VOGONS

Peixoto's patches for a few old games

Topic actions

Reply 41 of 890, by batterymandark

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Speaking of Resident evil , i had to do it in a strange way in order to fix it, i had to use the dgvoodoo ddraw and dimm files combined with your fix in order to make it work. or else it refuse no mater what. However i do have one annoying crash. after a few minutes as it appear slightly random, and its much faster after i save a game, it crashes and trowing the same message a the normal error with couldn't find device, but the number aren"t 3 its 0. Its says : "Failed to initialize the Graphic Hardware Device.(0)"

Reply 42 of 890, by Dranyth

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've been trying out your patch for Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain, however I've run into an issue. The script does (usually) cause the game to run in a full screen 1920x1200 resolution, but while it's doing so, the Bink movies don't show any video. You can hear the audio playing, but the screen remains black. Once you get past the videos, the actual game does show up in an aspect correct, pillarboxed 1600x1200, which is good.

This is an install I did using CubanRaul's installer on a mounted disc image, and then used the 300MB Bink_patch_BO_(PC).exe to patch the Bink movies into the install. The file date on my KAIN.exe after the Bink_patch_BO_(PC).exe install is 7/6/2010 and it is 823KB in size. When I run the KAIN.exe by itself, without your script's shortcut, the Bink videos do play, however the game switches my desktop to 640x480 mode at that point, which isn't exactly ideal.

This is what I get from my error.log:

Peixotos's patch remote settings:
8bitColorfix: 1
compatlayer: win98
Controller: A=1;B=2;X=3;Y=4;LEFT_SHOULDER=6;RIGHT_SHOULDER=8;bLeftTrigger=7;bRightTrigger=5;Back=10;Start=9;LEFT_THUMB=11;RIGHT_THUMB=12;deadzone=0.000000;
d3D_Driver: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\c0313824.inf_amd64_cff8240637965d03\aticfx32.dll
ddraw: 1
error_log: E:\Utilities\Peixoto\error.log
FMVScale: 1.0
injector_dir: E:\Utilities\Peixoto
max_4x3_res: 1600x1200
Mydocs: C:\Users\D\Documents
os_version: 10.000000
resolutions_list: 640x480 720x480 800x480 800x600 1024x600 1024x768 1152x648 1152x864 1280x720 1280x768 1280x800 1280x1024 1360x768 1366x768 1400x1050 1440x900 1600x1200 1680x1050 1776x1000 1920x1080 1920x1200
script: Scripts\Kain.ahk
script_hwnd: 0x380a8c
target: G:\Games\LegacyOfKain-BloodOmen\KAIN.EXE
target_dir: G:\Games\LegacyOfKain-BloodOmen
target_name: KAIN.EXE
upscale: 1

Succeeded to create the DirectInput Interfaces
Succeeded to create the DirectInput8 Interfaces
Succeeded to hook IDirectInputDeviceW::GetDeviceState
Succeeded to hook IDirectInputDevice8W::GetDeviceState
Desktop 1920x1200
Direct3D user mode driver implemented in C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\c0313824.inf_amd64_cff8240637965d03\aticfx32.dll
OpenAdapter Hook 0
DirectDrawCreate Hook: 0
Succeeded to create DirectDraw
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw::SetDisplayMode
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw2::SetDisplayMode
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw2::CreateSurface
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw::CreateSurface
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::restore
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::lock
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::Unlock
Succeeded to unhook IDirectDraw2::SetDisplayMode

I've tried messing with a few settings in the INI, changing the FMVscale to some other values, such as 5.0 (which would perfectly multiply the original 320x240 videos to 1600x1200), but I've had no luck there. I've even tried using the replacement BinkBO32.dll that's supposed to remove the little ad and Kain laugh at the beginning of the Bink videos it plays. Again, through your patch, the videos play but you can only hear the sound, although the sound seems to skip with that DLL for some reason. And if I run the KAIN.exe itself, the videos do show up again, even with that DLL.

I did run an APItrace, although I'm not sure if it will be helpful, as when I ran the game with the Trace DDraw.dll in its directory, I got some weird results, the whole screen was strangely colored and stuck up in the upper left corner of the screen with a lot of artifacts. I basically just let it get to the main menu, since at that point it has already attempted to play the 3 intro logo videos. I'll add it in case it helps though.

Attachments

• Filename
    KAIN.7z
    File size
    50.31 KiB
    Downloads
    163 downloads
    File comment
    Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain APITrace
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 43 of 890, by KainXVIII

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Can't make to work Tomb Raider 2 with Peixoto patch and Dualshock 4 controller - if i enable DS4 steam support and load corresponding profile all works fine, but if i run TR2 with Peixoto patch (if i want FMV and texture replacement) - ds4 don't work for me at all 🙁
Also Peixoto patch don't work together with dgvoodoo directx wrapper (for Steam overlay support, for example) - bummer.

Reply 44 of 890, by batterymandark

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
KainXVIII wrote:

Can't get to work Tomb Raider 2 with Peixoto patch and Dualshock 4 controller - if i enable DS4 steam support and load corresponding profile all works fine, but if i run TR2 with Peixoto patch (if i want FMV and texture replacement) - ds4 don't work for me at all 🙁
Also Peixoto patch don't work together with dgvoodoo directx wrapper (for Steam overlay support, for example) - bummer.

If you want dualshock on older games you probly need 2 things, as i use a dualshock 3 controller .

A appropriate driver , as i guess you have
And Xinput wrapper-driver : http://lavendy.net/special/driver/xi/index.html

The wrapper is a driver that lets your xbox accessories work on older games that use DXinput and not DirectInput.
Your dualshock 4 controller is maybe treated very closely as a xbox360 controller is treated in windows, so maybe this wrapper-driver will work as well.
Also i notice that many times , videos doesn't work in fullscreen with wrappers like dgvoodoo and probably not in Peixoto wrapper too, you have to somehow make the game run in desktop resolution but in windowed mode.
I can't guarantee my advice will work at all for you.

Reply 45 of 890, by KainXVIII

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
batterymandark wrote:
If you want dualshock on older games you probly need 2 things, as i use a dualshock 3 controller . […]
Show full quote
KainXVIII wrote:

Can't get to work Tomb Raider 2 with Peixoto patch and Dualshock 4 controller - if i enable DS4 steam support and load corresponding profile all works fine, but if i run TR2 with Peixoto patch (if i want FMV and texture replacement) - ds4 don't work for me at all 🙁

If you want dualshock on older games you probly need 2 things, as i use a dualshock 3 controller .

The wrapper is a driver that lets your xbox accessories work on older games that use DXinput and not DirectInput.
Your dualshock 4 controller is maybe treated very closely as a xbox360 controller is treated in windows, so maybe this wrapper-driver will work as well.
Also i notice that many times , videos doesn't work in fullscreen with wrappers like dgvoodoo and probably not in Peixoto wrapper too, you have to somehow make the game run in desktop resolution but in windowed mode.

DS4 Steam controller support - is xinput wrapper, i also use DS4Windows, which is nearly same. But they don't work with Peixoto patch strangely, there is conflict somewhere..
Maybe there is a way to disable xinput controller support in Peixoto patch without enabling macroses, which i don't need, because i already have xinput wrappers for DS4 =)

PS - i talking about this option

peix.png
Filename
peix.png
File size
25.66 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 46 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
batterymandark wrote:

Speaking of Resident evil , i had to do it in a strange way in order to fix it, i had to use the dgvoodoo ddraw and dimm files combined with your fix in order to make it work. or else it refuse no mater what. However i do have one annoying crash. after a few minutes as it appear slightly random, and its much faster after i save a game, it crashes and trowing the same message a the normal error with couldn't find device, but the number aren"t 3 its 0. Its says : "Failed to initialize the Graphic Hardware Device.(0)"

Try API trace, please, and also post the error.log. I seems everytime some has trouble i'm back on my home town, so wait a couple weeks for my response

Reply 47 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Dranyth wrote:
I've been trying out your patch for Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain, however I've run into an issue. The script does (usually) cause […]
Show full quote

I've been trying out your patch for Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain, however I've run into an issue. The script does (usually) cause the game to run in a full screen 1920x1200 resolution, but while it's doing so, the Bink movies don't show any video. You can hear the audio playing, but the screen remains black. Once you get past the videos, the actual game does show up in an aspect correct, pillarboxed 1600x1200, which is good.

This is an install I did using CubanRaul's installer on a mounted disc image, and then used the 300MB Bink_patch_BO_(PC).exe to patch the Bink movies into the install. The file date on my KAIN.exe after the Bink_patch_BO_(PC).exe install is 7/6/2010 and it is 823KB in size. When I run the KAIN.exe by itself, without your script's shortcut, the Bink videos do play, however the game switches my desktop to 640x480 mode at that point, which isn't exactly ideal.

This is what I get from my error.log:

Peixotos's patch remote settings:
8bitColorfix: 1
compatlayer: win98
Controller: A=1;B=2;X=3;Y=4;LEFT_SHOULDER=6;RIGHT_SHOULDER=8;bLeftTrigger=7;bRightTrigger=5;Back=10;Start=9;LEFT_THUMB=11;RIGHT_THUMB=12;deadzone=0.000000;
d3D_Driver: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\c0313824.inf_amd64_cff8240637965d03\aticfx32.dll
ddraw: 1
error_log: E:\Utilities\Peixoto\error.log
FMVScale: 1.0
injector_dir: E:\Utilities\Peixoto
max_4x3_res: 1600x1200
Mydocs: C:\Users\D\Documents
os_version: 10.000000
resolutions_list: 640x480 720x480 800x480 800x600 1024x600 1024x768 1152x648 1152x864 1280x720 1280x768 1280x800 1280x1024 1360x768 1366x768 1400x1050 1440x900 1600x1200 1680x1050 1776x1000 1920x1080 1920x1200
script: Scripts\Kain.ahk
script_hwnd: 0x380a8c
target: G:\Games\LegacyOfKain-BloodOmen\KAIN.EXE
target_dir: G:\Games\LegacyOfKain-BloodOmen
target_name: KAIN.EXE
upscale: 1

Succeeded to hook IDirectInputDeviceW::GetDeviceState
Succeeded to hook IDirectInputDevice8W::GetDeviceState
Desktop 1920x1200
Direct3D user mode driver implemented in C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\c0313824.inf_amd64_cff8240637965d03\aticfx32.dll
OpenAdapter Hook 0
DirectDrawCreate Hook: 0
Succeeded to create DirectDraw
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw::SetDisplayMode
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw2::CreateSurface
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw::CreateSurface
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::restore
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::lock
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::Unlock

I've tried messing with a few settings in the INI, changing the FMVscale to some other values, such as 5.0 (which would perfectly multiply the original 320x240 videos to 1600x1200), but I've had no luck there. I've even tried using the replacement BinkBO32.dll that's supposed to remove the little ad and Kain laugh at the beginning of the Bink videos it plays. Again, through your patch, the videos play but you can only hear the sound, although the sound seems to skip with that DLL for some reason. And if I run the KAIN.exe itself, the videos do show up again, even with that DLL.

I did run an APItrace, although I'm not sure if it will be helpful, as when I ran the game with the Trace DDraw.dll in its directory, I got some weird results, the whole screen was strangely colored and stuck up in the upper left corner of the screen with a lot of artifacts. I basically just let it get to the main menu, since at that point it has already attempted to play the 3 intro logo videos. I'll add it in case it helps though.

The bink videos are not supported, but the fms play with no problems on win10. In a near future, i will also include an option for deinterlaced FMVs

Reply 48 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
KainXVIII wrote:
DS4 Steam controller support - is xinput wrapper, i also use DS4Windows, which is nearly same. But they don't work with Peixoto […]
Show full quote
batterymandark wrote:
If you want dualshock on older games you probly need 2 things, as i use a dualshock 3 controller . […]
Show full quote
KainXVIII wrote:

DS4 Steam controller support - is xinput wrapper, i also use DS4Windows, which is nearly same. But they don't work with Peixoto patch strangely, there is conflict somewhere..
Maybe there is a way to disable xinput controller support in Peixoto patch without enabling macroses, which i don't need, because i already have xinput wrappers for DS4 =)

PS - i talking about this option

peix.png

Errase the options controller and usemacros and the patch won't mind your controller. But the DS4 controller might work with the macros option

Reply 49 of 890, by Dranyth

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Peixoto wrote:

The bink videos are not supported, but the fms play with no problems on win10. In a near future, i will also include an option for deinterlaced FMVs

Ahhh, that does make sense as far as the video not showing up if it wasn't interlaced like it was expecting. So I reinstalled using CubanRaul's installer and didn't install the Bink patch and gave it a shot. I ran into another issue that got a little weirder this time where it seems like KAIN.exe changes my desktop resolution to 640x480 before the script can hook it? So by the time the script checks my resolution, it's already 640x480 and thus it doesn't change anything. Besides that, at first I didn't think it was working at all since it completely skips the logo movies and goes right to the Blood Omen splash screen, but upon starting a new game, the intro cutscene does play, interlaced as it is. The game also plays in stretched fullscreen like that, but since the script isn't changing it to run in 1920x1200 in a 1600x1200 pillarboxed view, I don't know if that means anything yet.

The weird thing is, I have a second Blood Omen install that is Bink patched, and every time I run it with your patch, the script always seems to hook it before the EXE can change the desktop resolution to 640x480. So I'm not sure why the non-Bink patched install is out of sync like that. There doesn't seem to be anything different in the Error.log, other than the "Desktop 640x480" line, but I'll post it in case I'm missing something:
Edit: *snip*

Very weird to be sure. Now, I don't run on an admin Windows account, so I do have to verify running the injector in admin mode by typing in my admin password before it can run, but I have to do that for both installs, so that doesn't seem to be the difference.

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out. If anyone else is having this sort of issue, the KAIN.exe installed via CubanRaul's installer starts with the Compatibility settings for the executable already set to 'Run in 640x480 screen resolution' and 'Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows 98'. I turned them both off, since Peixoto's patch already handles both.

Now the KAIN.exe doesn't get hard switched to 640x480 before the script can even set the proper desktop resolution. Yay!

Reply 50 of 890, by KainXVIII

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Errase the options controller and usemacros and the patch won't mind your controller. But the DS4 controller might work with the macros option

But its still be good if there is will be option to disable xinput support, for cases like mine =)

Reply 51 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
KainXVIII wrote:

But its still be good if there is will be option to disable xinput support, for cases like mine =)

That option exists, you don't actually need to edit the ini files directly. You can find it at the top of the help page in the features list

Reply 52 of 890, by KainXVIII

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Peixoto wrote:
KainXVIII wrote:

That option exists, you don't actually need to edit the ini files directly. You can find it at the top of the help page in the features list

You mean option like "Hold Control to activate"? Because it does not help me, either it don't work or don't save (always reset to "Activate" when i exit this window)..
The only result that I achieved - if i active macros i can move menus with left stick, but that's all, no other buttons are working 😀

Reply 53 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
KainXVIII wrote:

You mean option like "Hold Control to activate"? Because it does not help me, either it don't work or don't save (always reset to "Activate" when i exit this window)..
The only result that I achieved - if i active macros i can move menus with left stick, but that's all, no other buttons are working 😀

Indeed in doesn't work, i will fix it when i get back home

Reply 54 of 890, by KainXVIII

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Peixoto wrote:
KainXVIII wrote:

Indeed in doesn't work, i will fix it when i get back home

Thanks!

Reply 56 of 890, by Synyster7

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Peixoto wrote:
Here are some patches i have created for some old games […]
Show full quote

Here are some patches i have created for some old games

There are widescreen and HD patches, fixes for bugs, glitches or poor performance on nowadays computers, better compatibility with today's gamepads and even some modding tools, amongst other things

The games i've patched so far are:

American Mcgee's Alice
Dark Earth
Deus Ex
Dino Crisis
I am alive
Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen
Onimusha Warlords
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Project Eden
Resident Evil 1, 2 and 3
Shogo: Mobile Armor Division
Slave Zero
Tomb Raider 2, 2 gold 3, 3 gold 4,and 5
Unreal Gold

Download the patches for here:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApHOE-Ru-xkGgWw1PPyPXFI9KyNr

and enjoy !

I keep getting a directx error after launching Resident evil 2 sourcenext version. it loads fine with out them i just get an error "Failed to initialize DirectX"

Reply 57 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Some updates:

- The bug that prevented editing controller settings was fixed

- Ugly scaling of texts in Shogo fixed

- 3 new patches:

Little big Adventure:
Unfiltered scaling
A save system that makes more sense
Controller support with improved screen based movement

Little big Adventure - Enhanced edition:
Unfiltered scaling

Little big Adventure 2:
Unfiltered scaling
Solved some audio bugs
Better support for Xinput gamepads with screen relative analog movement, some bugs fixed and all buttons\axes
correctly recognised by the game
An installer for 64 bit systems

Last edited by Peixoto on 2017-09-09, 04:58. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 58 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Synyster7 wrote:

I keep getting a directx error after launching Resident evil 2 sourcenext version. it loads fine with out them i just get an error "Failed to initialize DirectX"

Try to create a trace file with api trace: this one should be possible to fix

Reply 59 of 890, by Synyster7

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Peixoto wrote:
Synyster7 wrote:

Try to create a trace file with api trace: this one should be possible to fix

im not sure how too sorry