VOGONS

Peixoto's patches for a few old games

Topic actions

Reply 260 of 890, by curseofnight

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It's a dell optiplex 780 64bit w/ win10. It's an older model from 8 or 9 years ago, I think, but I just brought it "new"(re-bulit/refurbished?) a couple months ago as a cheap replacement for my previous PC(which I ruined...). I did, however, replace the on-board video with a 1 gig MSI 6450 HD so yeah... It's a total beast now :p

Anyway it's fine about the resolution. Changing my monitor's desktop resolution works fine it just screws up all my desktop icons, resets the default window sizes, etc. I just noticed the "resolution_list" line in the error.log and figured there might be a way to set a resolution in the .ini file.

Reply 261 of 890, by curseofnight

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

***The "fix" below is no longer relevant since Peixoto added the 'enable marcos' option to Onimusha. Besides, it probably only worked with a very specific setup anyway.***

I meant to mention this earlier....

For people having problems with the diagonal input not working with onimusha search google for a file called "DirectInputFPSFix.zip" it's a re-compiled dinput8.dll that was originally made for FEAR and a few other games that used Monolith's engine. There's a readme included with more details.

Once you've extracted the dinput8.dll, place it in Onimusha's folder, setup a config in JoyToKey, then make sure you have XInput set to Enable in Piexoto's launcher(If you don't the game will crash until either you enble the option or delete the dinput8.dll file).

I should also note that although this worked for me on my PC, it did not work on my brothers.... Still it's worth a shot, I think.

Edit: I just checked FEAR's page on pcgamingwiki and the link to file I'm talking about is on there(Direct Input FPS Fix...)

I've edited this post so many times....

Last edited by curseofnight on 2018-05-16, 00:15. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 262 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
curseofnight wrote:

It's a dell optiplex 780 64bit w/ win10. It's an older model from 8 or 9 years ago, I think, but I just brought it "new"(re-bulit/refurbished?) a couple months ago as a cheap replacement for my previous PC(which I ruined...). I did, however, replace the on-board video with a 1 gig MSI 6450 HD so yeah... It's a total beast now :p

Anyway it's fine about the resolution. Changing my monitor's desktop resolution works fine it just screws up all my desktop icons, resets the default window sizes, etc. I just noticed the "resolution_list" line in the error.log and figured there might be a way to set a resolution in the .ini file.

Your card should be able to run all the games in my patch with high resolution easily. There is something wrong with your system. A wild guess: you're PC is running the microsoft basic driver instead of the AMD driver

Reply 263 of 890, by curseofnight

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Honestly, it's mainly Onimusha that experience lag with. As someone mentioned before, it doesn't seem to be well optimized. Onimusha 3 is kinda the same for me. I have to play in 800x600 to get a consistent frame rate. Other (older)PC games are fine. Like in Oblivion I can play in 1600x900 with Qarl's texture pack plus 50+ mods and it's very smooth.

About the drivers; I'm using the msi drivers from the disc that came with the card. I also uninstalled the drivers for the onboard intel video beforehand. I suppose I could get some offical amd drivers from their website. The 6450 isn't really a great card to start with though. I only got cuz it was on sale.

Edit: It seems I have the correct amd drivers already. It's kool though, like I mentioned above it's not a problem playing in 800x600. I grew up playing quake in 320x200 so I don't mind.

Reply 265 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
curseofnight wrote:

Honestly, it's mainly Onimusha that experience lag with. As someone mentioned before, it doesn't seem to be well optimized. Onimusha 3 is kinda the same for me. I have to play in 800x600 to get a consistent frame rate. Other (older)PC games are fine. Like in Oblivion I can play in 1600x900 with Qarl's texture pack plus 50+ mods and it's very smooth.

About the drivers; I'm using the msi drivers from the disc that came with the card. I also uninstalled the drivers for the onboard intel video beforehand. I suppose I could get some offical amd drivers from their website. The 6450 isn't really a great card to start with though. I only got cuz it was on sale.

Edit: It seems I have the correct amd drivers already. It's kool though, like I mentioned above it's not a problem playing in 800x600. I grew up playing quake in 320x200 so I don't mind.

The onimusha patch in needing some optimizations i've been postponing, maybe it is time do do them, let's see what happens then. I'm going out on a travel next tuesday, so we'll have to wait at least a couple weeks

Alkimical wrote:

Is there any chance to fix the FMV with scale without crashing in Resident Evil 1?

Nope, sorry!

Reply 267 of 890, by frozenman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

guys i have a problem with Prince of Persia Sands of time using peixoto's fix, after the first cutscene you have to climb a tower and enter a building where the screen goes black everytime and i cant do anything, can you help me? im on W10 64 bits

Reply 268 of 890, by KainXVIII

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Trying to play TR2+ios textures fix with your patch right now and it looks pretty good except, how do i say that - texture shimmering? They like too sharp, pixel crawling, maybe lack of mipmapping? It can be somewhat mitigated by downsampling from 4k res through Nvidia DSR, but HUD will be very small..I know about Force native resolution and Allow Dynamic Super Resolution, but enabling them don't set resolution to 4k..

Here is screenshot (looks much worse in the motion)
https://abload.de/img/trpupyr.png

Reply 269 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
KainXVIII wrote:

Trying to play TR2+ios textures fix with your patch right now and it looks pretty good except, how do i say that - texture shimmering? They like too sharp, pixel crawling, maybe lack of mipmapping? It can be somewhat mitigated by downsampling from 4k res through Nvidia DSR, but HUD will be very small..I know about Force native resolution and Allow Dynamic Super Resolution, but enabling them don't set resolution to 4k..

Doesn't anisotropic filter helps with the textures ?

Post your error.log so i can see how resolutions are enumerated

Reply 270 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
frozenman wrote:

guys i have a problem with Prince of Persia Sands of time using peixoto's fix, after the first cutscene you have to climb a tower and enter a building where the screen goes black everytime and i cant do anything, can you help me? im on W10 64 bits

SOOOOO many bugs! Sometimes i regret ever releasing this.

Anyway, this is probably a thread lock (PoP SoT requires D3D9 to be thread safe), maybe fixable, just give i couple weeks since im on vacation

Reply 271 of 890, by KainXVIII

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Peixoto wrote:
KainXVIII wrote:

Yes, AF was already enabled in your utility

Filename
error.7z
File size
1.6 KiB
Downloads
67 downloads
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 272 of 890, by kortex

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Piexoto, thank you for this amazing work. I can't believe TR2 is running this great on my pc. I haven't seen this answered, but have a question about looping audio. Just as a test, I started up TR2 through your utility and went to lara's home. The voice audio just keeps looping. I can trigger a new audio response by moving Lara and then that audio keeps looping. Thoughts?

Reply 273 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
KainXVIII wrote:
Peixoto wrote:
KainXVIII wrote:

Yes, AF was already enabled in your utility

error.7z

OK, the native resolution\4K issue will be fixed in the weekend. I'll think about mipmapping

kortex wrote:

Piexoto, thank you for this amazing work. I can't believe TR2 is running this great on my pc. I haven't seen this answered, but have a question about looping audio. Just as a test, I started up TR2 through your utility and went to lara's home. The voice audio just keeps looping. I can trigger a new audio response by moving Lara and then that audio keeps looping. Thoughts?

Just disable MCI emulation for now, unlles you are using an old version of the TR2 script (Tomb2.ahk) with a recent version of the program. I'll look into
this issue in the weekend

Reply 274 of 890, by kortex

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Peixoto wrote:
kortex wrote:

Just disable MCI emulation for now, unlles you are using an old version of the TR2 script (Tomb2.ahk) with a recent version of the program. I'll look into

Thank you! I'm actually not using MCI emulation sir! I'm using the script and help.exe from the link on the first page of this thread. I suppose I should add in that I'm using the GOG version of the game.

Reply 276 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
kortex wrote:
Peixoto wrote:
kortex wrote:

Thank you! I'm actually not using MCI emulation sir! I'm using the script and help.exe from the link on the first page of this thread. I suppose I should add in that I'm using the GOG version of the game.

Can you post your error.log, please? Also, double check if the bug happens without the patch

Alkimical wrote:

I discovered something weird about the crashing in RE1 with FMV scale.
If I disable Xinput in your panel or turn off my Xbox controller, the game doesn't crash at 2.25 FMV Scale.

That is interesting info, maybe i can reproduce the bug now