VOGONS

Peixoto's patches for a few old games

Topic actions

Reply 420 of 890, by antrad

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Just finished playing I Am Alive with your patch and wanted to thank you for making this. The game has the most extreme DOF I ever saw, and the film grain is made for 720p and runs at lower framerate and looks terrible, I used reshade to make a better film grain effect. All this nonsense of theirs still was not enough to hide how ridiculously low quality textures were used in this game, it's obvious it was designed for outdated PS3/Xbox360 hardware and not for PCs in 2012. Still liked the game, though.

https://antonior-software.blogspot.com

Reply 421 of 890, by bparker318

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am trying to use your program for the Sourcenext version of RE2. I am using the 1.1 patch and Gemii classic reborn .dll and after trying to run both the 1.1 .exe and the original, I keep getting the error "Failed the Initialize Directx(r)."
As far as I can tell, DXdiag is showing no errors with DirectX, and I can't install the microsoft C++ 2010 or 2015 x86 versions because I already have newer versions of them.

I am currently running a system with an r5 1600 clocked to 3.9 ghz, 16gb of ram at 2666 mhz, and a gtx 1060 6g. I'm fairly certain I shouldn't have an issue, but it has completely stumped me.

thank you in advance, Piexoto.

Reply 423 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
cloudhaacker wrote:

Well, I'm not having any luck getting the api trace to work.

Actually API trace doesn't work with Direct3D "1" (DirectX 3 and 2). I can reproduce your bug, but i've seen transparency bugs elsewere in RE, i'll try a solution when i have the time

Hardcore wrote:

Hello guys. 😀
Finally got Resident Evil 1 working with your patch. Thank you soooooooooooooooooo much! There is just one thing annoying me. ...

I'll check this latter when i have the time

antrad wrote:

Just finished playing I Am Alive with your patch and wanted to thank you for making this. The game has the most extreme DOF I ever saw, and the film grain is made for 720p and runs at lower framerate and looks terrible, I used reshade to make a better film grain effect. All this nonsense of theirs still was not enough to hide how ridiculously low quality textures were used in this game, it's obvious it was designed for outdated PS3/Xbox360 hardware and not for PCs in 2012. Still liked the game, though.

You're welcome. I love I am alive so much i almost wish there was a sequel. I say almost because that's ubisoft, so they would probably put zombies on the sequel. I also love the effects, i just removed them because they give me headaches

bparker318 wrote:
I am trying to use your program for the Sourcenext version of RE2. I am using the 1.1 patch and Gemii classic reborn .dll and af […]
Show full quote

I am trying to use your program for the Sourcenext version of RE2. I am using the 1.1 patch and Gemii classic reborn .dll and after trying to run both the 1.1 .exe and the original, I keep getting the error "Failed the Initialize Directx(r)."
As far as I can tell, DXdiag is showing no errors with DirectX, and I can't install the microsoft C++ 2010 or 2015 x86 versions because I already have newer versions of them.

I am currently running a system with an r5 1600 clocked to 3.9 ghz, 16gb of ram at 2666 mhz, and a gtx 1060 6g. I'm fairly certain I shouldn't have an issue, but it has completely stumped me.

thank you in advance, Piexoto.

Just remove that dll

Neo94 wrote:
HI Peixoto, […]
Show full quote

HI Peixoto,

I need of an information.
Is it possible to execute RE2 in windowed mode using the patch?
When I try it, RE2 crashes.
What can I do?

It is meant for fullscreen only

Reply 426 of 890, by Pappetsu

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hello
I've downloaded the file with the patches from the link posted on the first post but file doesn't has the patch for RE2. It only has these 7:

dark death
i am alive
onimusha
prince of persia
resident evil 3
shadow mapping
splinter cell

Is there another link?

Reply 427 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Pappetsu wrote:
hello I've downloaded the file with the patches from the link posted on the first post but file doesn't has the patch for RE2. I […]
Show full quote

hello
I've downloaded the file with the patches from the link posted on the first post but file doesn't has the patch for RE2. It only has these 7:

dark death
i am alive
onimusha
prince of persia
resident evil 3
shadow mapping
splinter cell

Is there another link?

Try it now

Krix08 wrote:

k so i must have messed something up with the fmv's on tomb raider 2 because after i launch the game, the copyright thing works and then its just a black screen after that, any fix?

Run setup - hold shift when you start.
Check the FMVs size options
If you are using remastered fmvs try this: Peixoto's patches for a few old games

Neo94 wrote:
Hi Peixoto, […]
Show full quote

Hi Peixoto,

I'm sorry if I did not write you in these days.
Thanks for your answer.
Anyway... the windowed mode will be available in RE2 using the patch?
If it's possible.

Remove the lines
HD=1
32bit=1

from Resident evil 2 - claire.ini and Resident evil 2 - leon.ini

Reply 428 of 890, by umisery

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Star Wars Episode 1 Racer (GOG) closes automatically, here's the log:

Attachments

• Filename
    error.log
    File size
    3.68 KiB
    Downloads
    77 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 430 of 890, by uncaged

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Greetings, Piexoto!

I noticed that you work with old games, but I wonder if you can take a look at GTA IV.
This game is 10 years old but suffers a bit from compatibility issues with modern systems and hardware. Couple of latest patches have made the game very stable performance wise, but screwed dynamic shadows which now flicker at night. That happened around 2014 and it doesnt look like R* is going to fix the problem. I was researching the web for a week and I think noone even tried to fix it. The game is still 100% playable with night shadows turned off, but it kinda sucks to have the rig that handles the game at fullspeed and to not have the opportunity to use all the game's features.
Those shadows are very nice and add to the atmosphere, so please let me know what you think.

P.S. There is some more description about the problem can be provided if you are interested 😀

Reply 431 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
uncaged wrote:
Greetings, Piexoto! […]
Show full quote

Greetings, Piexoto!

I noticed that you work with old games, but I wonder if you can take a look at GTA IV.
This game is 10 years old but suffers a bit from compatibility issues with modern systems and hardware. Couple of latest patches have made the game very stable performance wise, but screwed dynamic shadows which now flicker at night. That happened around 2014 and it doesnt look like R* is going to fix the problem. I was researching the web for a week and I think noone even tried to fix it. The game is still 100% playable with night shadows turned off, but it kinda sucks to have the rig that handles the game at fullspeed and to not have the opportunity to use all the game's features.
Those shadows are very nice and add to the atmosphere, so please let me know what you think.

P.S. There is some more description about the problem can be provided if you are interested 😀

i'll add it to my list of requested

Reply 432 of 890, by uncaged

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Peixoto wrote:

i'll add it to my list of requested

Understood, thank you very much!

I will leave the details about the bug here.

The dynamic shadows come from street lamps and other wall lights are flickering very much at night. Shadows appear and disappear when moving camera angle.
The bug is caused by the dynamic shadows that come from car's headlights.
The test.
At night time, disable every cars by using the Trainer and that bug is gone, the dynamic shadows come from street lamps and other wall lights work fine.
Set car.headlight.intensity in the visualSettings.dat to 0.00. This is barely the solution since cars won't have the headlights at all.

And you can also see this bug happen in Raining, Lighting, Foggy weather at daytime, because car's headlight are automatic turned on in these types of weather.

So, no headlights - no bugs. But sucks (

Another kinda solution is to turn off the dynamic shadows of every lamp post to avoid the flickering, so at least car's headlights still have dynamic shadows, because if set "Night Shadows" OFF will effect both.

Reply 433 of 890, by Jonte999770

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Great work with these patches, the RE1 patch was what led me here, the Unreal patch also works with Unreal Tournament as well so i guess you could add that in a future update. Also would it be possible to be able to run the games from steam at the same time? I like to see how many hours i put in a game so would love to be able to make steam still count the hours.

Reply 434 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Jonte999770 wrote:

Great work with these patches, the RE1 patch was what led me here, the Unreal patch also works with Unreal Tournament as well so i guess you could add that in a future update. Also would it be possible to be able to run the games from steam at the same time? I like to see how many hours i put in a game so would love to be able to make steam still count the hours.

You can just duplicate the unreal.ini file. A "Create new patch" button will come soon. I was planing it for this year but i had some setbacks

Steam integration might happen eventually

Reply 435 of 890, by lexarflash8g

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Can someone walk me through on how to use this patch?
Im trying to play Dark Earth.. I heard it wont work with newer version of Windows..
how do I use injector and upscale the graphics for the game?
I get an error saying d3d9 not supported can you run it on current system or need a vM

Reply 436 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
lexarflash8g wrote:
Can someone walk me through on how to use this patch? Im trying to play Dark Earth.. I heard it wont work with newer version of […]
Show full quote

Can someone walk me through on how to use this patch?
Im trying to play Dark Earth.. I heard it wont work with newer version of Windows..
how do I use injector and upscale the graphics for the game?
I get an error saying d3d9 not supported can you run it on current system or need a vM

You probably referring to the message:
"Failed to load D3Dx9_43.dll, some features will not work, make sure DirectX is up to date"

It will still work, but without xBR scaling. To have it, update DirectX (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/deta … ls.aspx?id=8109), windows 10 doesn't includes all DirectX libraries

Also, read the help

Reply 437 of 890, by mercador

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Peixoto, first of all thank you for your amazing work!

I am trying to use your patch with the Steam release of Star Wars Episode I: Racer, but with no success.

Firstly the game would close automatically. As you have suggested in a previous post, I removed the ddraw.dll file from the game folder.
Now, when I try to start the game using the Help.exe, I get the error "BAD INSTALL: Error: Please reinstall program". Here is the full error log:

Peixotos's patch remote settings:
32bit: 1
CompatLayer: HIGHDPIAWARE
D3D: 3
D3D_Driver: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_adc520364db29861\nvldumd.dll
DSR: 2560x1440
error_log: D:\mercador\Downloads\Peixoto\Peixoto\error.log
GPad: A=1;B=2;X=3;Y=4;LEFT_SHOULDER=5;RIGHT_SHOULDER=6;bLeftTrigger=7;bRightTrigger=8;Start=9;Back=10;LEFT_THUMB=11;RIGHT_THUMB=12;deadzone=0.25;
HD: 1
injector_dir: D:\mercador\Downloads\Peixoto\Peixoto
max_4x3_res: 1920x1440
MHKS: 1
Mydocs: D:\mercador\Documents
os_version: 10.000000
resolutions_list: 640x480 720x480 720x576 800x600 1024x768 1152x864 1280x720 1280x768 1280x800 1280x960 1280x1024 1360x768 1366x768 1600x900 1600x1024 1600x1200 1680x1050 1920x1080 1920x1200 1920x1440 2560x1440
script: Scripts\PhantomMenace.ahk
script_hwnd: 0x4d08b4
target: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Star Wars Episode I Racer\SWEP1RCR.EXE
target_dir: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Star Wars Episode I Racer
target_name: SWEP1RCR.EXE
Textswap: samples=4;thumbnail=256;path=D:\mercador\Documents\Games\PodRacer\Textures;Next=PgDn;Prev=PgUp;dump=home;Switch=end;color_switch=del;nopopins=;Quick=Shift;

CreateProcessA Hook: 0
CreateProcessW Hook: 0
Succeeded to create the DirectInput Interfaces
Succeeded to create the DirectInput Interfaces
Succeeded to create the DirectInput8 Interfaces
Succeeded to create the DirectInput8 Interfaces
Succeeded to hook IDirectInputDeviceW::GetDeviceState
Failed to hook IDirectInputDevice8W::GetDeviceState - The interface pointer is not valid
Succeeded to hook IDirectInputDeviceA::GetCapabilities
Desktop 2560x1440
Direct3D user mode driver implemented in C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_adc520364db29861\nvldumd.dll
OpenAdapter Hook 0
DDraw.dll : C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DDRAW.dll
DirectDrawCreate Hook: 0
Succeeded to create DirectDraw
Succeeded to create Direct3D
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw4::CreateSurface
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::restore
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice3::EndScene
Succeeded to hook IDirect3D3::CreateDevice
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DTexture2::Release
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DTexture2::Load
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice3::SetTexture
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::Blt
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::Lock
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::Unlock
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::QueryInterface
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw::SetDisplayMode
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw4::SetDisplayMode
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw4::EnumDisplayModes
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DViewport3::SetViewPort2
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DViewport3::Clear
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DViewport3::Clear2
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::flip
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::GetSurfaceDesc
Succeeded to unhook IDirectDrawSurface4::Blt
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::Blt
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::Bltfast
Show last 13 lines
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DViewport3::TransformVertices
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice3::DrawPrimitive
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice3::DrawIndexedPrimitive
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice3::DrawPrimitiveVB
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw::SetCooperativeLevel
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw4::SetCooperativeLevel
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::GetPixelFormat
Succeeded to unhook IDirectDrawSurface4::Flip
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::Flip
Succeeded to unhook IDirect3DViewport3::Clear2
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DViewport3::Clear2
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw::Release

Any ideas?

Reply 438 of 890, by St1llMatt3R

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey Peixoto.
I'm running into an issue in Resident evil 1 where I'm noticing that the textures look broken or out of their bounds.
There are black bars on the screen around many of the textures in the background. Is there any way to fix this?

Reply 439 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
mercador wrote:
Peixoto, first of all thank you for your amazing work! […]
Show full quote

Peixoto, first of all thank you for your amazing work!

I am trying to use your patch with the Steam release of Star Wars Episode I: Racer, but with no success.

Firstly the game would close automatically. As you have suggested in a previous post, I removed the ddraw.dll file from the game folder.
Now, when I try to start the game using the Help.exe, I get the error "BAD INSTALL: Error: Please reinstall program". Here is the full error log:

That is not the patch. The game must have been patched to look for the ddraw.dll. There is a link for an alternative executable in the help page, try that.

St1llMatt3R wrote:

Hey Peixoto.
I'm running into an issue in Resident evil 1 where I'm noticing that the textures look broken or out of their bounds.
There are black bars on the screen around many of the textures in the background. Is there any way to fix this?

Some people have reported that problem, it is in my todo list