VOGONS

Peixoto's patches for a few old games

Topic actions

Reply 100 of 890, by CoolGamer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Peixoto, thanks for the LBA1 and LBA2 patches. LBA2 really looks sharper with your patch. I added a section to my LBA2 post (under dgVoodoo forum) that lists your patch as an option to install/run LBA2 under windows and provided a link to this thread. Is it possible to add texture replacement to LBA1 and LBA2? I know that widescreen is not an easy task, but if you can add widescreen support for these games in the future, they will look amazing.

Also, I would appreciate if you can add 64bit installer, xbox controller support and texture replacement for "Star Wars: Episode I - Racer" (pod racer), whenever you have free time. Phantom Manace did install/run on my system by using your patch, but I couldn't run Star Wars Racer by duplicating Phantom Manace script.

This is what I did to run Star Wars Racer via Peixoto's wrapper:
1) I installed the game from the CD using the custom 64bit installer from the following website:
https://www.letsplayforum.de/index.php/Thread … es-und-Patches/
2) I deleted all dgVoodoo wrapper files that are installed by the custom installer.
3) I ran the game once natively without Peixoto's wrapper and exited after the main screen showed up. It is not possible to play 3d race scenes natively.
4) I ran Peixoto's wrapper and pointed Phantom Manace Script to SWEP1RCR.exe file of Star Wars Racer.
5) A black screen showed up and after that a small error message popped. Error message said the following:
Racer Error
Direct3D Failure
No 3D Hardware Found

Log file is below. I also attached the trace file generated by Apitracer.

Peixotos's patch remote settings:
32bit: 1
Controller: A=1;B=2;X=3;Y=4;LEFT_SHOULDER=5;RIGHT_SHOULDER=6;bLeftTrigger=7;bRightTrigger=8;Start=9;Back=10;LEFT_THUMB=11;RIGHT_THUMB=12;deadzone=0.000000;
d3D: 3
d3D_Driver: nvd3dum.dll
error_log: C:\Games\Peixoto\error.log
HD: 1
Help: if (A_OsVersion =WinXP);TPM=; fileexist(v :\GAMEDATA\BIN\wmain.exe) ? TPM :=v;if not (dest :=ui_GetDestinationFolder(Games\The
injector_dir: C:\Games\Peixoto
max_4x3_res: 1024x768
Mydocs: C:\Users\CoolGamer\Documents
NEFS: 1
os_version: 6.100000
resolutions_list: 640x480 720x480 720x576 768x576 800x600 1024x768 1280x720 1280x768 1360x768 1366x768
script: Scripts\PhantomMenace.ahk
script_hwnd: 0xc02da
singlecore: 1
target: C:\Games\StarWarsRacer\SWEP1RCR.EXE
target_dir: C:\Games\StarWarsRacer
target_icon: TPM.EXE
target_name: SWEP1RCR.EXE
Textswap: samples=4;thumbnail=256;path=C:\Users\CoolGamer\Documents\Games\PhantomMenace\Textures;Next=PgDn;Prev=PgUp;dump=home;Switch=end;color_switch=del;nopopins=True;Quick=Shift;

Desktop 1366x768
Direct3D user mode driver implemented in nvd3dum.dll
OpenAdapter Hook 0
DirectDrawCreate Hook: 0
Succeeded to create DirectDraw
Succeeded to create Direct3D
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw4::CreateSurface
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::restore
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice3::EndScene
Succeeded to hook IDirect3D3::CreateDevice
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DTexture2::Release
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DTexture2::Load
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice3::SetTexture
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::Blt
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::Lock
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::Unlock
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::QueryInterface
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw4::SetDisplayMode
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw4::EnumDisplayModes
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::flip
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DViewport3::SetViewPort2
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DViewport3::Clear
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DViewport3::Clear2
Succeeded to unhook IDirectDrawSurface4::Blt
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::Bltfast
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DViewport3::TransformVertices
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice3::DrawPrimitive
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice3::DrawIndexedPrimitive
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice3::DrawPrimitiveVB
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw4::SetCooperativeLevel
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::GetPixelFormat
IDirectDrawSurface4::flip is already hooked
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::GetAttachedSurface
Succeeded to unhook IDirectDrawSurface4::bltfast
Method SetDisplayMode is not hooked yet

On a separate note, I get the "Racer Error::Direct3D Failure::No 3D Hardware Found" popup error via dgVoodoo too, if I don't check "fast video memory access" setting. Fast video memory access setting of dgVoodoo makes the error go away and makes the game playable via dgVoodoo. Several other people (but not everybody) also reported the exact same error and "Fast Video Memory access" solution on dgVoodoo forum.

Attachments

Reply 101 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
CoolGamer wrote:

Peixoto, thanks for the LBA1 and LBA2 patches. LBA2 really looks sharper with your patch. I added a section to my LBA2 post (under dgVoodoo forum) that lists your patch as an option to install/run LBA2 under windows and provided a link to this thread. Is it possible to add texture replacement to LBA1 and LBA2? I know that widescreen is not an easy task, but if you can add widescreen support for these games in the future, they will look amazing.

Also, I would appreciate if you can add 64bit installer, xbox controller support and texture replacement for "Star Wars: Episode I - Racer" (pod racer), whenever you have free time. Phantom Manace did install/run on my system by using your patch, but I couldn't run Star Wars Racer by duplicating Phantom Manace script.

LBA 1 and 2 are pure software games: that limits what can be done.

I've uploaded a Star wars racer patch.

Edit: i had broken the other game when i fixed the racing game. Now they're both working

Last edited by Peixoto on 2017-11-13, 04:18. Edited 4 times in total.

Reply 102 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
RaZziel94 wrote:
RaZziel94 wrote:

Soo after moved from Apitrace .Dll file to game directory and Piexoto directory it is working not perfectly smooth but smoother and item menu is much much better the other thing textures are sometimes not complete. but I have another problem when I launch game from original directory there are saves but when I launch game through piexoto Help.exe there are not any saves. Where do I find those saves I tryed to search Appdata but I did not had any luck. Anyway thank you a lot for you´r time Piexoto with out you It would not work.

Here is link for the trace file: https://mega.nz/#!RWYEVQoS!k8iH-XkH_UzJ1QU26- … prDZQEloMhoBPDI

Sorry RaZziel94, but the trace file didn't reveal anything that would help me fix the game for you

Reply 103 of 890, by RaZziel94

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Peixoto wrote:
RaZziel94 wrote:
RaZziel94 wrote:

Soo after moved from Apitrace .Dll file to game directory and Piexoto directory it is working not perfectly smooth but smoother and item menu is much much better the other thing textures are sometimes not complete. but I have another problem when I launch game from original directory there are saves but when I launch game through piexoto Help.exe there are not any saves. Where do I find those saves I tryed to search Appdata but I did not had any luck. Anyway thank you a lot for you´r time Piexoto with out you It would not work.

Here is link for the trace file: https://mega.nz/#!RWYEVQoS!k8iH-XkH_UzJ1QU26- … prDZQEloMhoBPDI

Sorry RaZziel94, but the trace file didn't reveal anything that would help me fix the game for you

ok but thank you for your time atleast it is now full screen

Reply 104 of 890, by CoolGamer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Peixoto, thanks a lot for the Star Wars Racer script. Unfortunately I am still having issues. The game installation via your tool works. The game also starts without any problems. The intro videos work and 2d starting menu and 2d profile selection menu work.

After I select player name and click OK, I get garbled graphics in the 3d cutscene and race selection menu (this is the bar scene, where race selection is done on the hologram). After I start the race, I get a white screen with HUD overlay and countdown. After the countdown the game crashes. In other words, the 3d race world was all white and all I could see was the 2D HUD overlay. I could not take screenshots since Fraps make the game crash at startup.

I also want to mention that I got 4:3 aspect ration in 3d scenes. This is OK if you haven't implemented widescreen support yet.

When I ran the game via "Peixoto's tool + Apitracer", I did not get any graphics. It was all black screen but the sound of intro videos and menus were audible. I was able to start the race by pressing enter multiple times. So I was able to run the game and generate the trace file even though I did not have any visuals. I heard the race countdown, so I know that the trace file includes the 3d race.

Are you able to get graphics in this game when you put the apitracer ddraw.dll file into the game directory?

Log file is below. Trace file is attached. My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate Edition 64bit. The laptop's graphics card is Nvidia Geforce GT 230M.

Peixotos's patch remote settings:
#compatlayer: WinXPSP2
32bit: 1
Controller: A=1;B=2;X=3;Y=4;LEFT_SHOULDER=5;RIGHT_SHOULDER=6;bLeftTrigger=7;bRightTrigger=8;Start=9;Back=10;LEFT_THUMB=11;RIGHT_THUMB=12;deadzone=0.250000;
d3D: 3
d3D_Driver: nvd3dum.dll
error_log: C:\Games\Peixoto\error.log
HD: 1
Help: if (A_OsVersion =WinXP);TPM=; fileexist(v :\Racer.exe) ? TPM :=v;if not (dest :=ui_GetDestinationFolder(Games\PodRacer,,,False));subkey=SOFTWARE\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC\Star Wars: Episode I Racer\v1.0;
injector_dir: C:\Games\Peixoto
max_4x3_res: 1024x768
Mydocs: C:\Users\CoolGamer\Documents
NEFS: 1
os_version: 6.100000
resolutions_list: 640x480 720x480 720x576 768x576 800x600 1024x768 1280x720 1280x768 1360x768 1366x768
script: Scripts\PhantomMenace.ahk
script_hwnd: 0x402d8
target: C:\Games\PodRacer\SWEP1RCR.EXE
target_dir: C:\Games\PodRacer
target_name: SWEP1RCR.EXE
Textswap: samples=4;thumbnail=256;path=C:\Users\CoolGamer\Documents\Games\PodRacer\Textures;Next=PgDn;Prev=PgUp;dump=home;Switch=end;color_switch=del;nopopins=True;Quick=Shift;

Desktop 1366x768
Direct3D user mode driver implemented in nvd3dum.dll
OpenAdapter Hook 0
DirectDrawCreate Hook: 0
Succeeded to create DirectDraw
Succeeded to create Direct3D
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw4::CreateSurface
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::restore
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice3::EndScene
Succeeded to hook IDirect3D3::CreateDevice
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DTexture2::Release
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DTexture2::Load
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice3::SetTexture
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::Lock
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::QueryInterface
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw4::SetDisplayMode
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw4::EnumDisplayModes
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::flip
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DViewport3::SetViewPort2
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DViewport3::Clear
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DViewport3::Clear2
Succeeded to unhook IDirectDrawSurface4::Blt
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::Bltfast
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DViewport3::TransformVertices
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice3::DrawPrimitive
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice3::DrawIndexedPrimitive
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice3::DrawPrimitiveVB
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw4::SetCooperativeLevel
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::GetPixelFormat
IDirectDrawSurface4::flip is already hooked
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::GetAttachedSurface
Succeeded to unhook IDirectDrawSurface4::bltfast
Method SetDisplayMode is not hooked yet
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::GetSurfaceDesc
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw::Release
Show last 13 lines
Succeeded to unhook IDirectDrawSurface4::Flip
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::Flip

Releasing Clipper 0
Releasing Clipper 0
Releasing Clipper 0
Releasing Clipper 0
Releasing Clipper 0
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::lock
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::blt

Attachments

• Filename
    SWEP1RCR Trace File.rar
    File size
    1.43 MiB
    Downloads
    96 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 105 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
RaZziel94 wrote:

ok but thank you for your time atleast it is now full screen

If you keep playing with APItrace, your HD will soon be filled with trace files, don't do it

CoolGamer wrote:

Again nothing helpful in the trace file. I have uploaded a few tentative fixes but nothing promising

P.S.: i couldn't read most of the trace file. Either a bug in the program or lack of memory in my computer, i believe

Reply 106 of 890, by CoolGamer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Peixoto, can you look at the attached new trace file please. I was able to make a much smaller trace file by pressing the buttons quicker and navigating the game quickly. If this one does not help either, it is OK. Thanks for your help. I wrote the details about the new trace file below:

It turns out that Lucas Arts released a patch for the USA and International versions of the game. Patch includes separate game exes for each version and a sound DLL that works with both versions. I attached the patch below. You can read about it at the link below. File download links are down, but I got them from another internet archive FTP link.
https://web.archive.org/web/20070212170008/ht … /swep1racer.htm
https://archive.org/details/ftp.lucasarts.com-20130427

Third party installer that I mentioned previously, includes this updated exe. Peixoto's tool works slightly better for me with the updated exe. Graphics are still garbled but the game does not get stuck. I generated the new trace file using the updated exe and sound DLL. I have the US version of the game.

Apitracer still gives me complete black screen (no 3d world, no HUD) even with the updated exe.

In the attached rar file, I included some screenshots that I took by running the game natively without Peixoto's tool. When I run the game with Peixoto's tool I am able to see some pixels of the 3D models, but it mostly looks like the native mode screenshots that I attached.

When I try to run the apitracer without Peixoto's tool, the game crashes. I think apitracer itself is also having problems with this game. Are you able to run apitracer with this game on your machine without causing any graphics problems?

Attachments

• Filename
    StarWarsRacerOfficialPatch.rar
    File size
    902.12 KiB
    Downloads
    217 downloads
    File comment
    Star Wars Racer Official Patch from Lucas Arts
    File license
  • Filename
    StarWarsRacerTraceAndLogAndScreenshots.rar
    File size
    1.03 MiB
    Downloads
    91 downloads
    File comment
    StarWarsRacer Trace And Log And Screenshots
    File license

Reply 107 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Apitrace still crashes, but i can see the first call to clear the zbuffer and it works, no idea about what is happening.

I will install the demo on a win 7 computer later and see if i can reproduce the bug

Reply 108 of 890, by cl0ck83

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Pexioto

First of all thanks for doing this, I installed my old Sourcenext RE2 copy on my Windows 10 64 bits. but I been cracking my head for the last two days in order to make this game playable on PC I installed the R2 media then applied the 1.1.0 patch I start the game in win98 compat mode in full screen stop the game copy the patch to the RE2 folder but I can't even start the game I got this error regarding a DLL that is obviously in the folder. I don't if maybe i'm doing something wrong I read another post of you pointing that maybe the issue was caused by the vcredist

C5Y3O70.png

rurT7nQ.png

Thanks for your help. 😀

Reply 109 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
cl0ck83 wrote:
Hi Pexioto […]
Show full quote

Hi Pexioto

First of all thanks for doing this, I installed my old Sourcenext RE2 copy on my Windows 10 64 bits. but I been cracking my head for the last two days in order to make this game playable on PC I installed the R2 media then applied the 1.1.0 patch I start the game in win98 compat mode in full screen stop the game copy the patch to the RE2 folder but I can't even start the game I got this error regarding a DLL that is obviously in the folder. I don't if maybe i'm doing something wrong I read another post of you pointing that maybe the issue was caused by the vcredist

C5Y3O70.png

rurT7nQ.png

Thanks for your help. 😀

Peixoto.dll doesn't need to be in the game folder, it must stay in the peixoto folder. Try to extract the patch files somewhere else to start

You probably missing some dependency. Don't you have a message requesting you to Update DirectX ?
try doing that

Reply 110 of 890, by cl0ck83

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Peixoto

I did the change regarding the folder structure. I made a mistake extracting the content directly into Resident Evil 2 folder and no I didn't received any message regarding the DirectX, but I did install the dxweb update after that it worked perfectly!!! Pexioto I know maybe sound stupid but thanks for bring my childhood memories back. 🤣

hrfu1r0.png

0MeFKnk.png

Reply 111 of 890, by CoolGamer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Peixoto wrote:

Apitrace still crashes, but i can see the first call to clear the zbuffer and it works, no idea about what is happening.

I will install the demo on a win 7 computer later and see if i can reproduce the bug

Peixoto,

I submitted a bug report to Apitrace developer Jose Fonseca regarding Star Wars Racer. He fixed the bug and uploaded the new apitrace release to his website. It is now possible to trace Star Wars Racer natively and via Peixoto's tool without any crashes. I also don't experience complete black screen when I am tracing via Peixoto's Tool + apitracer. On a seperate note, Jose stated that he will gladly accept source code patches (enhancements and bug fixes) from users. So, if you come up with any ideas regarding new features or bug fixes, please feel free to submit a patch to him.

I attached the new traces that I took for native run and for Peixoto's tool. I hope they contain something useful. If not, don't worry about it. I know that you already spent a lot of time on this game. It is a very buggy game to begin with. I think it is even buggier on Windows 7.

I also have a question regarding using Peixoto's tool along with dgVoodoo2. I am unable to run Star Wars Racer via Peixoto's tool when I drop dgVoodoo2's ddraw.dll into the game folder. The game gets stuck (not responding in task manager). Do you know why this happens? Is this something you can fix on your end? Or should I submit a bug report to dgVoodoo2 author Dege?

In some games (such as LBA2), I am able to chain Peixoto's tool and dgVoodoo2. But in most of the other games that I tried (Heart of Darkness, Star Wars Phantom Menace, Star Wars Pod Racer, Resident Evil 1), I could not chain Peixoto's tool and dgVoodoo2. Generally speaking, it would be cool to add installer support, controller support, compatibility/bug fixes, and widescreen support via Peixoto's tool and to convert the game to DX11 via dgVoodoo2.

Attachments

• Filename
    StarWarsRacer_NewTraces.7z
    File size
    3.56 MiB
    Downloads
    73 downloads
    File comment
    StarWarsRacer New Traces via New Apitracer
    File license

Reply 112 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
CoolGamer wrote:
Peixoto, […]
Show full quote
Peixoto wrote:

Peixoto,

I submitted a bug report to Apitrace developer Jose Fonseca regarding Star Wars Racer. He fixed the bug and uploaded the new apitrace release to his website. It is now possible to trace Star Wars Racer natively and via Peixoto's tool without any crashes. I also don't experience complete black screen when I am tracing via Peixoto's Tool + apitracer. On a seperate note, Jose stated that he will gladly accept source code patches (enhancements and bug fixes) from users. So, if you come up with any ideas regarding new features or bug fixes, please feel free to submit a patch to him.

I attached the new traces that I took for native run and for Peixoto's tool. I hope they contain something useful. If not, don't worry about it. I know that you already spent a lot of time on this game. It is a very buggy game to begin with. I think it is even buggier on Windows 7.

I also have a question regarding using Peixoto's tool along with dgVoodoo2. I am unable to run Star Wars Racer via Peixoto's tool when I drop dgVoodoo2's ddraw.dll into the game folder. The game gets stuck (not responding in task manager). Do you know why this happens? Is this something you can fix on your end? Or should I submit a bug report to dgVoodoo2 author Dege?

In some games (such as LBA2), I am able to chain Peixoto's tool and dgVoodoo2. But in most of the other games that I tried (Heart of Darkness, Star Wars Phantom Menace, Star Wars Pod Racer, Resident Evil 1), I could not chain Peixoto's tool and dgVoodoo2. Generally speaking, it would be cool to add installer support, controller support, compatibility/bug fixes, and widescreen support via Peixoto's tool and to convert the game to DX11 via dgVoodoo2.

Good news about apitrace. Since you are already communicating with the developer, could you request the option to log the caller address ? That would simplify some things, including widescreen patches

The trace file for star wars racer unfortunately doesn't help. However, i have done some work on a Intel machine and i will upload a new script soon that likely to fix things on win 7

There are several things that make supporting dgVoodoo2 complicated, its not a daunting task, but it requires time that i think is better spent elsewhere

Reply 113 of 890, by CoolGamer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Peixoto wrote:

Good news about apitrace. Since you are already communicating with the developer, could you request the option to log the caller address ? That would simplify some things, including widescreen patches

Yes, I can submit a feature request ticket under the github Issues section (linked below) that has the title "Feature Request: Log caller address". Can you write a one paragraph description about this feature request that I can copy/paste into the body of the message? Please try to explain the possible use cases for it (e.g. widescreen patches, directx bug fixes, etc.), APIs that it should work with (DirectX, OpenGL or both), and if possible include a suggested example output that shows how caller addresses should show up in trace files. Since I am not a programmer, I will also need your help in replying to Jose's follow up questions.

https://github.com/apitrace/apitrace/issues

Peixoto wrote:

The trace file for star wars racer unfortunately doesn't help. However, i have done some work on a Intel machine and i will upload a new script soon that likely to fix things on win 7

Thank you so much for this. I will test it when you release the updated version.

Peixoto wrote:

There are several things that make supporting dgVoodoo2 complicated, its not a daunting task, but it requires time that i think is better spent elsewhere

Yes, I understand that you have your own development priorities. Is there anything that dgVoodoo author can do on his end to make his ddraw.dll wrapper work with your tool? Your tool works with apitrace's ddraw.dll file, but it doesn't work with dgVooodoo's ddraw.dll. Is there a missing feature in dgVoodoo's ddraw.dll that makes it crash? Since dgVoodoo is a general purpose wrapper, it should work with all DirectX programs (including yours).

Reply 114 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
CoolGamer wrote:

Well, i tried to submit a feature requested on apitrace github, but i forgot my password and their password reset email is no arriving on my mail box, so here is a description: "Log the return address of each function call"

I've updated the star wars racer script: try it out

Dgvoodo2 is a number of small things: i lost track o them a long time ago when i gave up trying to keep compatibility with dgVoodoo

Reply 115 of 890, by CoolGamer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Star Wars Racer works on my laptop with the latest script. 😁 Thanks Peixoto.

I was able to see the sun with "Proxy z buffer on system memory" unchecked. What's weird is that, turbo speed did not work. When I nose dived (pressing up arrow key of the keyboard), turbo did not fill up. When I checked "Proxy z buffer on system memory", turbo worked. I wanted to bring this to your attention.
EDIT: This turned out to be false alarm. Turbo now works with both "Proxy z buffer on system memory" unchecked or checked. Maybe all I had to do was to exit and restart the game. Maybe just the first run was glitched.

It turns out that Star Wars Racer takes screenshots when F12 button is pressed. When I press F12 button, screenshot contains completely pink screen. Not that it matters, but I wanted to mention it.

I submitted the feature requests for caller address logging on Github.

Reply 116 of 890, by Sturm

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Peixoto,

This is an amazing program and I was able to get it running with Tomb Raider 2 flawlessly. Thank you so much! I can't wait to try it out with some of the other games on the list, including the other TR games, natch.

There is only one issue I have with the program: it makes the game un-stream-able. I very much want to run through all of the TR games on my Twitch channel, however, I cannot get the game to be recognized when it's running through the injector and such. I have tried both OBS and XSplit; neither program picks up the actual TR2 game window so it can be streamed. I suspect that this is partly due to the game being run in Administrator mode and partly due to the wrappers/injectors needed to run the game.

Is there any way around this? Perhaps even an older patching method instead of using your awesome tool (sadly)? I have the TR games both from GOG and Steam.

Reply 117 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
CoolGamer wrote:

Star Wars Racer works on my laptop with the latest script. 😁 Thanks Peixoto.

It turns out that Star Wars Racer takes screenshots when F12 button is pressed. When I press F12 button, screenshot contains completely pink screen. Not that it matters, but I wanted to mention it.

Its magenta actually, it is a "side effect" of how CPU access to frame buffer memory is emulated on my patches: writes are OK by reads are not. If the need arises someday, it can be fixed

Sturm wrote:

Peixoto,

I have tried both OBS and XSplit; neither program picks up the actual TR2 game window so it can be streamed.

I have tried OBS using display capture as the source and it worked. I have started OBS as admin, but that's probably not need