VOGONS

Reply 180 of 183, by Kahenraz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'm but sure how this got derailed so quickly. My question was asking about past builds, since there used to be Windows binaries available. Building from source for Windows is not as easy as pressing a button, especially if the code has diverged for so long. This was noted even by the author.

vvbee wrote on 2023-10-16, 17:06:

If it was hard to find someone to port it to Windows a few versions ago then it'll be harder now, I'll say that much.

Also this seemed to imply that someone else may have been maintaining a Windows release. I'm but familiar with this project, and I was just trying to figure out why I couldn't find the binaries that used to be available, or if I wasn't looking in the right place.

vvbee wrote on 2023-08-18, 17:44:
mrgreen wrote on 2023-08-18, 07:57:

Hello, I would like to get the Datapath VisionRGB-pro card.
Is this software and its drivers compatible with Windows 7 (32 or 64 bits)?
Regards

Currently, no. It's available for Linux, which the VisionRGB-PRO has no drivers for. Earlier versions of VCS support the PRO and Windows XP and upwards, they're available as source code but are deprecated. Someone's maintaining a Windows version of VCS as a separate project.

Reply 181 of 183, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'm but sure how this got derailed so quickly.

I made an offhand, flippant comment about the linux community, and several people took it seriously.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 182 of 183, by DLR

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've been trying to get a hang of Linux and how to get the VCS running on it. No previous experience so a bit lost every now and then.

I'm running:
Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS
opencv-4.9.0
Qt Creator 12.0.2 (6.6.0)
Kit: Desktop Qt 6.7.0 MinGW 64-bit
vcs-3.4.3

I've got as far as building it in QT Creator but while doing it I run into these errors:

Multiple uint errors like this:

\\wsl.localhost\Ubuntu\home\henskelit\vcs-3.4.3\src\display\display.h:151: error: 'uint' does not name a type; did you mean 'int […]
Show full quote

\\wsl.localhost\Ubuntu\home\henskelit\vcs-3.4.3\src\display\display.h:151: error: 'uint' does not name a type; did you mean 'int'?
In file included from ../vcs-3.4.3/src/capture/capture.h:40,
from ..\vcs-3.4.3\src\capture\alias.cpp:9:
../vcs-3.4.3/src/display/display.h:151:102: error: 'uint' does not name a type; did you mean 'int'?
151 | void kd_show_headless_assert_error_message(const char *const msg, const char * const filename, const uint lineNum);
| ^~~~
| int

Something else:

👎 error: [Makefile.Release:7055: generated_files/src/capture/alias.o] Error 1

Warning:

\\wsl.localhost\Ubuntu\home\henskelit\vcs-3.4.3\src\common\disk\file_readers\file_reader_video_presets_version_b.cpp:143: warnin […]
Show full quote

\\wsl.localhost\Ubuntu\home\henskelit\vcs-3.4.3\src\common\disk\file_readers\file_reader_video_presets_version_b.cpp:143: warning: loop variable 'propName' of type 'const string&' {aka 'const std::__cxx11::basic_string<char>&'} binds to a temporary constructed from type 'const char* const' [-Wrange-loop-construct]
..\vcs-3.4.3\src\common\disk\file_readers\file_reader_video_presets_version_b.cpp: In function 'bool file_reader::video_presets::version_b::read(const string&, std::vector<video_preset_s*>*)':
..\vcs-3.4.3\src\common\disk\file_readers\file_reader_video_presets_version_b.cpp:143:37: warning: loop variable 'propName' of type 'const string&' {aka 'const std::__cxx11::basic_string<char>&'} binds to a temporary constructed from type 'const char* const' [-Wrange-loop-construct]
143 | for (const std::string &propName: kc_supported_video_preset_properties())
| ^~~~~~~~
..\vcs-3.4.3\src\common\disk\file_readers\file_reader_video_presets_version_b.cpp:143:37: note: use non-reference type 'const string' {aka 'const std::__cxx11::basic_string<char>'} to make the copy explicit or 'const char* const&' to prevent copying

Tried to include different int's in the code but none of it helped. Have I missed a step or is some of the libraries/software I'm using incompatible?

Reply 183 of 183, by vvbee

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Install Ubuntu 20.04 in a VM and build it there, might be less trouble. Use Qt 5 and GCC 9. Somebody can make and distribute an appimage.

VCS 3.5.0 adds rudimentary support for digital cameras via gPhoto2. I don't know the use case, maybe put VCS on a Pi and strap it with an LCD onto your old camera to get focus peaking in your previews.

Attachments

• vcsgpfp.png
    Filename
    vcsgpfp.png
    File size
    735.6 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception