VOGONS

First post, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/play-window … play,37990.html

Not all games may run perfectly on Linux, but that’s also often the case with Windows 10, which can not play older games as well as previous versions of Windows did, even under Compatibility Mode

heh. No. If we compare "Linux" to "Windows 10" then "Linux" can't run any games. If by "Linux" they mean Proton running on a distro then they make it out like it's comparable to Windows compatibility. It isn't. Windows 10 game compatibility is great out of the box but even better with tools like DOSBox and dgvoodoo.

Once a year I go through and test random games and it's still flaky and a PITA. Just a week ago I was going through installing games and had issues with installers and applying game patches using Wine. Pretty simple tasks but obviously something that hasn't been tested much in Wine, these all worked fine in 10x64 (except for the 16bit installers of course). Wine has come a long way but it still needs to go alot further to be anywhere near to close to Windows game compatibility.

I do wonder if this SteamPlay initiative will tailor Wine even more so to the most popular games even more so than it already has. 🙁

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline