VOGONS

Reply 21 of 181, by vvbee

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

For reasons, this program is now open source, https://github.com/leikareipa/vcs. It used to cost money, so rejoice, and if you paid for it, the support is appreciated.

If you stuck with an older version and have older saved settings, you need to ditch them or edit the files by hand, as there was a move toward csv-style formatting. Mostly it's just commas where there used to be spaces, but not in all cases. Export a dummy file and investigate it to see the new structure if you want to salvage old files.

Reply 22 of 181, by vvbee

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Version 1.2.4
- overhaul of some of the gui elements, most notably the filter sets dialog
- performs 10-15% faster
- some small issues apprehended

See the video there: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1F-mYDRAV4. Derive some guidance from it on how to operate vcs.

Reply 24 of 181, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

So when you say "pad the output to a given resolution", can i assume i can set it to 1920x1080(for example) and input 640x480, and the video will show 1080 with lots of black? Because that would be great. I can always crop later.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 26 of 181, by Great Hierophant

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I can't get the alias setting working with VCS 1.2.5. I have followed the readme's instructions. I created a text file with only the numbers 534 472 720 400 and the program refuses to load the file. The terminal states that "Expected a 4-parameter row in the alias file". Any ideas?

http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/ - Nerdly Pleasures - My Retro Gaming, Computing & Tech Blog

Reply 27 of 181, by Great Hierophant

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I learned that alias mode requires a comma after each number, so 534,472,720,400 should work.

http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/ - Nerdly Pleasures - My Retro Gaming, Computing & Tech Blog

Reply 28 of 181, by th1r5bvn23

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry for bumping the post, but your website is down and now I can't download pre-compiled binary distribution. I don't want to go through all the hassle building the software myself, but if you can't recover the website, I'll try it. Anyway thanks for your outstanding work!

AMD K6-2+ 500, FIC PA-2013 2.0 (1MB cache), 128MB SDRAM PC100, Voodoo3 3000 AGP, Labway Yamaha YMF719B-S with NEC XR385
AMD Athlon 64 3000+, ECS K8M800-M3, 512MB DDR 400, GeForce FX 5200, SoundBlaster Live! SB0060

Reply 29 of 181, by vvbee

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
th1r5bvn23 wrote on 2020-03-31, 11:59:

Sorry for bumping the post, but your website is down and now I can't download pre-compiled binary distribution. I don't want to go through all the hassle building the software myself, but if you can't recover the website, I'll try it. Anyway thanks for your outstanding work!

This country's gone into a recession and I'm already out of a job for 2 years, so the paid hosting will probably be down for a while. I still own the domain so the service will resume later on. The next release(s) on GitHub will likely include the binary distribution as a download, so keep an eye on that, and keep in mind I've seen Chrome's security block downloads of new binaries from GitHub in the past.

Reply 30 of 181, by th1r5bvn23

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
vvbee wrote on 2020-04-03, 16:56:

This country's gone into a recession and I'm already out of a job for 2 years, so the paid hosting will probably be down for a while. I still own the domain so the service will resume later on. The next release(s) on GitHub will likely include the binary distribution as a download, so keep an eye on that, and keep in mind I've seen Chrome's security block downloads of new binaries from GitHub in the past.

Sorry to hear that. Hope everything will be fine!

AMD K6-2+ 500, FIC PA-2013 2.0 (1MB cache), 128MB SDRAM PC100, Voodoo3 3000 AGP, Labway Yamaha YMF719B-S with NEC XR385
AMD Athlon 64 3000+, ECS K8M800-M3, 512MB DDR 400, GeForce FX 5200, SoundBlaster Live! SB0060

Reply 31 of 181, by vvbee

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Version 2.0.0 is now out and as a temporary measure the binary's hosted on GitHub's relases page for VCS at https://github.com/leikareipa/vcs/releases

- Added support for capturing under Linux (requires Datapath's Vision Linux driver and is limited to /dev/video0)
- Added ability to configure multiple sets of signal parameters (phase etc.) per resolution - called video presets
- UI tweaks here and there
- Filter graph nodes' background color can be customized
- Filter graph nodes can be enabled/disabled individually (disabled nodes act as passthroughs)
- Unified save file format style
- Esc key now exits fullscreen mode
- Added shortcut keys to engage fullscreen mode and to toggle output window border on/off
- Fixed inability to toggle output window border off on Linux
- Output window allows setting a custom title
- Output window's title now displays the current refresh rate
- Renamed "Unique count" filter to "Frame rate estimate"
- Deprecated keyboard shortcuts (F5 and Alt + Shift + arrows) to directly manipulate the capture's horizontal and vertical position - you can now create video presets to achieve much the same effect

output-window.png
filter-graph-dialog.png

Reply 33 of 181, by vvbee

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

A side effect of the new version of VCS implementing Linux support for capturing is that code talking to the capture hardware was put behind an abstract interface which the rest of the program interacts with - so in theory it should be fairly easy to add support for hardware other than Datapath's, so long as that hardware has an open C-compatible API. As long as any such new code implements the required parts of VCS's capture API (src/capture/capture_api.h), it should work, more or less.

Reply 34 of 181, by brassicGamer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I see there is a new release on GitHub. No binary though? Just checking I'm not missing something, thanks.

Check out my blog and YouTube channel for thoughts, articles, system profiles, and tips.

Reply 35 of 181, by vvbee

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
brassicGamer wrote on 2021-03-23, 11:59:

I see there is a new release on GitHub. No binary though? Just checking I'm not missing something, thanks.

Over at www.tarpeeksihyvaesoft.com. If you don't see the newest version there then a browser cache refresh should do it.

Reply 36 of 181, by vvbee

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Version 2.4.0 is out, download it while it's up for the next few days.

Same deal as last year - money's tight and I want to save on hosting, so the downloads will take a summer break. Not planning on putting them on GitHub now but maybe later - already done 40+ releases of this thing, that's enough for a bit.

Reply 37 of 181, by lushen124

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
vvbee wrote on 2021-04-02, 07:29:

Version 2.4.0 is out, download it while it's up for the next few days.

Same deal as last year - money's tight and I want to save on hosting, so the downloads will take a summer break. Not planning on putting them on GitHub now but maybe later - already done 40+ releases of this thing, that's enough for a bit.

Looks like I'm a few days late on the download, since it seems to be gone again. Would you be open to hosting it again temporarily? I'll pay for hosting costs if that's the only concern.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, why avoid using Github as a host for the binary?

Reply 39 of 181, by lushen124

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

After a few hours of trial and error, I finally was able to build a version that works. I will say that the instructions are likely inadequate for somebody that isn't already familiar with software development and tracking down old versions of OpenCV and MinGW isn't particularly straightforward either. In the end, I had to resort to manually building OpenCV 3.2 in an x86 flavor (needing to find and use CMake to do so) because the available download for this only has a x64 flavor in the download. I ran through two different versions of MinGW until I found one that worked with the appropriate posix libraries for Windows. Maybe it's worth writing a bit more on the build instructions, at least for setting up in a Windows environment.

In any case, I still want to thank you for writing up this application for interfacing with the Datapath Vision line of capture cards.