VOGONS

ZDoom32

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 23, by dondiego

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well you won't believe this but it has happened again. 😦 I cherry-picked something that apparently was safe but it wasn't and broke some maps, there was some refactoring at certain point and somehow there was an infinite loop somewhere and game hung. So i've re-released the last version again and by the way i've added some more fixes such as the unmorphing bugfix. The unexplored secret color is in as well. To clarify things this has never happened with LE, that re-release was only due to a minor compiler problem and was still the same code.
I didn't catch this since i've been testing LE lately. But now it's fixed and apparently everything is fine this time for real. 😀 With the exception of course of a couple of 3d floor problems. Certainly i'd need help with that broken drawer, that code looks like chinese to me. 🙁 😦

LZDoom, ZDoom32, ZDoom LE
RUDE (Doom)
Romero's Heresy II (Heretic)

Reply 21 of 23, by dondiego

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've posted a new update to fix the broken 3D floors in truecolor, it was a wrong alpha blending problem. You won't believe this but dpJudas fixed it himself.
https://github.com/drfrag666/gzdoom/releases/ … om32_2.8.4a.zip
Also i've updated the NO GL version for ZDoom purists.
As mentioned in the LE thread the GL renderer has broken portals and mirrors but it's mostly fine.

Edit: Portals and mirrors are only broken with MinGW, may be due to an undefined behavior in the old code. With VS 2017 they work but the release build crashes in gl_setup.cpp as soon as i start a new game (also the compiler crashed in zcc_expr.cpp). With VS 2015 it should work.
Edit2: To clarify things i guess the problem with portals is in VS, some broken code in that version that worked by luck. I can't fix it unfortunately. May be an unitialized variable somewhere?

RUDE (Doom)

Reply 22 of 23, by dondiego

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I released ZDoom32 2.8.5 (GL 1.9.2) a couple of days ago. Both versions are in the same package now.
https://github.com/drfrag666/gzdoom/releases/ … oom32_2.8.5.zip

I've changed the executables and their names in the package (for compatibility). Now there's a full version (VS 2015 build) with the GL renderer requiring SSE2 and without ASM for SAFESEH running on XP and later and a N version without the GL renderer and with ASM for old non SSE2 cpus. That one still runs on win98.
Changing the compiler fixes portals and mirrors in GL mode. Also i've fixed linux compilation, i missed a few things, i'm using gcc 5.4 on mint mate 18.2. Cocoa should work but i haven't tried.

So now what's new? Like i mentioned there's a major bugfix for an old ZDoom bug and a few minor ones. On the features there's that mugshot in the primary HUD thing and the new skill level and that new savegame list order (now optioned with the oldsaveorder CVAR). Also i've added the trilinear (none) filtering mode and made it the default for the GL renderer. And more stuff i don't remember right now.

RUDE (Doom)

Reply 23 of 23, by dondiego

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I' forgot i released a new version mainly to fix a somewhat important bug which was already in the g1.x branch: dynamic lights did not affect certain walls, there was a missing adjustment after the renderer floatification. It was just something not easily noticeable (i noticed it playing Lizard Men 4 and with beamflashlight.pk3).
Also there are a few more fixes, including fragglescript cameras and the buffer overflow in the savegame comment. I've added stack protection for MinGW (N version) too BTW. And changed the executable name to zdoom32 again.

https://github.com/drfrag666/gzdoom/releases/ … om32_2.8.5a.zip

RUDE (Doom)