VOGONS

First post, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

https://www.computerworld.com/article/3282066 … -computers.html

My brother has my Athlon XP but I do have may have a laptop in the closet I can test with. Anybody able to confirm?

Wonder how this affects POS machines......

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 1 of 5, by dr_st

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
DosFreak wrote:

Muy God, what an asshat the guy who wrote that article is. I really wish for that device to punch people over TCP/IP.

https://cloakedthargoid.wordpress.com/ - Random content on hardware, software, games and toys

Reply 2 of 5, by jxalex

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

a sense of humor required in this. We should not even care about such new M$ releases and such new Intel architecture which is more and more incompatible. We make our own already soon.

Vogons should react as "dropping support for machines without ISA bus". Especially when making the new hardware remakes/clones ... 😉

Also take a look in the history of the ZX Spectrum . Where the most clones were made? And which ones with more than 128kB RAM? The england
had no dictation there if the other countries or developers should wait the sinclair.

Current project: DOS ISA soundcard with 24bit/96Khz digital I/O, SB16 compatible switchable.
newly made SB-clone ...with 24bit and AES/EBU... join in development!

Reply 3 of 5, by vvbee

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
jxalex wrote:

Vogons should react as "dropping support for machines without ISA bus". Especially when making the new hardware remakes/clones ... 😉

Joke or not, I think this misses the question of who in these miniscule niches rewards the developers.

Reply 4 of 5, by jxalex

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

please elaborate more your comment... about developers and such.

I see there is nothing to reward in a forced update/upgrade policy and in products with planned obsolence.

I mean that if some hardware is made becouse of money then thats always waste of engineers ressource and never celebrating the creativity or development since it is waited that consumers will abandon it... after a new "PRODUCT" is released, but which gets the same fate after next "product" and so on...

the craplabs company really do not care whatever or however many of us are here in a need for a ISA bus soundcards or that their pci soundcards had the compatibility... thus there is also nothing to reward/praise/celebrate about that.

Current project: DOS ISA soundcard with 24bit/96Khz digital I/O, SB16 compatible switchable.
newly made SB-clone ...with 24bit and AES/EBU... join in development!

Reply 5 of 5, by vvbee

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

When you're developing on fumes of self-reward, the size of your userbase doesn't matter. But to sustain the project, you need extrinsic rewards, which culling your already-niche base with unnecessay limitations won't help.