I tried with just what the disc installs (1.0, I believe). I tried updating it to 1.04 with a patch on pcgamewiki and that changed the directory structures around and seemed to make the situation worse.

Reply 366 of 890, by milepanic

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Peixoto wrote:
milepanic wrote:

I use win 10 as well. Have you try deleting the ddraw.dll file you have on the game folder?

Last night I try briefly to delete ddraw.dll and tested again but I have same issue. Weird thing is that keyboard working, but xppader not corresponding with it when game is run trough the patch its really weird.

thanks

Reply 367 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
milepanic wrote:
Peixoto wrote:
milepanic wrote:

Last night I try briefly to delete ddraw.dll and tested again but I have same issue. Weird thing is that keyboard working, but xppader not corresponding with it when game is run trough the patch its really weird.

thanks

You have to match xpader compatibility setting with that of the game

Reply 368 of 890, by elgr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Here is my error log: https://pastebin.com/1KvSk7PD

Here's one running it without the mods clicked: https://pastebin.com/bFhpsqMn

Thanks again.

Edit: Since I'm still not sure what you meant about exe version, help.exe is 1.1.22.04 😀

Reply 369 of 890, by milepanic

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Peixoto wrote:

You have to match xpader compatibility setting with that of the game

If i run game just normally form steam not trough patch, xpadder work normally, it emulates keyboard and i can play game with xbox gamepad. Also when i run games with your patch windows play this sound https://youtu.be/dsFagl7XeTc?t=4s , its called windows 10 foreground sound its starts at 0:04, not sure if that's mean anything, I'm still trying to get used to windows 10.

Reply 370 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
milepanic wrote:

If i run game just normally form steam not trough patch, xpadder work normally, it emulates keyboard and i can play game with xbox gamepad. Also when i run games with your patch windows play this sound https://youtu.be/dsFagl7XeTc?t=4s , its called windows 10 foreground sound its starts at 0:04, not sure if that's mean anything, I'm still trying to get used to windows 10.

Run xpader as admin. That sound means the widescreen was applied successfully

Reply 371 of 890, by milepanic

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Peixoto wrote:
milepanic wrote:

I'm at work right now, I will check it out when i get home, thanks a lot for suggestions, you are truly the best. I'm trying to make youtube video with playing tomb raider 3 with your patch so I can share with people and show them how awesome your patch is. I actually retextured menu title and whole first level in the game and replaced with nice HD textures. I want to promote your patch more so people will send you some donations because you deserve it. But now I upgraded to windows 10 and gamepad is not working 🤣 and I dont feel playing it with keyboard. Not sure what time is over there right now, but I will update you later today with results. Thanks again!

Reply 372 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
elgr wrote:
Here is my error log: https://pastebin.com/1KvSk7PD […]
Show full quote

Thanks again.

Edit: Since I'm still not sure what you meant about exe version, help.exe is 1.1.22.04 😀

The version of Leon.ex and claire.exe

I see you have the "Disable music" option clicked: try disabling it: that option install a couple Directshow hooks and Directshow is multithreaded while the hooks are not thread safe

you can also try to erase the following line on resident evil 2.ahk:
logerr("TimeGetTime hook error: " InstallHook("TimeGetTime", pTimeGetTime, "Winmm.dll", "timeGetTime"))

it may impact your frame rate, but that hook will soon be replaced by one tat is thread safe

Try messing with the settings a bit. Maybe DSR is the culprit

Last edited by Peixoto on 2018-06-30, 00:08. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 373 of 890, by milepanic

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
milepanic wrote:
Peixoto wrote:
milepanic wrote:

I'm at work right now, I will check it out when i get home, thanks a lot for suggestions, you are truly the best. I'm trying to make youtube video with playing tomb raider 3 with your patch so I can share with people and show them how awesome your patch is. I actually retextured menu title and whole first level in the game and replaced with nice HD textures. I want to promote your patch more so people will send you some donations because you deserve it. But now I upgraded to windows 10 and gamepad is not working 🤣 and I dont feel playing it with keyboard. Not sure what time is over there right now, but I will update you later today with results. Thanks again!

Ok so I just tested out, and run xpadder as a admin and worked! 🤣 thanks a lot man I would never guessed that.

Reply 374 of 890, by elgr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Peixoto wrote:
The version of Leon.ex and claire.exe […]
Show full quote
elgr wrote:
Here is my error log: https://pastebin.com/1KvSk7PD […]
Show full quote

Thanks again.

The version of Leon.ex and claire.exe

I see you have the "Disable music" option clicked: try disabling it: that option install a couple Directshow hooks and Directshow is multithreaded while the hooks are not thread safe

you can also try to erase the following line on resident evil 2.ahk:
logerr("TimeGetTime hook error: " InstallHook("TimeGetTime", pTimeGetTime, "Winmm.dll", "timeGetTime"))

it may impact your frame rate, but that hook will soon be replaced by one tat is thread safe

Try messing with the settings a bit. Maybe DSR is the culprit

Music setting was probably leftover from just trying every combination of option. Will try your other suggestion though.

Reply 376 of 890, by tezinho

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi.

Im having trouble with the Tomb Raider II + Windows 7 x64.

Using W7 x64 I have several problems with MP4 FMVs and audio problems, some errors:

-The first video (LOGO.MP4) runs perfectly, in the second (ANCIENT.MP4) gives black screen and goes straight to the menu with black screen and sometimes with sound sometimes without.
-If I disable "delete" the MP4 videos and go back to the original RPLs the videos run normally but in-game sound is clicking, popping....

I did the following procedures when installing
1. Installed Windows 7/10 x64;
2. Installed the vga AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000;
3. I configured K-Lite Codec Pack Basic and Tomb Raider II (GOG);
4. In W7 I tried the options (Force Native Res, Disable maximized windowed, non exclusive fullscreen) tried several ways but without success.
4. Both Windows I did not install the sound card (used Microsoft driver), even installing the sound driver in W7 the problem with audio continues;

On the same laptop, same configuration, Windows 7 x64 always gives the problems mentioned above, Windows 10 x64 the game works perfectly without problems with MP4 or in-game sound. Detail, my laptop does not have drivers compatible with the W10 except the VGA card.

Is it something incompatible in W7 x64 or some specific configuration?

Here the log in W7 x64

Peixotos's patch remote settings:
#args: setup
32bit: 1
;compatlayer: WinXPSP2
AF: 1
CompatLayer: HIGHDPIAWARE
Controller: A=1;B=2;X=3;Y=4;LEFT_SHOULDER=5;RIGHT_SHOULDER=6;bLeftTrigger=7;bRightTrigger=8;Start=9;Back=10;LEFT_THUMB=11;RIGHT_THUMB=12;deadzone=0.000000;
d3D: 2
D3D_Driver: aticfx32.dll
deadzone: 0.25
dshow: 1
error_log: C:\Users\Teste\Documents\Peixoto\error.log
FMV_scale: 1
HD: 1
HideBorder: 1
injector_dir: C:\Users\Teste\Documents\Peixoto
macros: Up,Down,Left,Right,end,alt,space,ctrl,del,PgDn,shift,numpad0,esc,/,8,9,Up,Down,Left,Right
max_4x3_res: 1024x768
modspath: C:\Users\Teste\Documents\Games\TombRaider2\mods
Mydocs: C:\Users\Teste\Documents
NEFS: 1
os_version: 6.100000
resolutions_list: 640x480 800x480 800x600 1024x600 1024x768 1280x720 1280x768 1360x768 1366x768
script: Scripts\Tomb2.ahk
script_hwnd: 0x2102c4
singlecore: 1
target: C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Tomb Raider 1 2 3\Tomb Raider 2\Tomb2.exe
target_dir: C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Tomb Raider 1 2 3\Tomb Raider 2
target_name: Tomb2.exe
Textswap: path=Tomb2Fix\textures;samples=4;thumbnail=256;Next=];Prev=[;dump=p;Switch=i;color_switch=o;nopopins=;Quick=;

CreateProcessA Hook: 0
CreateProcessW Hook: 0
Succedeed to create the DirectShow interfaces
Succeeded to hook IVideoWindow::SetWindowPosition
Succeeded to hook IMediaControl::Run
Desktop 1366x768
Direct3D user mode driver implemented in aticfx32.dll
OpenAdapter Hook 0
DDraw.dll : C:\Windows\system32\DDRAW.dll
DirectDrawCreate Hook: 0
Succeeded to create DirectDraw
Succeeded to create Direct3D
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw::CreateSurface
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::restore
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice2::EndScene
Succeeded to hook IDirect3D2::CreateDevice
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::Blt
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::Lock
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::UnLock
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DTexture2::GetHandle
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DTexture2::Release
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DTexture2::Load
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice2::SetRenderState
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw::EnumDisplayModes
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw::SetDisplayMode
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw2::SetDisplayMode
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DViewport2::SetViewPort2
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DViewport2::Clear
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice2::DrawPrimitive
Show last 43 lines
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw::GetDisplayMode
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::QueryInterface
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::GetPixelFormat
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::GetSurfaceDesc
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::GetDC
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::ReleaseDC
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::SetPalette
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawPalette::SetEntries
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawPalette::GetEntries
Succeeded to unhook IDirectDrawSurface::Lock
Succeeded to unhook IDirectDrawSurface::UnLock
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::Lock
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::UnLock
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::Bltfast
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw::SetCooperativeLevel
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::flip
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::GetAttachedSurface
IDirect3DDevice2::DrawPrimitive is already hooked
IDirectDrawSurface::QueryInterface is already hooked
Method BeginScene is not hooked yet
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice2::BeginScene
Releasing Clipper 0
Releasing Clipper 0
Releasing Clipper 0
Releasing Clipper 0
Releasing Clipper 0
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::lock
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::Unlock
Releasing Clipper 0
FMV\LOGO.mp4 playback successfull
Failed to set the target window
Failed to resize window 1400

Reply 377 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
tezinho wrote:

Windows 10 x64 the game works perfectly without problems with MP4 or in-game sound.

Problem solved !!

Anyway, try to re-encode the mp4 files as bnik. For the sound, run setup and select you instead of selecting "primary sound driver" select the other option that appears. Also try to remove the singlecore=1 option from tomb2.ini

Reply 378 of 890, by tezinho

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Peixoto wrote:
tezinho wrote:

Windows 10 x64 the game works perfectly without problems with MP4 or in-game sound.

Problem solved !!

Anyway, try to re-encode the mp4 files as bnik. For the sound, run setup and select you instead of selecting "primary sound driver" select the other option that appears. Also try to remove the singlecore=1 option from tomb2.ini

W10 on this laptop is slowww, but if it is necessary will be the way. I'll try these tips, thank you very much.